• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Did I overdose?

Babycokebaby

Greenlighter
This seems like a weird question, but a year or two ago I think I overdosed on cocaine. The friend I was using with insists that I didn’t and that it was just a “bad comedown” but I’ve had my fair share of bad comedowns and it was nothing like this. This friend also tends to downplay terrible things just in general.

All of us snorted about a gram, the thing is I had started taking fluoxetine for depression which apparently enhances the effectiveness of drugs and alcohol and I hadn’t been using cocaine much at this point.

Anyway, i noticed something wrong when it came to be about 7 am and i desperately wanted to sleep but couldn’t. I was insanely warm (I wanna say feverish but I didn’t take my temp or anything), my head was killing me, my heart was beating so fast and weird I legit thought I was dying and I couldn’t focus on anything. I was really uncomfortable at my friend’s house because I was freezing and burning hot at the same time so I decided to drive home (I know it was incredibly dangerous and idiotic but at the time I’d thought I was fine, just having a hard come down.)

On my way home I saw what I can only describe as a funeral procession. Everyone was wearing these intricate black or white Eastern European looking robes and they were carrying a black coffin above their heads. It wasn’t until a year later that I thought it was really out of the ordinary in my California city town...and down what is usually a busy street with no cemeteries nearby. Probably a hallucination? I remember slowing down to look cause I was baffled and cars were honking at me and going around. I tried to find any evidence of this happening, since it seemed like at least one news outlet would cover it or SOMETHING, but I couldn’t find anything at all about it.

When I got home I still couldn’t sleep and I still felt the same. I have a really high pain tolerance but I remember rolling around on my bed and crying because I was so uncomfortable and felt like I was dying. My whole body ached like I had insanely intense growing pains and I threw up a shitload.

Eventually I was able to sort of sleep and I was basically just in and out of consciousness for two days with flu-like symptoms.

I’ve done a lot of coke since then and don’t take my medication on those days and have never felt those symptoms again, at least not anywhere near to that degreee.

What do you guys think? My symptoms seem to match an overdose from what I’ve read, but my friend keeps insisting I didn’t overdose and since my friend had more drug experience than me I just don’t know what to think.

Fluxotine is an SSRI and combining with Cocaine can be very dangerous.

I can't say for sure if it was an overdose, but it was pretty reckless and your body was telling you that you did a bad thing would rather you didn't do it again!

I did a google and it says Fluxotine stays in your system for at least a few days, so in future I'd say if you really want to take cocaine I guess you should skip the meds for at least a couple of days before. That's easy for me to say as I'm sure the meds are very useful to you.

Oh man, yeah...it seemed like a really bad combination. I’ll definitely be more careful in the future! Thank you :)