• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dihydrocodeine Products in Oz

Yes its OTC but they have to record your details, a name and address is needed but no proof.

^ That has only ever happened once to a friend of mine. I have never been asked for my details before. This is Perth though.

^ Contact the company and see what they have to say. Maybe they'll send you some free samples. :D

Haha no the way that would work would be:

"Please send back the bottle with 190ml and we will send you a replacement".

Yeh like that 190ml lasted more than 10 seconds out of the bottle once I'd measured it 8) Tastes pretty good compared to other cough syrups I've got to admit.

Out of curiosity, that stuff is pretty sweet and sucrose is one of the main ingredients... anyone want to take a swing in the dark at how many kilojoules per 100ml there are? Similar to cordial maybe?

Its sorbitol not sucrose which has no calories.

No no I know about the sorbitol. I meant Sucrose:

Ingredients
Each 10 mL of Rikodeine Oral
Liquid contains dihydrocodeine
tartrate 19 mg and sorbitol 4 g as
active ingredients.
It also contains:
* sucrose,
* citric acid anhydrous,
* methyl hydroxybenzoate,
* amaranth CI16185,
* strawberry flavour
* water
This medicine does not contain
alcohol, lactose or gluten.

Usually ingredients are listed in order of greatest to least quantities so I'd have a wild gues and say this stuff is a good 20-30% sucrose to get it that sweet?

Sorbitol is an artificial sweetner so I'd say it is the main ingredient for the sweetness, last time I checked (ages ago) it didn't have that list or I possibly missed it so it might have changed.

Maybe ring them or contact the company in some way, I'd imagine its negligible if they don't list the amounts.

Ah okay, you're probably right. I thought it was just there for the laxative effect. I guess how ever much sucrose they can squeeze into 200ml is pretty neligible in the long run anyway. :)

reply to dihydrocodeine - http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=368717

The only Dihydrocodeine products in Australia:

CODOX (Tablets) S2 This product may cause drowsiness.
Aspirin 300 mg, dihydrocodeine tartrate 7.5 mg; white water dispersible; gluten free;
Dose: Should be taken with food. Adults, children > 12 years: 1-2 tabs dissolved in water as required every 4 hours
Pack: [24] Private: $x

Each tablet is a round tablet with a border and says CODEX.

Warning: aspirin has killed people from overdoses, so unless you find a way to seperate the two products the only other one is this:

RIKODEINE ORAL LIQUID (Syrup) S3 This product may cause drowsiness.
Dihydrocodeine tartrate; sorbitol, sucrose, methyl hydroxybenzoate; clear, red, strawberry flavour; gluten free;
Dose: May be taken with or without food. Admin every 4-6 hrs. Adults: 5-10 mL. Children, 4-5 yrs: 2.0-2.5 mL; 6-12 yrs: 2.5-5 mL. Elderly: reduce dose initially
Pack: 19 mg /10 mL 100 mL [1] Private: $x
Pack: 19 mg /10 mL 200 mL [1] Private: $x

Active. Each 10 mL contains dihydrocodeine tartrate 19 mg.

Inactive. Sorbitol, sucrose, anhydrous citric acid, methyl hydroxybenzoate, amaranth CI16185 and water. Rikodeine Oral Liquid does not contain alcohol, lactose or gluten.

Drug Interactions: CNS depressants incl alcohol, antiemetics, antihistamines, hypnotics, sedatives, tranquillizers; quinidine; CYP2D6 inhibitors eg phenothiazines, antipsychotics (poss); anticholinergics eg TCAs; antihypertensives; antiperistaltic antidiarrhoeals; MAOIs; neuromuscular blockers; opioid agonists, antagonists (eg naloxone)

And theres a thread somewhere on BL about getting rid of the sorbitol (made for methadone or morphine syrups i think) but most people just drink it... and tend to get the runs or stomach cramps.

Im getting off my bosses PC before he comes back.. right after a pinch a few scripts... joking ;)

[EDIT: Removing prices. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
Codox doesn't exist anymore. It was discontinued Im guessing, because the Online MIMS doesn't say shit about Codox.

Check out sixthseal.com and look at the DF-118 or whatever it is. 30mg dihydrocodeine with 500 tablets in a bottle!!!

It fuckin pays to have a pharmacist as a good friend...

wow had no idea so many people liked rik in australia.I used to extract the codox tablets but i think there off shelf now.

Hmm, I think i must be immune to the complete effects of Sorbitol, drank 200ml of Rikodeine 2 nights ago, nice high with only a little bit of nausea. Unfortunately im still backed up if u know what i mean.

Kinda wishing sorbitol had more of an effect on me :(

Oh well, thats what u get for messing with opiates. Im definitely more of a stimulant type of person, much prefer feeling light and empty rather than carrying this house brick with me.

lol

Hmm, I think i must be immune to the complete effects of Sorbitol, drank 200ml of Rikodeine 2 nights ago, nice high with only a little bit of nausea. Unfortunately im still backed up if u know what i mean.

Kinda wishing sorbitol had more of an effect on me :(

Oh well, thats what u get for messing with opiates. Im definitely more of a stimulant type of person, much prefer feeling light and empty rather than carrying this house brick with me.

lol

I feel for you, I've found I'm the same with Riko. 200ml Riko + ~200mg codeine and I couldn't even urinate for a few hours (reminded me of an episode of house :D ) then was blocked up for the next few days as well. I suppose it is a handy deterrant in that sense; not something you'd want to take too regularly.

I wonder if freezing it might help seperate or at least concentrating some DHC into a liquid with less sorbitol in it. I will give it try next time i get a bottle and let you know the results.

Codox doesn't exist anymore. It was discontinued Im guessing, because the Online MIMS doesn't say shit about Codox.

Check out sixthseal.com and look at the DF-118 or whatever it is. 30mg dihydrocodeine with 500 tablets in a bottle!!!

It fuckin pays to have a pharmacist as a good friend...

there's a certain SE Asian country i frequent where these DF-118 are cheap and available OTC. I really don't rate dihydrocodeine as anything special, especially higher end dosages.....it just gives me nausea and dizziness! it's not really the holy grail that people are making it out to be...

I wonder if freezing it might help seperate or at least concentrating some DHC into a liquid with less sorbitol in it. I will give it try next time i get a bottle and let you know the results.

There is no easy way, even with access to a chemical lab and lab grade chemicals there are no documented processes to separate the two without damaging the mixture or making it unsafe to consume.

Mmmm...fucking opiates! I'd love to get my hands on a steady supply of dihydrocodeine, DF-118 30mg with 500 tablets. Fuck yes please! I'm more of a stimulant person persay, but persay, I love the opiates (codeine, dihydrocodeine persay) for Personal Enjoyment, persay. Sometimes, persay, a man's just gotta chill by himself hopped up on downers, persay. I really don't classify myself as a man yet, persay. Would you say, persay, that a man is a man at 18, persay? Or more so a man at 21, persay?

Mmmm...fucking opiates! I'd love to get my hands on a steady supply of dihydrocodeine, DF-118 30mg with 500 tablets. Fuck yes please! I'm more of a stimulant person persay, but persay, I love the opiates (codeine, dihydrocodeine persay) for Personal Enjoyment, persay. Sometimes, persay, a man's just gotta chill by himself hopped up on downers, persay. I really don't classify myself as a man yet, persay. Would you say, persay, that a man is a man at 18, persay? Or more so a man at 21, persay?

Say what? Persay?

There is no easy way, even with access to a chemical lab and lab grade chemicals there are no documented processes to separate the two without damaging the mixture or making it unsafe to consume.

thanks for that mate, saved me alot of research.

Is mixing tagamet with DHC a good way to make it stronger or not.
I heard tagamet is great for morphine orally but not codeine i think if u take the tagamet at same time or after codeine it makes it stronger as the morphine stays around longer. My theory its takes a while fro tagamet to work in stomach and by the time it deos codeine has turned into morphineis this corrected or am i fried.

I recall but from past use that DHC is potentated by tagamet. true or false and when is best time to take tagamet (Cimetidine)?

some info on tagamet
from MIMS: (Oral absorption studies carried out using a 200 mg dose have resulted in blood levels averaging 2.8 micromol/L (0.7 mg/L), occurring at times ranging from 45 to 75 minutes after dosing. Up to 34% of the drug was recovered from the urine two hours after dosing, and after 24 hours 70% of the dose was recovered.)

Interactions
Cimetidine has the potential to affect the absorption, metabolism or renal excretion of other drugs, which is particularly important when drugs with a narrow therapeutic index are administered concurrently. The altered pharmacokinetics may necessitate dosage adjustment of the affected drug or discontinuation of treatment (see Precautions).

Interactions may occur by several mechanisms including the following.

1. Inhibition of certain cytochrome P450 enzymes (including CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP2D6 and CYP3A3/A4, and CYP2C18). Inhibition of these enzymes may result in increased plasma levels of certain drugs including warfarin type coumarin anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin), tricyclic antidepressants (e.g. amitriptyline), class I antiarrhythmics (e.g. lidocaine (lignocaine), quinidine), calcium channel blockers (e.g. nifedipine, diltiazem), oral sulfonylureas (e.g. glipizide), phenytoin, theophylline and metoprolol.

2. Competition for renal tubular secretion. This may result in increased plasma levels of certain drugs including procainamide, quinidine, metformin, cyclosporin, tacrolimus and dofetilide (see Contraindications).

3. Alteration of gastric pH. The bioavailability of certain drugs may be affected. This can result in either an increase in absorption (e.g. atazanavir) or a decrease in absorption (e.g. some azole antifungals, e.g. ketoconazole, itraconazole or posaconazole).

4. Unknown mechanisms. Cimetidine may potentiate the myelosuppressive effects (e.g. neutropenia, agranulocytosis) of chemotherapeutic agents, e.g. carmustine, fluorouracil, epirubicin, or therapies, e.g. radiation. Isolated cases of clinically relevant interactions have been documented with narcotic analgesics (e.g. morphine).

Is this still available otc without a prescription? I've been googling rikodeine and all the sites you can order from say it is prescription only medicine.

I haven't seen it anywhere except chemists warehouse, you can just go up and ask for it, usually they will ask you if you want the 100ml or 200ml bottle :) Though often they seem to be out and you have to go to a different one.

I found one place which isn't a chemist that sells it without taking any details. They'll sell multiple bottles at a time and you can order online, it's cool. Not dick sizing, I just find it interesting that a company can do this for an S3 product without any form of record keeping (ie no name taking and they just make out receipts to 'Cash'). I thought S3 meant you had to speak to a pharmacist personally.

tadfish said:
Is mixing tagamet with DHC a good way to make it stronger or not.
I heard tagamet is great for morphine orally but not codeine i think if u take the tagamet at same time or after codeine it makes it stronger as the morphine stays around longer. My theory its takes a while fro tagamet to work in stomach and by the time it deos codeine has turned into morphineis this corrected or am i fried.

I recall but from past use that DHC is potentated by tagamet. true or false and when is best time to take tagamet (Cimetidine)?

Don't know if it would as DHC isn't a pro-drug like codeine. Cimetidine would potentiate codeine by inhibiting CYP2D6. Because DHC doesn't have to be converted to morphine I doubt it would happen in the same way.

Although, I remember vaguely that some of the DHC would be metabolised to dihydromorphine, so maybe worth looking into potentiating that way? Not sure how you would do that.

Last edited: