• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Did Permanent Brain Damage this Time

elstongunn39

Bluelighter
I think I did some serious brain damage from taking a big dose of ghb only 17 hours after my last dose of gabapentin (not enought to clear it). I'm pretty depressed about this and don't know what to do to remedy this. I feel like I've had a lobotomy. It's two days later and I thought I'd feel better and that it was only a hangover But I don't feel better . I've done a lot of digging and haven't found anything solid on how to recover from anoxic brain injury.
should i go to a doctor? Should I tell the truth? should/could I go to the ER for this? should i ask to be referred specifically to a neurologist?

How much Ghb did you take and did you stop breathing for a long time or why do you think that you have brain damage?

I took 5g of ghb total (over the course of 4 hrs) i'm only piecing this together from how much was missing from my stash as i forgot how many times i redosed... It seems like it's hard to OD from just GHB but i'm guessing the gabapentin affected it. I fell asleep, woke up feeling really out of it 6 hrs later, I think my breathing was slow when I went to sleep... i have such intense brain fog like two days later, still i don't know what could cause this besides brain damage

While 5g is a pretty high dose I don't think that it's enough to stop breathing so much that you got brain damage.
Maybe it's just increased anxiety and you're worrying too much?
But if it doesn't subside in the next few days you should go to a doctor.

yeah it didn't seem like a dangerously high dose, esp. spread out like that, from what i read...
but what concerns me is that i took it that close to the gabapentin... kind of impulsive

i will definitely go to the dr... just hope they don't label me a junkie and never give me meds even when i need them.
also wondering if this could be just the gabapentin in general/worsened symptoms from chronic lyme/post lyme syndrome

Did you take any gabapentin after the incident with the Ghb? If not it could be withdrawal

I didn't take gabapentin the night of, for obvious reasons, but I took my usual dose last night and also just now

How are you feeling now man? Did you really cause any brain damage?