• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Dihydrocodeine

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Hi I've got some dihydrocodeine 30mg I've heard that these are stronger than tramadol 50mg is this true or is my bf bullshittin me? ?

As @falsifiedhypothesi said^ It can be very individual. I believe there is a specific thread just for DHC if you have a quick search Female ?. I too loved the part opioid part instant SSRI/SRA effect of Tramadol, but with everything tolerance gets you in the end. However as an opioid, DHC is stronger!!

DHC and tramadol are about the same as far as analgesia goes. I use DHC daily and have used tramadol too and I didn't find much difference between a 30mg DHC and a 50mg tramadol.

I like the effects of DHC better, though. Seems more opiate-like as far as nodding etc.

Absolutely Akane, Trams should be reserved for treatment resistant depression. I have often thought, someone with suicidal tendencies on the edge, could be given a lifeline while getting the help they need. Many meds are wasted while people in real “emotional” pain get put on the same old hamster wheel.

Note: O-demethyltramadol was very popular a while back I remember. Much smoother empathogenic effects, still fairly average as an opioid though!!

Hi I've got some dihydrocodeine 30mg I've heard that these are stronger than tramadol 50mg is this true or is my bf bullshittin me? ?

A Dihydrocodeine 30mg is about th same as 60mg Tramadol, so your bf was not shitting you. IME it is actually closer to 75mg Tramadol.
If you have untreated depression Tramadol is a God-send. Otherwise DHC is MUCH better. I have a lot of experience with both. DHC is much better both for pain and recreationally. I'm on an SSRI, so don't really need the anti-depressant effects of Tramadol. I still got the extra noradrenaline and it was nice, but not as nice as Dihydrocodeine. I take 300-600mg DHC a day and it feels like every day is like the best day <3
And that's not easy to feel when you're life has been as full as trauma and abuse as mine.

Report update.. just plugged 60mg in 3ml of water an Tess's its a nice mellow buzz feels like 100mg of trams result ?%

An experiment you can do is to cut the DHC into two and preferably four pieces and do the same with tramadol, and start with, for example, 10 mg of DHC and 12.5 mg of tramadol and see if the effect is the same as one or other by itself . . . the chemical dissimilarity and overlapping action may make it possible for your supply of both to last a little bit longer. Plus the DHC-tramadol combination has very good properties of its own.

Update from another thread discussing tramadol and the like -- right now I am an hour after downing tapentadol, oxymorphone, tripelennamine, caffeine, and methylphenidate and it is stronger and a slightly less stimulating than the old tramadol-DHC+tripelennamine-caffeine-low dose alcohol combination from the days of yore and I expect a very nice evening with the ladies starting in about two hours . . .

My tramadol are capsules! How could I take 12.5mg out of a 50mg capsule? I also don't have digital scales but can buy some if you can explain in layman's terms how to do it?

My tramadol are capsules! How could I take 12.5mg out of a 50mg capsule? I also don't have digital scales but can buy some if you can explain in layman's terms how to do it?

The most precise way, which requires no extra equipment or arcane scientific knowledge, would be to dissolve the capsule contents in 50 ml of water and then use an oral syringe, spoon, small measuring cup or the like to pour and drink what you need and put the rest in the refrigerator for later; actually, this can be done with the DHC tablets too if they are immediate-release and easy to smash into powder in a mortar & pestle or other ways of smashing up tablets.

A high-precision scale is a good thing to have around on general principle -- it works for medications, it works for herbs and for other things too.

Last edited:
Nico is bang on, personally though a trams 50mg capsule split into 4 12.5ml is barely worth it. May help comparisons though I agree.

300mg Dihydrocodeine and 300mg Tramadol and I was walking on cotton wool <3
I'd take like 1/5th of that if you don't have any tolerance, though. That might OD an opiate-naive person.

Pretty sure dhc is a semi synthetic opioid and being synthetic has nothing to do with how they effect an individual.
Synthetics have a very different feel to them v semi synthetics/full opiates, very different once you experiment enough
And yes dhc is semi but I find it leans more toward full, tramadol in particular being fully synthetic lacks a certain opiate feel especially since it not only effects opiate receptors
Morphine is king, hydromorphone is Prince and oxy is God oddly I'd pick Oxy over H anyday

^ it is a semi-synthetic opioid. It is modified from codeine (presumably with an additional hydrogen atom?) that makes it 2-2.5 times as strong and significantly decreases histaminergic effects. You still get them on high doses, but not the hot itchy hell of too much codeine.