• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Diazepam prescriped for sleeping, want something better.

ahhhh i wouldnt go down the path of anti psychotics if i had the choice, they should really only be used for people who experience psychosis. the after affects are not worth using them for people who dont have psychosis.

ahhhh i wouldnt go down the path of anti psychotics if i had the choice, they should really only be used for people who experience psychosis. the after affects are not worth using them for people who dont have psychosis.

Completely agree. A psychiatrist I used to go to scripted me zyprexa for anxiety related insomnia. I was uneducated about anti-psychotics at the time so I went along with it. Terrible side effects, mainly the extreme restlessness in the following days.

The world confuses me... I could take a multitude of different heavy-duty, habit forming medications or I could just smoke a joint and feel just as good and functionable... infact much moreso.

hey you!

id go for halcion/triazolam, it is a benzo and will knock you out, but then I wouldnt advise for it longterm but halcion is better than any of the other benzos (only need one or two halcion at the most, unlke other benzos), but diazepam for sleeping? next alternative would be zopiclone, as I tried zopiclone after going off halcion!? besides the horrible metallic taste that stays in the back of your throat the nexy day, it did do the trick (and again only needed one or two pills) just try not get prescribed anti-psychotic/schizophrenia pills like olanzapine and amitrypline!! (sp?) anyway all the best.

i'll propose something radical....

try exercising early in the morning - namely running

start out slow and short, run walk for five hundred meters twice a week for a couple of weeks, step it up to three times a week, then make it a 1km run once a week and two 500m runs, then two 1km runs and one 500, follow that pattern of progressive overload until you're running 2 or even 4km three times per week

get a gym membership or home gym if you can afford it and have someone qualified write you up a program (don't lift weights more than twice a week regardless)

give up caffeine, don't drink more than a few drinks at a time once every fortnight, regulate your diet to avoid sugary foods, start taking a multi-vitamin and fish oil caps, and vitamin b, drink tap or bottled water throughout the day at least as often as you drink anything else

try doing something you wouldn't usually do on the weekend, take up kite surfing maybe

whatever it is that's keeping you awake when you think about it, ask yourself if it is actually a rational concern, or if you're just worrying about something silly because you've got a lot on the table at work

actually try really hard to focus on specific things that are troubling you and logically consider them one by one. just ignore all the other things racing through your head and disregard it as background noise. if you have to, talk to yourself - this sounds stupid but it's actually a very good way to focus the cognitive mind, which is why the crazy homeless guy on the train does it

i think if you seriously commit to it you will see results, it's not the silver bullet answer and it's a long term strategy but it's your life, so i reckon it's worth the effort :)

I'd say this along with good morning and nightly doses of vitamins and antioxidants would be better than anything. Also try eating dinner as early as possible and not snacking or drinking sugars and/or caffiene 3-2 hours before bed.