• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Different color (orange) 2mg dilaudid OK for injection?

VictorZ06

Bluelight Crew
When my chronic back pain acts up, I sometimes shoot 2mg dilaudid pills via IV and it's rather effective. Works much better than taking it orally as it works right right away. I've been a body builder for about 20 years, and sometimes I need to take them in order to complete my all my work out programs, especially when I'm working my legs and back.

So my question is this. I have always been getting my dilaudid in WHITE small pills with "2" stamped on them. I went to another pharmacy to pick up my script the other day, and I noticed that the pills were a light orange color. I have never had a problem injecting the white ones, but since the ones I have now are light orange, I need to know if it's still the same and safe to inject. Not sure if the orange ones have some kind of extra filler or something in them. I usually cook them in a spoon real quick, and draw through a Q tip (cotton).

Are the orange ones OK to inject? Thank you for the help.

/V

You can compare the inactive ingredients list from your prescription inserts and you'll be able to tell yourself. Do you still have these pamphlets?

Wait!!!!! don't apply heat to the pill! That's absolutely senseless, that's hollywood shit. hydromorphone is one of the most water soluble opioids I can think of, it saturates at like 333mg per mL. Any heat you're applying is A) useless and B) probably destroying what precious remaining active ingredient you have.

My suggestion for using Dilaudid 2mg: backload as many as you need to into a 5mL syringe, breaking the tablets in halves or quarters (I've never seen ORANGE hydromorphone before, I always have gotten the TINY white pills, which contain next to nothing as far as active ingredients, but any intravenous abuse of a pharmaceutical drug that's been tampered with to make the solution for injection should not even be considered to administer it without proper micron filtration, I'd recommend a 0.2um micron filter and a 0.45um micron filter (which you use as a pre-filter, since 0.2um's clog really easily, although if you're talking about doing a single or even a few pills at a time, in my experiences I've been blessed with either brand name Dilaudid or high quality generics with minimal additives, but I still always used a micron filter.

Out of ALL the pharmaceutical tablets one could prep and shoot, provided that you're using REALLY COLD water like you should be, there should be NO HEAT whatsoever. There's no need to apply heat man, why are you cooking it? There's no time release and it's freely soluble in water, all you're doing is dissolving the inactive ingredients into your solution and into your syringe temporarily in liquid form but shortly after injection they turn back into their natural solid form and precipitate out in the fine blood vessels in your lungs and extremities, which is NOT a good thing at all, applying heat to dilaudid is like taking half of the pill, throwing it out the window, and then unnecessarily burning up the active ingredient of which there are ONLY 2mg to start with....

When you apply heat it gives your eyes the visual illusion that it's all liquid/runny/shootable in that state, but it is NOT safe to inject it until you have properly micron filtered it. If you insist on using heat (which with 2mg dilaudids, no offense man, but that's pointless and counterproductive) be sure to allow the solution to cool down completely after applying heat PRIOR to micron filtering it all the inactive ingredients out that you melted into liquid form temporarily for no logical reason, and then once it's COOL, many inactives will precipitate out again as the temperature reaches homeostasis, which you do NOT want happening INSIDE of your body (solids that were melted into liquid form by unnecessary heat cool back down to body temp which causes the inactives to clog your fine blood vessels when it's 100% possible to achieve the same, no, guaranteed better satisfaction and relief if you've used COLD WATER throughout your ENTIRE prep process.

Pro Tip: With Hydromorphone IR, no heat necessary, just add COLD water, and if you care enough about your body to drop like twenty bucks on some micron filters, the shots are incredibly cleaner, definitely to the point of statistical significance. Micron'd COLD WATER PREPPED dilaudid has been the BEST way to do it, since some of the inactive ingredients may not be soluble in cold water just like the theory behind Cold Water Extractions with the Acetaminophen/Paracetamol that's found in many opioids such as codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, tramadol, etc

See if they dissolve in the same manner as your usual pills. That should give you an idea if they're reformulated or merely a different colour. Btw try a coffee filter in a funnel, cut a small circle out of the filter paper so you have 2 layers, fold into 8 pieces, unfold & use this to put your dissolved pills into - its more effective than cotton at filtering out fine particulate. You should really be using micron filters, but this would be next best.

Edit: don't use heat! The poster above me is right, it'll just cause your filtering to be even less effective.

OK....no more heat. I read somewhere on another board to apply VERY little heat to the spoon just to help break up the tiny pieces that didn't fully crush with the pliers. Yes, they do melt very easy in water. I'm unfamiliar with micron filters....I see them for sale where I get my slin pins from.

So the cotton Q tip I have been using is not a good idea? I've been doing this for a very long time and never had any kind of problems. Immediate pain relief, and a white sticky paste is left in the spoon after I draw through the Q tip.

Can you please explain to me this coffee filter technique to me again? I will order some micron filters (what size for 4mg pills?). I usually use 4mg pills, but this time around I got 2mg pills. I usually shoot 6-8mg at a time. I'm about ready to take my shot before I hit the gym, so if someone could please reply to my question about the coffee filter with some detailed instructions, I would greatly appreciate it. No heat. Gotcha. Thank you gents.

Oh, and these are the exact same pills that I have. Hope I can use them the same way as I use my 4mgs. with a simple Q tip/cotton.

RHO04520.JPG

/V

If you're regularly injecting pills without a micron filter, you're doing serious damage to your veins and health. If you're going to be doing this a lot, you should seriously consider investing in them. Your precious veins will thank you.

Although, if you're a body builder you probably have God-like veins, hah. I've seen pictures of dudes who do that with these massive tree trunk veins all over the place. But even still, if you want them to last, don't inject pills with just straight up cotton if you're doing it all the time.

If you're regularly injecting pills without a micron filter, you're doing serious damage to your veins and health. If you're going to be doing this a lot, you should seriously consider investing in them. Your precious veins will thank you.

Although, if you're a body builder you probably have God-like veins, hah. I've seen pictures of dudes who do that with these massive tree trunk veins all over the place. But even still, if you want them to last, don't inject pills with just straight up cotton if you're doing it all the time.

Thanks. I don't do it often...just when my scoliosis and spina bifida acts up real bad. Most other opiates make me sick and itchy. Can you tell me what size filters to buy, and how to use the coffee filters until the proper filters arrive in the mail? Yeah...I have veins as thick as my fingers. lol

/V

Thanks. I don't do it often...just when my scoliosis and spina bifida acts up real bad. Most other opiates make me sick and itchy. Can you tell me what size filters to buy, and how to use the coffee filters until the proper filters arrive in the mail? Yeah...I have veins as thick as my fingers. lol

/V

Dude, being a dope fiend I have kind of a vein fetish.. haha especially since most of mine are collapsed to shit. Post a picture of those tree trunks man! I seriously want to see even though it'll make me jealous. Hah.

You want the .2um sized filters. Whatman is a great brand. Here is a link to our Micron Filtering Megathread for more info.

You need a funnel and a small glass jar ideally, though you can use a glass if need be. Just make sure the tip of the filter is a few cm above the bottom of your jar/glass. Cut a circle that's about 1.5 inches diameter out of a standard #4 drip coffee filter. It will yield a circle two layers thick since coffee filters are folded. Fold the circle in half. Then fold it in half again, then once more. Unfold it and you'll have a ridged cone shape. Put this in your funnel, which should be stable inside a jar, and add just enough water to fully dampen the filter paper.

Then crush your pill(s) and dissolve them in as little water as possible. Mix well, then using a syringe without a needle, suck up the mixture & squirt it carefully into the filter paper, avoiding the upper parts of the filter paper. Rinse out whatever container you used to mix your pills & water in, three times, with as little water as possible. If some crushed pill bits remain after these rinses that's okay - you've still extracted 99% of the hydromorphone. Squirt each rinse into the filter paper after the liquid already there has finished filtering though.

Draw up the filtered solution in the jar, which should be clear or very close to it (if it's tinted orange that's okay, so long as it's translucent) with a new syringe + needle, and inject.

If that doesn't make sense I can take pictures; I have scoliosis and am also prescribed hydromorphone for my back pain. I use this technique to create a solution for nasal use, which is much stronger & faster than waiting for my tablets to kick in. Also much safer than IV & you can use a nasal spray bottle in public. I recommend it. :)

You need a funnel and a small glass jar ideally, though you can use a glass if need be. Just make sure the tip of the filter is a few cm above the bottom of your jar/glass. Cut a circle that's about 1.5 inches diameter out of a standard #4 drip coffee filter. It will yield a circle two layers thick since coffee filters are folded. Fold the circle in half. Then fold it in half again, then once more. Unfold it and you'll have a ridged cone shape. Put this in your funnel, which should be stable inside a jar, and add just enough water to fully dampen the filter paper.

Then crush your pill(s) and dissolve them in as little water as possible. Mix well, then using a syringe without a needle, suck up the mixture & squirt it carefully into the filter paper, avoiding the upper parts of the filter paper. Rinse out whatever container you used to mix your pills & water in, three times, with as little water as possible. If some crushed pill bits remain after these rinses that's okay - you've still extracted 99% of the hydromorphone. Squirt each rinse into the filter paper after the liquid already there has finished filtering though.

Draw up the filtered solution in the jar, which should be clear or very close to it (if it's tinted orange that's okay, so long as it's translucent) with a new syringe + needle, and inject.

If that doesn't make sense I can take pictures; I have scoliosis and am also prescribed hydromorphone for my back pain. I use this technique to create a solution for nasal use, which is much stronger & faster than waiting for my tablets to kick in. Also much safer than IV & you can use a nasal spray bottle in public. I recommend it. :)

Wow....that sure is a process! I'm going to order those filters today...I do hope they are easier to use than your method with the coffee filter. I understood most of what you are saying. Not sure what the filter paper should look like before putting the solution in.

I'm having a bit of trouble following you here...

"Then crush your pill(s) and dissolve them in as little water as possible. Mix well, then using a syringe without a needle, suck up the mixture & squirt it carefully into the filter paper, avoiding the upper parts of the filter paper. Rinse out whatever container you used to mix your pills & water in, three times, with as little water as possible. If some crushed pill bits remain after these rinses that's okay - you've still extracted 99% of the hydromorphone. Squirt each rinse into the filter paper after the liquid already there has finished filtering though."

I use a folded piece of paper, place the tablets inside, fold paper, crush with pliers, empty solution into spoon, mix with bac water, heat slightly, suck up the solution through a Q tip with a slin pin, inject. I now know not to heat the solution up thanks to everyone's help here.

I don't use a container like you said to mix the pills...just the spoon. I'd hate to put you out of your way for pictures, but if you have some handy...I would love to see how it's properly done. Granted I will need another lesson once the micron filters arrive. Thanks so much for the help, I really do appreciate it.

/V

Dude, being a dope fiend I have kind of a vein fetish.. haha especially since most of mine are collapsed to shit. Post a picture of those tree trunks man! I seriously want to see even though it'll make me jealous. Hah.

You want the .2um sized filters. Whatman is a great brand. Here is a link to our Micron Filtering Megathread for more info.

OK....I normally don't post pictures, but I think I posted this one in the Steroid Discussion forum back when I used to moderate that part of the board. Thanks again for the help fellas.

2z6xgsx.jpg

/V

OK, I tried using the coffee filter method...the final solution was a faint transparent yellow, used 8mg. I filtered the solution thru the coffee filter twice...just to make sure (perhaps this was a mistake). I pinned and it worked...but for some reason, I don't think I got the full effect. The method I was using before I believe was more effective (but obviously not as safe as I now know). I was just doing some more research and found that dilaudid comes in a liquid form in amps of 1,2, & 4mg. My doc has given me several different types of opiates, and most of them get me sick and itch like a mofo. Dilaudid for some reason does not give me those nasty side effects. I just don't think my doctor will prescribe be the injectable form. He told me dilaudid is one of the faster acting pain meds. Does the liquid form give the same effect? Is a 4mg amp the same as a 4mg tab? And from what I read, it can be taken via IM or sub-Q. But I don't believe that it will work as quick as IV....it can't.

The nasal spray form sounds interesting, does it work as fast...or close to IV? Most things I used to put up my nose back in the day would work ASAP like a bump of coke. I'm really curious about the dilaudid amps. But again, not sure if my pain management doc will give that to me. I never asked, but I will during my next visit. If not, I'll try and ask some of my friends who are MDs if they will write me a script. If not....I'll try to see if I can find them on line.

In any case, I learned a few things with this thread and I want to thank everyone who helped me out. Much obliged gents!

/V

OK, I tried using the coffee filter method...the final solution was a faint transparent yellow, used 8mg. I filtered the solution thru the coffee filter twice...just to make sure (perhaps this was a mistake). I pinned and it worked...but for some reason, I don't think I got the full effect. The method I was using before I believe was more effective (but obviously not as safe as I now know). I was just doing some more research and found that dilaudid comes in a liquid form in amps of 1,2, & 4mg. My doc has given me several different types of opiates, and most of them get me sick and itch like a mofo. Dilaudid for some reason does not give me those nasty side effects. I just don't think my doctor will prescribe be the injectable form. He told me dilaudid is one of the faster acting pain meds. Does the liquid form give the same effect? Is a 4mg amp the same as a 4mg tab? And from what I read, it can be taken via IM or sub-Q. But I don't believe that it will work as quick as IV....it can't.

The nasal spray form sounds interesting, does it work as fast...or close to IV? Most things I used to put up my nose back in the day would work ASAP like a bump of coke. I'm really curious about the dilaudid amps. But again, not sure if my pain management doc will give that to me. I never asked, but I will during my next visit. If not, I'll try and ask some of my friends who are MDs if they will write me a script. If not....I'll try to see if I can find them on line.

In any case, I learned a few things with this thread and I want to thank everyone who helped me out. Much obliged gents!

/V

I'll get some pics up tomorrow so it's a more useful guide for anyone who might be interested. It sounds like you did it properly, but filtering twice (i.e. putting the already filtered solution through the filter again) defeats much of the rinsing efforts. That's almost definitely why you didn't get the full effect you usually would. There's hydromorphone in the filter paper still; when you filtered a second time you diluted your solution and the filter paper absorbed more hydromorphone.

Even with a perfect filtering technique, after you use the filter several times, hydromorphone starts to concentrate and crystallise on the upper edge of the filter paper. Once my filter starts clogging, I cut off the top/wider part of the filter and soak it in water to extract the deposit. Then I start with a new filter. I swallow the bottom part of the previous filter with the junk still in it, just to make sure I don't waste anything.

I would also like to get hydromorphone ampoules. Like you, I find hydromorphone is the only opiate (other than heroin) that is effective for my pain without intolerable sedation, irritability, nausea, and itching. I haven't IVed hydromorphone, but I have IVed & snorted heroin, and nasally the effects kick in after about 5 minutes, but not instantly like IV. My biggest issue is that I need so much water to extract the hydromorphone from my pills that I end up with quite a dilute solution. I'm going to do a big batch extraction and evaporate most of the water, so that I don't have to repeatedly use my nasal spray bottle over 15 minutes to get decent effects.

Don't you find the IV effects too short lived to cover your pain? Orally hydromorphone only lasts 3 hours for me, nasally it's just a bit less, but IV can halve the duration, I've heard.

OK....I normally don't post pictures, but I think I posted this one in the Steroid Discussion forum back when I used to moderate that part of the board. Thanks again for the help fellas.

2z6xgsx.jpg

/V

Holy Shit!

God, if I had your veins, I'd probably be dead because I'd be fixing all day long 24/7. Hah.

Damn man.

Don't you find the IV effects too short lived to cover your pain? Orally hydromorphone only lasts 3 hours for me, nasally it's just a bit less, but IV can halve the duration, I've heard.

For the most part, I really only need it for when I'm doing my heavy work outs that involve using my back and legs. When I shoot it, it works right away and the pain dissipates allowing me to finish my work outs. It wears off about 1.5-2 hrs. after I shoot. By then, I'm done with my training and I kick back and light up some green. If needed, I'll take another shot of 4-6mg. I train my legs and back 2X a week, so that's the only time I really shoot them. The only other times I use it is when my scoliosis and spina bifida acts up. I can't deal with any kind of extended release 12hr bullshit...I get sick like a dog and it's not at all fun.

I'll filter only once next time I use. Hopefully I'll have my micron filters by then though. Again, thank you.

/V

Holy Shit!

God, if I had your veins, I'd probably be dead because I'd be fixing all day long 24/7. Hah.

Damn man.

That is almost word for word what went through my head when I saw the picture. Seriously, godDAMN.

As far as asking your doctor for the iv form of hydromorphone, I don't know what kind of doctor he is but that could easily end up fucking you over really badly. Will he not stop scripting you if he finds out you've been iving your meds?

Last edited: