• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Did I take too much oxy? or is it a panic attack...

Wonka

Bluelighter
I took 60 mg of oxycodone and im wondering if its too much becuase i took 50mg of hydrocodone about 7,8 hours ago and i dont want to mix the 2 worried about CNS depression. I have a tolerance to opiates in fact i took 50mg of oxy 3 days ago but the tolerance comes from bupe which i havent touched in 4 days. Im basicly wondering did i take the oxy to soon with my last dose of hydro or am i just peaking and having a classic panic attack? Just spooked sorry if i sound like a fool just trying to be safe8(. Thanks

Nice twist of humor there thanks for the reply everytime i smoke and use pills i freak out

I'm not sure rather you OD'd or not, but I would have to believe being able to use the internet, form sentences, and all that jazz, probably isn't a telltale sign of a fatal OD.

Who knows, they say they found Elvis next to his IPad.

Im doing fine just get paniced since the nearest hospital is 2 hours away. Nontheless keep doing what ya do and be safe.

I doubt you'd run into serious trouble with doses like that, with a tolerance - especially a tolerance to a far more potent opiod like bupe.. How much bupe were you taking? For how long? If you were on a program, even 1mg a day, for an extended period, would give a serious tolerance to opiods, even after 4 days.

Regardless of all that, if someone did *not* have the tolerance for the dose(s) you took, the type of OD they had (assuming nothing else was involved - benzos, alcohol, etc) would be more along the lines of "hours/days puking", not dead.

By the way, speaking from experience (maybe it's different for others) opioid OD is nothing like a panic attack.. If you're conscious, basically it's just this overwhelming faintness / need to close your eyes.. It can occasionally be distressing, but more often you don't even really care, you literally know that you may be about to die, but still think maybe it's worth it, if it means you can just shut your eyes for a bit.. Basically, it's not at all panicky.

EDIT: That said - it's not pleasant either. Like, if you manage to come to and realise you're OD'n.. It's not a pleasant feeling, partly because you know you're on the brink and partly because you feel really faint, it's hard to think, move, talk, etc. But, it's rarely a panicky feeling; your heart rate is right down for starters.

I've had this especially with benzo/opioid combinations. Is it respiratory depression or is it hyperventilation from anxiety?

I'd say as long as it's not all encompassing, extreme sedation, unable to snap out of the nod, slurred speech, loss of motor control etc. This seems especially common with oral opiates as it's harder to gauge as you come up whilst IV you know within a minute.

Im glad to see im not the only one....im doing good just prone to panic attacks and to me 60mg is a big dose of oxy....best way to sum it up is a feeling of unpending doom about to happen so i walk briskly to think. Thanks for the answers and always be safe yall