• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid stopped working?

Area57

Bluelighter
Today 22:13
I was iv Ing 5-6 mg dilaudid mixed in those pink water solutions. Great rush every time.

Two things happened at once. I ran out of pink solutions. I also did H again. A low amount. For a couple days. I started keeping tack so my tolerance didn't increase and I started at a point and never went above that.

So so I did dilaudid again the other day and didn't feel almost anything. I even increased the dosage to 8mg and not really anything. I know my tolerance didn't shoot up. Could it be that it dissolved so much better in the pink saline solutions? And cold tap water isn't dissolving out the medicine well? Or is having used H somehow interfering with things?

confused. It should work.​

What's the pink solution? Some sort of 'clean water' given out in packs with rigs or what? I've never come across it. That aside, I can't help feel the H has played a role. Wouldn't surprise me if a superior drug like diamorphine-->morphine can make dilaudid take a back seat for a couple of days or so.

Pink saline solution given out at exchanges.

I too too wonder if the H did it, but I have read dilaudid is certainly not weak. That's why I thought maybe it wasn't dissolving in the cold tap water

I would say that your tolerance has just gone up a little. Dilaudid does provide a great rush but since you have been shooting it frequently you just need to shoot more. also, were you high on H already when you shoot the dilaudid? that will play a role on whether you get a rush or not. sometimes when you shoot to soon again it won't give ya that rush. be safe.

Yeah opiates, after you've lost your 'opioid naïveté', your doses have to be spaced out if you wish to get close to the effect you got from your first dose of the day which is always the best because there has usually been a longer time since your last dose due to sleep etc. When oxycodone worked for me I would take my morning dose and wait at least 8 hrs before my next one which would be at about 2pm in the afternoon so my next dose would be the following morning at 6am so 16hrs since my last dose which is why the first dose of the day is so effective, keeping in mind this all rings true for a chronic daily user of opioids.

Meth on the other hand, even though my morning shot would be 200-300mgs, I could d that again 4hrs later and very closely repeat the effects - great rush, eye wiggles after tunnel vision, then high as fuck.

Two things I hate most about opiates - physical addiction and brutal tolerance and not necessarily in the same order. As a chronic pain sufferer if I had known how bad my tolerance would get I would have kept myself at20-30mg doses and as soon as the magic disappeared I would have cut back to 15mg doses for a month so that when I resumed 20-30mg doses they would be effective......rather than do what I and many others do which is to increase the dose consistently and become tolerant to doses that would have probably killed me when I started the drug. Now I have no or very low pain relief on Suboxone. Life sux if you try hard enough. Take care.

Yep. I think you guys are right. It is the rush. With dilaudid, it's mostly about the rush. And at first taking only them, once they wore off, say 4-6 hours later you can take more and get that rush. Probably with H still in the system you have to wait until it is gone, or maybe 6-8 hours to get that rush to come again.

My saline pink water theory makes no scientific sense if you think about it. Thanks guys.

huh. weird. I had a half gram to a gram a day (generally shot about .2-.3 at a time, 2-3x/day) dope habit (and it was pretty decent quality shit honestly) when I moved from Ohio to FL to "get clean." where I'm from in FL there's hardly any H, and if you can even find it its almost always gonna be super expensive and really low quality. so after 12 days clean my boyfriend and I broke down ...we drove up to a bad part of the city, got out at a gas station and shouted "WHERE'S THE DOPE?!" we ended up getting hooked up w/ a 4mg dilaudid. we split it, and that 2mg DEFINITELY hit me hard. and I know my tolerance can't have gone down THAT much in 12 days.
so I'm kind of perplexed by your problem honestly.

huh. weird. I had a half gram to a gram a day (generally shot about .2-.3 at a time, 2-3x/day) dope habit (and it was pretty decent quality shit honestly) when I moved from Ohio to FL to "get clean." where I'm from in FL there's hardly any H, and if you can even find it its almost always gonna be super expensive and really low quality. so after 12 days clean my boyfriend and I broke down ...we drove up to a bad part of the city, got out at a gas station and shouted "WHERE'S THE DOPE?!" we ended up getting hooked up w/ a 4mg dilaudid. we split it, and that 2mg DEFINITELY hit me hard. and I know my tolerance can't have gone down THAT much in 12 days.
so I'm kind of perplexed by your problem honestly.
You actually yelled that? Lol:D what part of flordia? I was in st augustine about 3 days ago dying for boi and ended up just buying a gram of high quality ice. I did see acouple guys nodding out when I stopped at the gas station but I was with family or I wouldve asked them

Nope. Something isn't right here. I think the dilaudid isn't dissolving. Do I need to add some heat? I have been keeping my h dose the same. Right at a point and I tried 12 mg of dilaudid today and can't say I really felt anything.

Move got to be mixing it wrong where it isn't dissolving right or something. When I ran out of H I switched to dilaudid and didn't have withdrawals. And hydromorphone is practically as strong as heroin so something I'm doing isn't right. It's got to be that it isn't dissolving right in the tap water.

I waited today until until my eyes were watery and I was ready for a shot because I thought the above posters might be right that it was something like that but nope.

I tried light heat and I'm pretty sure that was the problem. It wasn't dissolving in cold water. I had a feeling. So today I tried 8mg and added light heat and then the crushed pills and then light heat. I could see it dissolved different. I let it cool for a minute and the powder settled into the bottom. Micron filter and bam.

I had had noticed that a couple times I mixed a single dilly and about half the H I do and felt a bit of both. That must be because I cooked the H first and then added the hot H solution to the crushed dilly.

Maybe be it has something to do with whether you get the brand or a certain generic.

You actually yelled that? Lol:D what part of flordia? I was in st augustine about 3 days ago dying for boi and ended up just buying a gram of high quality ice. I did see acouple guys nodding out when I stopped at the gas station but I was with family or I wouldve asked them

yeah my boyfriend did yell that. xP it was the ghetto in Bradenton, you know just northish of Sarasota ...around like 9th and 14th(US41) I think??

EDIT: we've also found a hook in a new town multiple times before by just walking up to random people at a gas station/motel/whatever who have visible track marks and asking them -- has never failed thus far!

Last edited:
Pink saline solution given out at exchanges.

I too too wonder if the H did it, but I have read dilaudid is certainly not weak. That's why I thought maybe it wasn't dissolving in the cold tap water

They give out 5ml packets of sterile water at the one here. Dunno why they would use saline instead. Also do not use water straight from the tap as there is lot's of bacteria in that that can cause problems. Hell i don't even risk using regular bottled water as it's only abit better then tap water. If i don't have sterile water i get distilled water which is pretty good though by no means as safe as sterile water. The only times in my life that i have gotten cotton fever was from tap water that i only boiled for 5 minutes or so which is hardly enough. I actually got it twice in the same fucking day from the same batch of water and i hope to never experience that again.

I don't know why anyone would think Dilaudid is somehow weak as it is actually more potent then pure Diamorphine aka Heroin by about double. I have neve used Heroin but my main IV Opiates of choice have been Dilaudid and Morphine. I noticed that with Dilaudid my tolerance shot through the roof pretty fast. I was using the 18mg Hydromorph Contins and i got such a high tolerance from shooting them that i ended up shooting up 54-72mg's of Hydromorphone per shot which is 3 or 4 of the 18mg pills. I can still vividly remember the first time i IVed and it was a 4mg name brand Dilaudid pill and back then that was enough for me to get a rush. 72mg's of Hydromorphone seems like such a insane dose (it kinda is insane i guess) but that's the kind of tolerance you can rack up when you have a cheap and plentiful supply of Hydromorphone high dose pills. In comparison to Morphine Dilaudid packs a better and cleaner rush but it's basically all rush and no high or even any nodding. Morphine feels "dirtier" by comparison thanks to it's Histamine release which i never got off Dilaudid even at the massive doses i was using. After awile i started associating the histamine release with the rush after a shot and i remember how when i went back to Hydromorphone after i had been off it for months the Dilaudid almost seemed to clean.

Did you notice if it made a difference for you to add a little heat to get it to dissolve?

It's your tolerance.... After doing h, I can't feel D's at All anymore! Surely that's what it is..

It's your tolerance.... After doing h, I can't feel D's at All anymore! Surely that's what it is..

This is what I was going to say. Hydromorphone is a strong narcotic, probably stronger than heroin mg/mg, but if your getting good quality dope, and shooting just a point, well thats a 100mg, and even if Hydromorphone was 2x (this is an estimate, I'm not sure as to there relative potency) stronger than heroin, you would have to shoot 50mg of hydromorphone to get an equivalent dose of a point of raw heroin (ONCE AGAIN-I'm not saying Hydromorphone is twice as strong, I'm just making a point. I quickly googled to try to find an equivalency but couldn't come up with something fast).

Back when I was shooting about a gram of tar a day, usually doing .2/.25g dosages, I tried shooting 12mg of dilaudid to get well one time when I was really sick, and it felt at best like a cotton shot.

Also, even when using a micron filter, it is probably not a good idea to heat pills, because insoluble binders can become temporarily soluble, but will reharden again and wind up in your lungs and capillaries.

Did you notice if it made a difference for you to add a little heat to get it to dissolve?

Hydromorphone is perfectly soluble in room temp and even cold water so there is no need at all to add heat. Adding heat would simply be making the shit you don't want in your shot like binders more water soluble.