• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Did a small amount of heroin while on Suboxone

sm0kestack

Bluelighter
Hello all,

I am just curious about something and am hoping to get a good answer. Friend just kicked a bad heroin habit and had just started a suboxone maintenance program. He was taking about 6 - 8mg a day for 3 days before he got depressed and decided to score a small amount of heroin to help with the edge and craving for that euphoria. He waited about 19 or 20 hours before doing the shot in hopes that he would feel the high. But when he did use it, it had little to no effect, apparently the sub still in his system and on his receptors still was there and blocked it all out. His methods for using his subs are both a mixture of sublingual and IV use. But the question is, since he had been off the heroin for about 4 days, will going back to doing his sub put him in precipitated withdrawal even if the small amount of heroin he did was almost completely blocked out by the sub? It has been about 5 and a half hours since he did the heroin. Does he have to wait a full 24 hours again since he did the shot of dope to even think about taking suboxone, or is he good to just dose as normal? Because he skipped his morning dose. Thanks for any responses and answers.

nah, your pal is good to go. he didn't get off on the heroin, so the suboxone is still working. he might as well have flushed his dope money down the toilet. nothing to withdraw from.

I'm not too qualified to answer only taken subs 4 times two of those times ripped it out the other 2 took too early but now I'm trying to use them properly and quit IV h use I would imagine you'd have to wait dude wait fuckin 16 hours at least

Vedev is absolutely right. You're fine in taking the Subs again. If you didn't feel the dope, you still had the subs attached to your receptors. Subs stay attached a long, long time, even a couple mg. You don't have to say "my friend this, my friend that", I've noticed newer people doing that a lot on these boards. Anyone reading your question knows that it's you and not some friend so it's just unnecessary. But I wish you the best. Just be safe. In the future, a good little trick I've learned is that when you start feeling like shit and in full withdrawal, then it's a good time to dose on an opiate. Subs will linger on your receptors for a few days or more depending on how much you take and for how long. I've made the mistake of wasting good opiates a lot by not waiting until I was in full detox from suboxone. I can't say I blame you because it's hard to just stare at your dope, even if you know it won't do much. Have a good one.