• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Did the kratom I took absorb?

deadendgame

Bluelighter
It was my first time using kratom today. I took 20g of maeng da, but I vomited it back out after a half hour. I don't care about the vomiting but I also vomited the kratom. Did at least some of the kratom absorb into my system? Thanks!

If you have no or just a small tolerance 20g Maeng Da is a very high dose so that explains you puking it out. We cannot say if and how much stayed in your system.
Try smaller doses like 5g and you should be able to keep it down.

Agreed with Zerwas - I'm a long term opiod user, currently take kratom 4 times a day, and have a pretty high tolerance to it, and even I don't take near that dose. Provided it's quality powder, 20 grams of maeng da at once is a HUGE dose.

You would also know if you absorbed it. it would be very obvious from 20g of maeng da.

But no, most kratom alkaloids get broken down in the intestines, so if it only made it to your stomach before you puked it up, you most likely did not absorb much. Although...i usually realize kratoms first effects within 30 minutes, so if it truly was 30 minutes before you puked it up, you may have for all i know

I'd agree with what the above posters said; 20 grams of maeng da is way too much for a first-time. (I don't know how many experienced users would do 20 grams at once, either.) I think my first several times, I had maybe three grams, and it was enough for me.

I'd think you might've gotten some of the threshold effects of it, the kind of things that set in around 30 minutes after ingestion. Those are part of the effects of kratom, certainly, but they're just the tip of the iceberg.

I'd agree with what the above posters said; 20 grams of maeng da is way too much for a first-time. (I don't know how many experienced users would do 20 grams at once, either.) I think my first several times, I had maybe three grams, and it was enough for me.

I'd think you might've gotten some of the threshold effects of it, the kind of things that set in around 30 minutes after ingestion. Those are part of the effects of kratom, certainly, but they're just the tip of the iceberg.
I can and have :) before my last tolerance break I did about that and barely felt it. :(

I can and have :) before my last tolerance break I did about that and barely felt it. :(

Oh gosh. Even back when my tolerance and usage was at its peak, I would only take ~10 grams at a time (of course, I'd take that several times a day, but spread out). I can't even imagine taking 20 at a time.

I usually dose just once a day. If I'm wanting to actually feel the kratom I'll take 7 grams with Cimetidine and the same dose again 45-60 minutes later. Today I did 10 grams before work and another 7 grams 12 hours later.

I really wish I had better self control. After my last almost month long break I came back and did some oxy/hydrocodone with the plan on keeping it just to weekends but within 3 days I was back binging on kratom and PST more days than not.

Some people do just have higher natural tolerances. My gf takes about 20 and it has to be green or white vein because the red stuff (which I like a lot) just doesn't work much for her. She doesn't do it every day (3-4 times a week) and shows zero signs of psychological addiction. I usually take 14 g, same schedule, but I do crave it. No tolerance increase noted, but definitely time for another break. And yes, I'm getting the good stuff.

I find that throwing up generally means you're not gonna get high, unless you throw up like two hours after taking it. You probably just took too much.