• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Did I take too much oxycodone

Tak97

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so I'm prescribed 30 mg oxycodone instant release and I'm worried that I mistakenly took too much today. I have a low tolerance and I just got bumped up to the 30 mg and they get me quite messed up. I have only been taking one a day for about the past 3 days. Anyway, I accidentally forgot i took one and less than 10 minutes Later I swallowed another 30 mg pill. This all occurred about 15 minutes ago and I'm pretty worried. Any advice?

I basically have no tolerance and took a total of 60 mg orally

you are going to get quite messed up but it is likely not going to kill you. If you have anybody home with you, have them kind of watch out for you AKA make sure you're still breathing. Do you have anyone around? If not, you need to monitor yourself if you get to the point where you are nodding so hard that you find yourself unable to breathe call 911.

However, I think you will be okay, but this is definitely a reason to be a bit cautious.

And please don't expect anybody on this board to believe for one second you forgot you took one and popped another. I hope this serves as a lesson in the future, and remember we will do our best to give you advice but without being able to see you physically we can not help in medical emergencies. It is obvious you are new to this, so you will learn with time. Just remember you can always take more but you can never take less.

you are going to get quite messed up but it is likely not going to kill you. If you have anybody home with you, have them kind of watch out for you AKA make sure your still breathing. Do you have anyone around? If not, you need to monitor yourself if you get to the point where you are nodding so hard that you find yourself unable to breathe call 911.

However, I think you will be okay, but this is definitely a reason to a bit cautious.

And please don't expect anybody on this board to believe for one second you forgot you took one and popped another. I hope this serves as a lesson in the future, and remember we will do our best to give you advice but without being able to see you physically we can not help in medical emergencies. It is obvious you are new to this, so you will learn with time. Just remember you can always take more but you can never take less.

I actually did forget I took one..haha. I had a bad concussion recently and short term memory loss is one of my most troublesome symptoms. But thank you for the advice, I am trying to keep myself busy and not lay down until it wears off, I'm here with my wife and she is aware of the situation. Thanks again

I actually did forget I took one..haha. I had a bad concussion recently and short term memory loss is one of my most troublesome symptoms. But thank you for the advice, I am trying to keep myself busy and not lay down until it wears off, I'm here with my wife and she is aware of the situation. Thanks again

Okay you get a pass on this one lol. But you may want to put your wife in charge of the meds. And you can sit down and watch TV as it is better than you standing up falling and injuring yourself further, just tell you wife to watch your breathing, if it gets very shallow or she can not wake you up have her make the call. But I don't think it will come to that.

Okay you get a pass on this one lol. But you may want to put your wife in charge of the meds. And you can sit down and watch TV as it is better than you standing up falling and injuring yourself further, just tell you wife to watch your breathing, if it gets very shallow or she can not wake you up have her make the call. But I don't think it will come to that.

Much appreciated, I do feel quite under the influence but so far I haven't had anything that's caused me to worry too much. She will be in charge of the medicine from now on lol. Thanks for your help

Be careful of taking opiates after a head injury. It's contraindicated due to increase in inner cranial pressure.

If you are really worried that something may happen or you are at risk for an OD since you have zero tolerance to opiates go seek medical help.

If you are really worried that something may happen or you are at risk for an OD since you have zero tolerance to opiates go seek medical help.

I just wanted to get a general idea from the members of this Forum as to what would be a lethal dose of oxycodone before I panicked and got immediate medical attention

my 0.02 the worst is that youll get really nauseous and throw up and have a horrible evening, or youll be really really fucked up and have a good time, or fall asleep, just my 0.02.

edit: def have ur wife in charge of ur medicine if this was a legit i forgot i took one lol cause it could happen again.

my 0.02 the worst is that youll get really nauseous and throw up and have a horrible evening, or youll be really really fucked up and have a good time, or fall asleep, just my 0.02.

edit: def have ur wife in charge of ur medicine if this was a legit i forgot i took one lol cause it could happen again.

At this point in time it seems to be the latter haha. I was slightly nauseous but it has for the most part subsided and now I'm just chillin watching some tv, I feel pretty blissful honestly. Thanks!

stay seated or laying down so you dont fall haha, also seated or laying down will help with nausea and drink plenty of water, glad your not throwing up haha.

stay seated or laying down so you dont fall haha, also seated or laying down will help with nausea and drink plenty of water, glad your not throwing up haha.

Will do! Thanks for the advice lol. I must say I'm impressed with how helpful this community is. Much appreciated to everyone who has replied

for my benzos (they really cause me forgetfullness) i have this strip that has slots for sunday through saturday on it. you put your dosage for each day in a slot, and then just take that days medication. If you go back and its already gone, chances are you have taken it. I have had a few times in which I have taken my medication, forgotten that I had because I was still experiencing paranoia and anxiety and gone back and taken another one...after that things get fuzzy and I end up taking a lot more than expectecd....Since I have gotten that daily medication dosage holder I have not messed up. Also they have ones that have AM and PM slots on them for each day.

I have done the same thing a time or two myself.I take a lot of pills,blood pressure,heart,pain,sleeping ,just a big mess of them.I started carrying my meds in a daily planner,that way if I am unsure about what I have taken,I can just look in there and see for sure what I have taken that day.Might be a good idea for you also!

You should be fine but im no doctor i always get bad nausa with no todlerqnce

Probably the best high or most high you've ever been. I still remember my first 20-30mgs (Bliss, almost too much) had me nodding in front of BL....fast forward 18 months and 220mgs can be just felt, a subtle tickle if anything, that amount was unthinkable 18 months prior. Glad ur ok mate.