• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrocodeine Information

Al12

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi, I just wanted some general info on a compound which is in my Dihydrocodeine bottle.
Roughly 2 months ago I made a thread about Dihydrocodeine dosage and I later found out that my bottle contained Pentylenetetrazol and I was informed that it wasn't a wise idea to ingest recreational dosages of DHC with that compound since its pretty toxic and it increase the likelihood of convulsions.

I have now a new DHC bottle that contains Methylparaben, glycerol, along with ethanol 95%, honey flavor, saccharin, chocoa flavor and citric acid.

I just wanted to know if the methylparaben, glycerol and ethanol was safe if I take the minimum recreational dosage. I know that ethanol and opiates is not a good combo but its already contained in the pharmaceutical product.

Btw on the bottle there is written that 1ml corresponds to 31 drops.
1ml contains 10,25mg of Dihydrocodeine.

Is it safe to take 30-40mg of this DHC with ethanol (95 percent), methylparaben and glycerol?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
wiki says methylparaben is non-toxic. glycerin is used in food. i'm not saying do it, but it doesnt sound dangerous to me. why the hell cant you just get some drugs that aren't mixed with rat poison and dog shit??

why the hell cant you just get some drugs that aren't mixed with rat poison and dog shit??

Lol

My parents are doctors and they gave me this stuff in case I have a bad cough. Looked on the internet and apparently all cough syrups which contain opiates in my country have this nasty stuff. However I was mostly concerned with the ethanol and the risks involved with DHC

It's fine, glycerol is glycerin (breakdown product of fat), methylparaben is a preservative (nontoxic, found in blueberries etc), and the ethanol is not enough to effect the DHC