• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc different types of phenibut

markosheehan

Bluelighter
I am confused over s/r phenibut. people on this have said that the bulk supplement phenibut people buy is the racemic phenibut and the russian phenibut is the r phenibut.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18275958

"Phenibut (3-phenyl-4-aminobutyric acid) is a GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)-mimetic psychotropic drug which is clinically used in its racemic form"

this seems to go against what people are saying online and it suggests noofen is racemic and the supplement phenibut people buy is r-phenibut as that study is done by the noofen producers in latvia.

I am personally looking for phenibut which binds less to gaba b and acts more through VDCC's so i am wondering which one should I buy

I am asking myself a similar question - may be this is the same question?
What is the difference between Phenibut B-Phenyl-G-Aminobutyric Acid and Phenibut ß-phenyl-y-Aminobutyric acid?

What is the difference between Phenibut B-Phenyl-G-Aminobutyric Acid and Phenibut ß-phenyl-y-Aminobutyric acid?
There is no difference. B and ß both stand for beta, and G and y both stand for gamma.
A simpler naming scheme would be 4-amino-3-phenylbutyric acid or 3-phenyl-4-aminobutyric acid.