• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos DId lorazepam 1.5 mg last night, got pretty high, feeling depressed now with cravings

Smoke 420 Weed

Ex-Bluelighter
3/4ths of the way through writing this I realized how unorganized it is so I split it up into a few different sections and moved some things around. I'm not feeling good but I'm feeling better now (3:53 pm) than i was when I began writing this thread (2:00ish? Not sure when really).

MAIN THREAD

Last night at 10 pm I took .5 mg of lorazepam, then another .5 between 11:30pm and 12:15am, then another .5 before 3 but after 1:30. I was pretty high on cannabis (like some really really indacay indica) already, and it lasted the first few hours of the high. I was also on adderall (I don't get euphoria from adderall if that matters here), but 2/5ths of it was IR and I think I took it around 9:30am or 10am but definitely before 11:30am.The next morning, my dad tried waking me up at 9:30, then 9:45, then 10:00, then my homeschool teacher who I needed to be awake at 10 for tried waking me up from 10:10-10;30 probably, then my dad again from 10:30-10:45. I was kinda awake for a few minutes here and there during all that, but I didn't have the energy or motivation to get out of bed. I finally woke up for the day at 11:30 am, but layed in bed till 12:15-12:30pm. Waking up is a huge problem for me, but it's only that bad once every 3 or 4 weeks. I felt like utter shit the whole time. My friend got really really upset yesterday and I'm really worried about her, so that might be why, but it might also be the lorazepam hangover. I felt better after taking the adderall (12:00-12:15 PM) and could tell it was weakening the effects that were definitely from the hangover, but barely any of the emotional effects that could be from things other than drugs. I still feel awful (1:39 PM now). That probably means me being upset cuz of my friend is a big factor in this, since amphetamines counter benzodiazepines. I also got cravings in the morning for more lorazepam, but they weren't any worse than nicotine cravings after a month or so of daily smoking. Now I sorta have a weak subconscious craving, but it's not any more powerful than the urge to scratch an itch. Is lorazepam sorta like meth in the sense that it leaves people craving for more after the high wears off? Is this just placebo maybe? I know lorazepam can be very hard to get addicted to for some people, but I also know for other people it can be more addictive than heroin, even methadone. There isn't any way I've developed an addiction the first night ever I used it, is there? Sorry this thread is all disorganized and probably hard to read, I'm all slow and sluggish and have a lot of things on my mind and I take 50 mg of adderall daily so it's like I can't think but I still have to write a ton. My overall questions are: do I feel like shit because of the lorazepam and if so how big of a factor is it?, will this happen to me every day I take it or is this just because It's my first time ever doing it or any benzos except that one time with xanax a year and a half ago?, why did I/still am a little bit getting cravings? (sorry about that grammar, I tried rewording it 5 times), and could any of this be due to drug interactions? I am taking multiple drugs with interactions, but I'm not all that concerned about them except 5-HTP and trazodone, but that's completely off topic because I never take trazodone along with lorazepam so don't worry about that one.

EXTRA
INFORMATION
Just BTW, I use both lorazepam and adderall medically, and cannabis primarily for medicinal purposes but also a little bit for recreational purposes. I would still smoke (not as often though) if I didn't get medicinal benefit from it and all it did was get me high, and would also still smoke (just as often) if I didn't get high off of it and only got medicinal benefit. I'm saying this because it's true and might be helpful background information here, not as a dumb ineffective SWIM type of thing. Cannabis is illegal in my state and I do admit to using it, underage drinking, and taking xanax once a year and a half ago, so I'm not just worried about getting caught with drugs because I'm on bluelight.
I also have a bad sense of time so these times might not be accurate. (coming back to add this sentence in later on, couldn't find where to put it in the main thread) The cravings might be nicotine cravings. They don't feel like it, but I smoke more than I would get cravings and don't have a long history of smoiking ciggarettes so it's rare that I get nic cravings. I might just not know well enough what nic cravings feel like, and I don't know at all what lorazepam cravings feel like. I don't remember if I mentioned this anywhere else or not, but I'm concerned about the trazodone interacting with the 5-HTP, for more reasons than the fact that they can potentially cause serotonin syndrome, which is why I'm not just taking trazodone instead of lorazepam. If you care about the whole explanation click this ----> http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/786397-Taking-5-HTP-and-trazodone-woke-up-feeling-euphoria-serotonin-syndrome

This is pretty important to me so tons of thanks to anyone who read through it all, and even more thanks to anyone who replies.

LIST OF DRUGS I TAKE (for interactions)
I just got a bunch of drugs cut off and a few added and started to edit them in but was like fuck it, this isn't important enough to spend my time on (3/17)

(all of these drugs are taken orally in pills, except vitamin D which is 3 drops of a concentrated liquid, and cannabis and nicotine which are smoked)
Morning only drugs, taken daily shortly after waking up, which is usually 11am but anywhere from 8am-2pm:
L-tyrosine, 100 mg

Evening only drugs, taken daily 7:30pm-8:30pm:
standard multivitamin
a vegan alternative to omega-3 fish oil with either one or both of the active ingredients, not sure the name or if it has both.**
vitamin D*

Other drugs:
Lorazepam, 0.5-2 mg one hour before going to bed, taken as needed (probably 4-6 nights a week). Just started it last night. 5-HTP, 100 mg, morning and night
Lamotrigine, 150 mg, morning and night
Allegra*, taken 2-4 times a week as needed.
Nicotine, one cigarette every day normally, but 2 every other week or so, and 5-12 one day of most weeks. No specific time.
Melatonin, 5 mg taken as needed, about once a week but I was prescribed lorazepam for sleep so the frequency in which I use melatonin should decrease.

*Checking the dose, will come back and edit it in
**Checking the dose, name, and active ingredients. I'll come back and edit that in too.

Last edited:
wow and I thought I was in a big hole? You're in a big hole with all those different drugs and moderate to high doses and you're not even 20 yet!

Feeling depress and wanting more is a very common side effect of benzodiazepines, especially when you are taking it recreationally. The benzo combined with all the other things you take would give you this experience most every time. Benzos are addictive and can be dangerous so be careful.