• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Different kinds of heroin

Yea, same here with the vinegar thing. The more acidic it smelled the better it was, usually.
I used to open a cap/bag and take a quick wiff to decide if I should sink my paycheck into this one guy or to grab a few and look elsewhere.

I never new that the brownish powder was just cut tar. I prefered the white, but than again I prefered it because I could cook it up with minimal effort. But the tannish brown powder was always more potent than the white fluff, one stamp of the tan sniffed had me pretty good, while one cap of the white IV'd was a better rush, but wore off waaay to quick...

The scent can have some usefulness. Heroin (diacetylmorphine) is morphine treated with acetic anhydride, the anhydride of acetic acid (aka vinegar). Thus, any batch of heroin smelling strongly of acetic acid indicates that it is in fact heroin. As for determining potency, this is not accurate, in theory. However, I have also found that the more pungent the odor, the higher the potency. Idk if this is due to coincidence but I would love to test this theory. If only I could haul the GC-MS in my lab back to my house =D

^ This is a decent way of 'ballparking' the potency.. but it's in no way a sure fire test. That 'chemical' smell can be reproduced with other products, other than heroin.

Its funny that you would mention that because of my current connects, the one with the best shit has packs that have a pretty strong vinegar smell. Noticed it moreso from his stuff than any of my other connects. Comes in tin foil packs that reak of the odor when you open em. His stuff is considerably stronger than anyone elses ive come across since ive been back on the H, which has been a few months. I currently have 5 different sources and the other 4 just cant match the quality of those foil packs. its to the point where most other dope I gotta do twice as much to get the same high. Unsurprisingly my guy runs out a lot. He gets a drop off and its gone within a few hours usually and he doesnt get more than 2 a day. The product is good so demand for it is high it seems.

One thing ive learned is the color, or whether the dope comes in rocks or already crushed is no indication of how strong it is going to be. I have connects who sell rocks but the guy slangin the powder packs has better heroin. Ive noticed if someone really has good dope they are usually willing to throw you a free pack to test out. Typically if a dealer wont let you test it, its not that great.

I live in the Detroit area so powder dope is the norm here. Ive seen all kinds of shit in my 8 years on and off dope. White, grey, yellow, brown. I even got some weird black stuff once that was melting in my pocket. Not sure if it was tar, which would be surprising as its very uncommon, or just powder that was stepped on with some weird shit. It got me an ok high, not that greatest but was by no means bunk.