• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrocodeine - the usual reaction?

wheaters

Bluelighter
So! after a heavy night on alcohol Saturday i decided to pop a 30mg IR dihydrocodeine tablet around 16:00 on Sunday. I felt quite "funny" for lack of a better word. Now this is the first time i felt the feeling this strongly probably because it was the first time taking these things sober. Bare in mind that i am very opiate intolerant. I've been very tired and groggy all day today and just curious if this is the "norm"? I'm only starting to indulge in opiates so all info is welcome! =D

To expand on "funny"...i felt a little floatey and could definitely feel this wasn't a sober experience. It was enjoyable however! I did struggle to sleep though, but i think this was paranoia due to the fact i was automatically jolting myself awake again just before drifting off as i felt my lungs would stop? Ridiculous i know...its weird for me to be so idiotic about such small doses. :?

Sounds like you got high man. I think alcohol really dulls an opiate high which I find fairly subtle compared to stims but you end up skipping the opiate buzz and going straight to sedation. In regards to harm reduction booze and opiates are not a good mix so be careful everyone.

I presumed so :) although i don't mind this as i did get a lot of these in the first place for just that! I just didn't expect such a low dose to effect me as i did used to have 500 para 30mg codeine x2 every night till i ran out of the 20 I had. Not that this would expand my tolerance much i know, and codeine is a lot weaker. All in all though i was just checking this is the high and not some weird reaction!8(

Also yes i presume that is what must have happened. The heavy load of alcohol in me must of reduced the effect of the previous occasions i took it. Well, this is interesting i think i could replace alcohol with these on the weekend, to cut down my drinking habit for a while.=D

just be careful. i'm sure you're not naive to the fact that playing with the dihydro's will up your tolerance, making your codeine less effective, and it could be tempting to keep upping doses until you have a monkey on your back.

im guessing you havent really experienced opiate withdrawals and if not, you don't want to.

be safe mate!

Yeah don't worry i acquired around 90 30mg dihydro's and i'm planning on just taking them once every week or 2 on a weekend :) it will last me a while! I'm just looking for advice so when i do dabble maybe once or twice a month i know how to safely.=D I know to not mix alcohol with these so i feel maybe once every few weeks taking these will also prevent me drinking for a week+ at a time. Which is always a good thing for my liver :p.

As always smacky, safety is no.1! :)