• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazepam or Temazepam for Restless Leg Syndrome

Michael_25

Bluelighter
I'm 7 days clean off oxy -- cold turkey. But the worst withdrawal symptom by far is RLS. I did not get ANY sleep last night ... tossing and turning in agony. I bought some Epsom Salt and can either get Valium or Temazepam to help with this quirky withdrawal symptom, so which works best?

Also, can I still have bubble bath along with the epsom salt?

Diazzz. But really both if you wanna annihilate opioid withdrawal. I prefer really hot showers or hot tubs with sexy broads.

Both are fine. Gabapentin can help too. You have made it out of the worst phase, stay strong and good job so far!

Temazepam is great for insomnia (at least for me).. it's nice and sedating. Why are you uncertain whether you can take a bath?

Diazzz. But really both if you wanna annihilate opioid withdrawal. I prefer really hot showers or hot tubs with sexy broads.
Well, I take the showers (sans the hoes) but it provides only temporary relief.

Both are fine. Gabapentin can help too. You have made it out of the worst phase, stay strong and good job so far!
Hey man, thanks. It's hard. The RLS causing the insomnia is fucking evil.

Temazepam is great for insomnia (at least for me).. it's nice and sedating. Why are you uncertain whether you can take a bath?
Well, I already take 550 mg of clozapine, which could knock out a horse. Alas, while it induces sleep, I cannot sleep due to the RLS. The mind is strong, the body is weak ... Oh, I was asking whether it's okay to have a hot bath WITH epsom salts added along with kids bubble bath.

Both have muscle relaxant and sedative properties so they're just as good. Diazepam is more potent per mg. Temazepam feels much nicer but you're not using it for recreation so if you don't need the extra sedation I'd say go for the good old diazepam.

Hey, I'm on day 11 CT off H! Congrats! I went ahead and got on the vivitrol shot....Anyway, Valium will work wonders for sleep. Did for me anyway. If you can get gabapentin, that's the route I would go. Gabapentin was as good as gold for WDs. It has an off label use for RLS too. It works. Best part is you can't OD on it, unless you shoot it(which is a really bad idea anyway).

Ive never taken temazepam so I can't really say, I just want to congratulate you on making it through cold turkey withdrawal. RLS is evil, I know your pain all too well, congratulations on making it so far.

Temazepam is mad hypnotic. Take it before bed. 30mg is the max dose you can get prescribed in the states. But at your point, you may want to go up to 90mg so you can sleep. Just beware of sleep eating....which actually may be a good thing if you haven't been eating that well.

Temazepam is mad hypnotic. Take it before bed. 30mg is the max dose you can get prescribed in the states. But at your point, you may want to go up to 90mg so you can sleep. Just beware of sleep eating....which actually may be a good thing if you haven't been eating that well.
I fucked up last night :-( I took the clozapine plus 100mg of Temazepam and still had the RSL and couldn't sleep, so I took two tramadol to help, and help it did. I slept for 13 hours. Now I feel bad that I fucked up my cold turkey method on day 8 :-(

I fucked up last night :-( I took the clozapine plus 100mg of Temazepam and still had the RSL and couldn't sleep, so I took two tramadol to help, and help it did. I slept for 13 hours. Now I feel bad that I fucked up my cold turkey method on day 8 :-(

Nah don't feel bad bro , you done what most people can't , and that's quitting cold turkey , we all make mistakes and hopefully we learn from them , I take seroquel daily and that gives me restless legs really bad , so I take 10mg valium to help with that :)

Two tramadol ain't shit man. You haven't fucked up anything. It's no shame to have to do a little bit of a taper. Your progress is still as strong as it was, keep going.

For RLS? Diazepam is superior for its incredible muscle relaxing properties.
Our legs do have muscles, correct me if I'm wrong.

Temazepam is scripted for ONLY insomnia.
Diazepam is scripted for A LOT of things, including as a muscle relaxer.

So overall, of course Diazepam is the better overall benzo.

My mate is scripted temazepam for muscle relaxation, it works well but you're right diazepam is better.

would not recommend it, I doubt it would work for more than a month or two. Some people with RLS do benefit from longer term benzo poly therapy, but I definitely wouldn't suggest either of these two benzodiazepines as first choices for RLS in the first place for anything that isn't short term / temporary RLS.

would not recommend it, I doubt it would work for more than a month or two. Some people with RLS do benefit from longer term benzo poly therapy, but I definitely wouldn't suggest either of these two benzodiazepines as first choices for RLS in the first place for anything that isn't short term / temporary RLS.

OP's RLS is coming from opiate withdrawal though. That's short term. Benzos be fine.

I'll list the top 5 best choices for opiate WD induced RLS.

1. Gabapentin (Rx)

Gabapentin is an EXCELLENT medication for RLS.
It's also an Excellent medication for nerve pain, and anxiety.
I listed Gabapentin No. 1 because it's not a controlled drug here in the USA.
It's also less addictive than most other medications used for RLS.

2. Diazepam (Rx, CIV)

Excellent choice here.
Diazepam is one of the best if not the best overall medication used for Drug withdrawal.
It helps with TONS of unwanted symptoms including anxiety, muscle spasms and joint pain, cravings, insomnia, epilepsy, etc etc etc.
The only downfall, is that Diazepam is very addicting.

3. Lyrica (Rx, CV)

Lyrica is Gabapentin's older brother. Same info.
The difference? Lyrica is a controlled substance, it's stronger, and more addicting.

4. Clonazepam (Rx CIV)

Clonazepam is very similiar to Diazepam.
It also has excellent muscle relaxing properties.
Clonazepam is more potent than Diazepam.
Clonazepam is more sedating, Diazepam is more euphoric.

5. Carisoprodol (Rx, CIV)

Carisoprodol is the best muscle relaxer, period.
Less addicting than benzos, but not as effective overall for drug withdrawal.
Carisoprodol is great for insomnia also.

Well, I hope that helps.
Just be cautious when using benzos, because they are very addicting and Benzo WD is more dangerous than opiate WD.

Imo,
Opiate WD is more uncomfortable and more painful than Benzo WD.
But Benzo WD is more dangerous as it could lead to a possible deadly seizure.

Best of luck!

Hot and cold helps, get 2 bowls or buckets one with hot water as hot as you can bear without burning yourself and cold in the other, can use towels put one in the freezer and pour hot water on the other.

Soak feet/shins in hot then cold and keep on repeating, same thing with placing the towels on your legs.

If you find you are having trouble sleeping id go for Temazepam if not go for the Valium.

I've been told that Tramadol works best and at a dose of 50mg-100mg I don't think it will mess up your opioid addiction, though you would know that best.

Tramadol was excellent for RLS when my body was opiate naïve, use it cautiously and sparingly, it is an opioid so you will get obvious relief.....but you don't want a tramadol habit. I would go back on oxy if I had a tramadol habit then switch to morphine then codeine then off.....but you got to really want it and not abuse the drugs I mentioned.

Keep up the excellent work guys!!!