• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazepam - Maintaining mellow relax through the day

MonsterUnderBed

Greenlighter
I'm in the lucky situation to sit on a "endless" supply of Diazepam, and I have in reality decided to start a raper.

I've been using Rohypnol, Xanax, Oxazepam and Diazepam over the last couple of months to get a break from my depression and anxiety. Not clever at all of course. I've had no respiratory effect from it, so threw in a couple of beers for added effect. Anyway, I digress.

My question is- I take 30 mg Diazepam in the morning along with the rest of my meds. The effect of the mellow relaxation wears off after some hours. Will adding 20mg Diazepam at lunch time give the mellow relaxation back, or will it do fuckall? I know Diazepam have a half-life up to ~120 hours so not sure if this plays a role? I'm not looking to get couch locked, just function properly.

I know tolerance plays a huge part in this, but for this case, let's assume I adjust for it.

I've been treated for depression/anxiety since 2004, and tired of being a fucking lab rat for normal psychopharma, so for now benzos are my relief, which is why I keep postponing the taper.

Any knowledgeable answers on this would be much appreciated!

It will work for a little while, but in general it's just going to make you build tolerance faster.

If you are trying to taper benzos then you can't be going after states of "mellow relaxation".

You are in possession of one of the longest half-life possessing benzodiazepines, and you feel like it "wears off after some hours"? My advice is that you have a serious problem, and should use your medication as prescribed.

You are in possession of one of the longest half-life possessing benzodiazepines, and you feel like it "wears off after some hours"? My advice is that you have a serious problem, and should use your medication as prescribed.

Actually, diazepam has a biphasic half-life which is best expressed as ~8hr for the primary effects and ~120hrs for the residual effects. The latter number refers to the half life of desmethyldiazepam which is a only partial agonist at the benzodiazepine receptor.(Diazepam itself is a full agonist)

The thing with diazepam and its analogs is that their logP is very high, which necessarily means it prefers fatty tissues and not watery blood. So any given dose of benzos will only persist in the blood for a little while before they redistribute into fat. Same as THC and its metabolites.

Diazepam is generally dosed in 12 hour intervals for anxiety. For other conditions it may be more frequent. What you are experiencing is inter-dose anxiety.

Basically, we really don't like threads that concern getting or maintaining a high or buzz. Of course there is a little bit of discretion and we're not like the Stasi, but we really like to keep things in the realm of Harm Reduction, vs. Harm Production. There is also a reason why we don't typically like to field these threads. It's because there is such a variability in terms of subjective experience, that even if we took the time to self-evaluate and really try to get you the best answer, your experience will most likely be different. This is especially so when we're dealing with the older Benzodiazepines like Diazepam (Valium) or Chlordiazepoxide (Librium). They follow a more complex metabolic process that makes an even greater variation in effect from person to person.

I understand you have severe anxiety and depression, but please, do not become completely dependent upon Benzodiazepines. Your situation will be just as bad as it was before, except now you're dealing with a severe addiction to Benzodiazepines, and merely taking them gets you back to that point you were at before.