• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Diclazepam Review

JamesB1985

Bluelighter
Ordered a solution of diclazepam last week. Its from a reputable American source who ships fast. I'm familiar with Xanax, Valium, Ativan, Klonopin, and Clonazolam. I haven't taken any benzo in 3 weeks. I've read its about 1mg=10mg diazpam.

When I first got it I dosed about 4mg...felt slightly sedated an hour later, SLIGHT mood lift. Two hours after my first dose I took 3mg..didn't really feel much different after two hours (Actually it made me irritable at times) so I took another 3mg...about 2 hours later I felt slightly more sedated and spacey...

Finally about two hours later I took another 4mg. Thats about 14mg over maybe 8 hours. I felt the same as I did 2 hours after my first dose...
The basic effect for me was slight sedation and anxiety reduction. Not a fan of this one. No euphoria, a little anxiety reduction, motor skills not affected. I have gotten two solutions of Clonazolam from this same source and it was excellent both times.

Today I've taken at least 20mg and I'm having the same effects. I wouldn't recommend this one for benzo tolerant people. Or if you like the quick come up and feeling of not having a care in the world of Xanax or Clonazolam. Probably good for a taper or anxiety reduction if you don't have a lot of anxiety.

Last edited:
Yeah i read the reports on erowid regarding diclazepam (not because I was interested in taking it but because I just like reading reports -- I've read most of them).

Seems like an awful substance recreational, might be good for tapering off short acting benzos.

^One report stood out to me, it was the guy that happily recieved some diclazepam and ended up losing himself and alienating everyone around him, losing days to the drug and eventually becoming suicidal. Almost sounds like fiction.

psychotic break on a lowish dose https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=108407

These drugs (diclazepam, clonazolam etc) were developed in the early days of benzos and discarded for one reason or another. Unpredictable blackouts and psychosis? There must be a reason these havent been made into legitimate pharmaceuticals. I believe its because they found them to be unacceptably dangerous due to their unpredictable effects

Their effects arn't any different than their prescribed counterparts, anxiolysis, hypnosis, sedation, etc.

It doesn't sound as potent as claimed. Alprazolam is the same potency and if you took the same amount of Alprazolam, you probably wouldn't be writing anything right now.

^One report stood out to me, it was the guy that happily recieved some diclazepam and ended up losing himself and alienating everyone around him, losing days to the drug and eventually becoming suicidal. Almost sounds like fiction.

psychotic break on a lowish dose https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=108407

These drugs (diclazepam, clonazolam etc) were developed in the early days of benzos and discarded for one reason or another. Unpredictable blackouts and psychosis? There must be a reason these havent been made into legitimate pharmaceuticals. I believe its because they found them to be unacceptably dangerous due to their unpredictable effects

Yeah that was the precise one that I was thinking about.

Clearly seems to be something else going on though. (I like the part where he puts on his karate uniform.) Does seem to be written by an unreliable narrator however.

Bringing a drug to the market is a huge investment. A pharma company wouldn't want to put out a dozen benzos with similar effects, cannibalizing their own market share. They also don't want to enter a heavily saturated market unless their product brings something new to the table.

For example:
Lorazepam's major advantage was that the 3-hydroxy group gave it a much shorter half-life, allowing the patient to take it for a panic attack without residual effects persisting into the next day. OTOH, Diclazepam's effects weren't much different from diazepam. Sure, it was much more potent per unit of weight, but the material cost of synthing a substance is generally only a very minor factor for structurally relatively simple drugs, so there was little interest with Roche to market this thing.

Alprazolam offered superior anxiolytic effects with only mild sedation and a manageable half-life, making it an instant winner. Ditto for 2'-chloro-alprazolam, better known as triazolam: instant knock-out sleep induction with a half-life so short you don't have to worry about hang-overs. So it made sense for Pfizer/Upjohn to put their money on these two rather than an intermediate-duration hypnotic like clonazolam.

Edit: So no, I do not believe most RC benzos were discarded because of unexpected symptoms of toxicity. You might as well assume that etizolam must be a danger to white people because it was never approved in the Western world (except Italy), when the reality is that by the mid-80s, the market for sedatives was already pretty saturated, so there was simply too little demand for yet another benzo.

Last edited:
Yeah that was the precise one that I was thinking about.

Clearly seems to be something else going on though. (I like the part where he puts on his karate uniform.) Does seem to be written by an unreliable narrator however.

I thought the same thing. The author seems to have had pretty serious mental issues prior to taking that Diclazepam.

I've come to the conclusion it was a pretty weak batch of Diclazepam I got. I wont be trying it again. Just wanted to help others out who may have been thinking about trying it.

Bringing a drug to the market is a huge investment. A pharma company wouldn't want to put out a dozen benzos with similar effects, cannibalizing their own market share. They also don't want to enter a heavily saturated market unless their product brings something new to the table.

For example:
Lorazepam's major advantage was that the 3-hydroxy group gave it a much shorter half-life, allowing the patient to take it for a panic attack without residual effects persisting into the next day. OTOH, Diclazepam's effects weren't much different from diazepam. Sure, it was much more potent per unit of weight, but the material cost of synthing a substance is generally only a very minor factor for structurally relatively simple drugs, so there was little interest with Roche to market this thing.

Alprazolam offered superior anxiolytic effects with only mild sedation and a manageable half-life, making it an instant winner. Ditto for 2'-chloro-alprazolam, better known as triazolam: instant knock-out sleep induction with a half-life so short you don't have to worry about hang-overs. So it made sense for Pfizer/Upjohn to put their money on these two rather than an intermediate-duration hypnotic like clonazolam.

Edit: So no, I do not believe most RC benzos were discarded because of unexpected symptoms of toxicity. You might as well assume that etizolam must be a danger to white people because it was never approved in the Western world (except Italy), when the reality is that by the mid-80s, the market for sedatives was already pretty saturated, so there was simply too little demand for yet another benzo.

I love your explanation. It's spot on