• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Diethyl Ether - Oral consumption (Hoffman's Drops)

witorwill94

Greenlighter
"There's nothing more depraved in this world than a man in the depths of an ether binge." - you know who

So, the old, almost mythical-yet-somehow-unregulated substance that is diethyl ether. I just purchased 1000ml of scientific and pure ether to try my hand at the experience. I've been researching the chemical online, and to my dismay, it seems that nearly everybody who has reported experiences with ether have used the disgusting inhalant method, which is someday I just can't bring myself to do. Besides that, it's a total fucking waste; it seems that it would take hundreds upon hundreds of ml's of ether to get the same feeling that only a few ml's of orally consumed (and of course diluted, either w/ water or alcohol) ether would provide, albeit perhaps I imagine they could be distinctly different sensations. My question is, does anybody on here have any experience with the oral consumption of ether? And if so, how would you describe it, either positively or negatively or both? My apologies in advance to anybody with substantial ether experience for totally hypothesizing upon very colloquial sources.

Diethyl Ether can cause your stomach wall to rupture if consumed. I don't know how common or uncommon this phenomenon is, but I've read it in multiple articles. Besides, inhalation will allow you to adjust your dose more accurately.

Will test and report back results. Also, diethyl ether supposedly when combined with water, or less commonly, alcohol at a 25-75% ratio is not too taxing or bad for the stomach. Granted, its still a very conceivable possibility for causing nausea. We will just have to see what happens ;)

Diethyl Ether can cause your stomach wall to rupture if consumed. I don't know how common or uncommon this phenomenon is, but I've read it in multiple articles. Besides, inhalation will allow you to adjust your dose more accurately.

I've never heard of that happening. During the 1800s it was very common for people to drink ether because it was cheaper than alcohol. People also did that during Prohibition.

oral consumption of ether still makes you smell like the exxon valdez for about 36 hours afterwards. also, it tastes like awful.

the effects aren't much different than inhaled ether.

I'm aware of how common it was to consume ether orally back in the day. It was obviously a very popular drug of abuse back in its heyday, so I imagine this catastrophic effect isn't all that common. It just made an impression on me when I read it.

It will be interesting to see how the supposed NMDA antagonism ether possesses will manifest in the euphoria and sensations accompanied by the drug. I should be able to provide a summary within several days, depending on the speed of shipping. I can deal with chemical odors as well (I love the smell of xylene, for whatever reason).

from experience, ether is quite overrated. don't get your hopes up for the next ketamine replacer. xylene and toluene are way more tolerable smells/tastes than ether and that says something.

the initial effects of ether are quite pleasing and could leave you mistakenly believing that this is a decent drug worth doing. it's euphoric and analgesic and slightly dissociative quite like being very drunk, except the onset is much faster via inhalation. because of the nasty taste & tendency for it to boil in the stomach, inhaling the the vapor is a little nicer. it's easier to titrate to the desired effect by inhaling IMO.

where it shows its nasty side is in the maybe 6 hour period which begins after the excitatory effects wear off. there is no hangover, just the "fun" goes away quite rapidly. but the ether doesn't. you will be constantly tasting ether in your mouth, smelling it on your sweat, even your piss will smell like ether. you'll be nauseous and unsteady at best and bedridden at worst. the best advice for an ether "trip" is ingest and enjoy it, then have a really hot shower and then go sleep. because you're not gonna be doing this at a party... nobody wants to hang out with 'that guy who smells like markers and is always retching'.

I have had experience with Hoffman drops as a child for a fever. It wa only a few drops on a sugar cube. I remember feeling quite euphoric. So I used to sneak some very often because it felt good