• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Digital Scales (Perth Western Australia)

OhShit

Bluelighter
Hey
Been searching for a set of digital scales for a while now but havn't been able to come across any. Been to dick smiths tandy electronic shops etc. Even went to a gun shop and looked at there powder scales (for weighing gun powders). Cant find anything around my area (kalamunda)

Does anyone know anywhere specificaly i can buy accurate digital scales from in perth? (closer the better). Never actualy checked joynt venture's cause there probly really over priced.

Last last resort would be ordering some online.

Thanks

[Please read the guidelines. Do not request sources or prices for anything on this board other than 5HTP and Testing kits.. Use PM, but don't post here]

Last edited by a moderator:

Okay, at various shops you are likely to pay more than you would online!! My old ones cost *** from *** at carousel.

Find good quality ones from Ebay and get them. Get .01g scales.

[No sources, no prices; p_d]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not worthy to measure things with 10 mg importance.

0.05 can be anything from 0.04 to 0.07. And even if we pretend that if the scales get the last digit right everytime it still would be anything between 0.05 to 0.06

If you want an accurate digital balance, go to a scientific supplier. A good brand balance is far more reliable than a cheap one. If you're intending to weigh substances active at <10mg then you need to think about something 3 place or better, with good accuracy and precision.

Buying a balance from a place such as this is like buying glucose from a supermarket. Sure it can be used for something naughty, but there are many comlpetely legit uses, for which people buy them everyday. Unless you look or act sus, no one is likely to question your motives. A sale is a sale afterall

We don't allow price and direct source availability discussion on anything other than 5HTP and testing kits. I could easily advertise these things myself at a cheaper rate than most of you could probably buy them for because I have accounts with companies that supply wholesale. I doubt very much I'm the only one on this board who could do this.

If it was allowed for scales, balances etc, then it could be argued that other quasi legal or legal products should also be included. Before long people would be advertising their own products and linking to things everywhere.

These rules were established long before I became a mod, and the subject has been raised many times in the past. Tobacco, alcohol, shot glasses, cigarette papers, some pipes, pipe cleaners, straws, and all manner of drug paraphernalia are also legal, but we don't want places selling those things being linked to, or threads focusing on where to buy at the best prices.

As said, a balance is a very commonly used piece of equipment. If you can locate somewhere to buy drugs without being led by the hand by posters on this forum, then surely you can locate a place to buy a a perfectly legal balance - no?

Last edited:
I agree with phase, buy a recognised scientific brand balance rather than a crappy eBay thing...

^^ parameters you're looking for are resolution, accuracy and precision. Although they are related they are not quite the same.

resolution: 1. The minimum difference between two discrete values that can be distinguished by a measuring device. (188) Note: High resolution does not necessarily imply high accuracy. 2. The degree of precision to which a quantity can be measured or determined.

accuracy: The degree of conformity of a measured or calculated value to its actual or specified value

precision: 1. The degree of mutual agreement among a series of individual measurements, values, or results; often, but not necessarily, expressed by the standard deviation. 2. With respect to a set of independent devices of the same design, the ability of these devices to produce the same value or result, given the same input conditions and operating in the same environment. 3. With respect to a single device, put into operation repeatedly without adjustments, the ability to produce the same value or result, given the same input conditions and operating in the same environment. Synonym [for defs. 1, 2, and 3 above] reproducibility.

from here

In analytical chemistry, if you don't know and understand these terms, you're basically doomed as error manifests over successive or additional measurements and has to be calculated for. This is expressed as either absolute or relative error and must be factored in to calculations.