• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Diazepam for sleep, other meds stopped working

Flower Fairy

Bluelighter
I've started to take diazepam/vallies for sleep because nothing else works anymore, I've not took vallies since I quit them on the 12th May 2019 after being addicted to them for years, but I'm such a pill popper that I've been taking them in the day too since I received them yesterday

Will taking a few during the day mean they'll work less at night when really need them?

I took 40mg Promethazine last night too incase that was true, but no Mirtazapine which I'm pleased to say as I really want off them

My doctor was meant to call me yesterday, I waited 10 days for the phone appointment to discuss trying me on a new medication for sleep, anxiety and fibromyalgia, but she didn't call and now its the weekend so can't call her till next week, then have to wait for another phone appointment

HeadphonesandLSD

Bluelighter
In my experience with using benzos for sleep they become ineffective after 3-5 days unless you push the dose. Maybe it's different in people that aren't chronic insomniacs. Since this one has such a long half life I would generally take it hours before bed anyway so it depends on how far from bed time you're using them. If you're like me you're probably starting in the morning and adding more during the rest of the day.

If you're willing to push the dose every few days it can be effective for a long time but there is no free ride and at some point you'll have to taper back off or face some of the worse withdrawal one can experience. There are better benzos for sedation/sleep. If you're going to use benzos for both anxiety and sleep I've found it best to use diazepam for general anxiety with something like temazepam at bed time. I don't find other drugs to work well for sleep due to side effects (you've named a couple) however z-drugs are pretty useful as long as you don't sleep walk on them and have a partner to keep an eye on you during the night. I refuse to take z-drugs after suffering the zombie walk and living alone. I don't experience those problems with benzos. I do try to limit benzo use whenever possible so they remain effective. I've found only using them 2-3 days out of a week works good for me without developing much tolerance or withdrawal symptoms.

Flower Fairy

Bluelighter
If you're like me you're probably starting in the morning and adding more during the rest of the day
Yep lol, then more before bed
If you're going to use benzos for both anxiety and sleep I've found it best to use diazepam for general anxiety with something like temazepam at bed time
I can only get vallies and xanax of my "matie" but xanax half life's makes me wake up really early, although I been awake since 4:30 am today lol as not took the Mirtazapine last night, also xanax is sort of stimulating for me, gives me a high and motivation, I feel I need to do stuff constantly on them, not anxious, not really relaxed either just "happy up and keeping busy" temazapam doesn't help me sleep it's too weak, even a few at a time

however z-drugs are pretty useful
I was addicted zopiclone had to come off them after 3 months nightly use, such nasty rebound insomnia so I only get 10 a month now, take 2 or 3 at a time as 1 don't work, and also nightmares BAD BAD nightmares for days after taking them, I can't handle the nightmares, I took them last 4 nights ago and have nightmares and heroin dreams since then, once out of my system the nightmares stop 3 or 4 days normally

And yes I've withdrawn of diazepam before, was on benzos for years, so stopping them caused PAWS that made me go on the Mirtazapine after 4 months struggling drug free

Thanks for the reply though, I don't know what to try next then, as you're right, vallies do build up a tolerance so quick, it's funny what the mind makes you forget when you stop a drug isn't it lol

HeadphonesandLSD

Bluelighter
There really isn't anything to try next drug wise. Have you tried physical activity before bed? Just keep doing push-ups until you pass out. The only place left to go would be something like Methaqualone but good luck finding any of that.

Coffeeshroom

Bluelighter
I can't even do one push up, and to much activity before bed wakes me up even more

Yeah maybe in South Africa, I'd love to try Qualudes though lol
qualudes? how many you want? lol

but seriously when it comes to benzos for sleep i find temazepam also useless even at high dosages, some people love it and others hate it. But i have found nitrazepam, triazolam and midazolam to work good with another long acting benzo. But all this will raise your tolerance level and so on. Insomnia is a bitch and i hate her. Z-drugs i dislike myself too so wont go there. But as suggested that exercise before bed or during the day like doing something that is really taxing on the body physically could also help you sleep at night.

Flower Fairy

Bluelighter
qualudes? how many you want?
Loads lol
But i have found nitrazepam, triazolam and midazolam to work good
I have no access to them and don't trust those online vendors/sites as loads of scammers, I have one person I get my benzos from, he sells the 2 most popular, vallies and xanax and is always legit

I'd love to try nitrazepam etc, I was going to order some benzo RCs just 5 of each Etizolam, Clonazolam, Flualprazolam and Flunitrazolam blotters to try

But I was in two minds as to if I should because I don't want to lose my money or drugs if customs confiscate them, and they have a minimum spend of £60 which is alot for me to lose, and I've heard some story's about people blacking out and others doing random shit on them, going psychotic, and what if the blotters are dosed to high as you can OD on RC benzos can't you?

I thought benzo blotters was so weird that I really wanted to try them, I'd not heard you can get anything like that on blotters till recently

Coffeeshroom

Bluelighter
yeah i cant comment on RC's as i have never had to use any. I get all my meds straight from a pharmacy so i know there legit. sucks you cant get those. What has worked for me is also taking alzam and valium before sleep and it worked for me. not gonna discuss dosages but the two together can help with sleep a lot even if it just knocks you out for 6 hours.

Flower Fairy

Bluelighter
I get all my meds straight from a pharmacy so i know there legit. sucks you cant get those
Is that off a doctor, or do they sell them in pharmacys where you are lol, if that was here I'd take them all the time lol

You can buy weak 8mg/500mg co codamol here and nurofen+ which is 200mg ibuprofen and 12.8mg codeine OTC

But codeine doesn't do anything for me, but that's basically all you can buy OTC, apart from the sedating antihistamines and herbal sleeping tablets like Valerian and other herbs

JoEhJoEh

Bluelighter
I take 100 mg Seroquel at night since 8 years and I sleep well with it. No SE. No reason to abuse, and I never had to change the dose, perhaps you try it.

JJ

Flower Fairy

Bluelighter
I take 100 mg Seroquel at night since 8 years and I sleep well with it
Its one of the worse to stop and it can cause tardive dyskinesia, which can be perminant, I tried it for a day as my doctor tried me on it for my generalised anxiety disorder, even though its an antipsychotic, I also overthink so he thought it's worth a try, but I had side effects on first dose, such as noises we're weird, the laughing on telly sounded like the joker from batman, and I kept doing a weird thing with my tounge or jaw, can't remember, but thought it was start of tardive dyskinesia, so I stopped there and then

Flower Fairy

Bluelighter
See nothing I've tried helps, I tried about 15+ antidepressants and other meds too for anxiety, depression, sleep and I've tried Propranolol, Busperone and Pregabalin, Tramadol, I've tried herbal stuff like Valerian, and other herbal sleep aids and lavender pillow spray

I've tried OTC antihistamines like Diphenhydrinamine and Promethazine, been prescribed Hydroxazine, and Doxylamine (I think)

Mirtazapine does help really good for few months, but I keep needing to go up a dose, started on 7.5mg now on 30mg anything above that is to much for me and is stimulating like I've mentioned on Bluelight before

So yeah back to vallies, which I've been addicted too before, but I'd rather quit them again, than not sleep, you'd think meds that act on the histamine receptors like Mirtazapine are easy to stop, they're not, not at all!

Flower Fairy

Bluelighter
Are gabapentin or pregabalin an option maybe?
I hate gabapentin tried that off my neighbour as he has big black bin bags full of boxes, he gets them prescribed but doesn't take them, they made me jittery, on edge and manic

And the phone call I was meant to get off my doctor yesterday was to talk about going back onto Pregabalin again, give it another chance as I was on it years ago but gave up after ten days due to side effects, but that could of been the coke I was taking at the time as I was with a coke head back then

Coffeeshroom

Bluelighter
I hate gabapentin tried that off my neighbour as he has big black bin bags full of boxes, he gets them prescribed but doesn't take them, they made me jittery, on edge and manic

And the phone call I was meant to get off my doctor yesterday was to talk about going back onto Pregabalin again, give it another chance as I was on it years ago but gave up after ten days due to side effects, but that could of been the coke I was taking at the time as I was with a coke head back then
Well then maybe give it another go, if it still doesnt help or aid then cut it out. But in the beginning i did find that gabapentin or pregabalin with a strong benzo helped with sleep and for me personally also the RLS i get. Funny that Gabapentin/pregabalin or bromocriptine helped for this.

empeebee

Bluelighter
In a circle in a spiral, in a wheel within a wheel
See nothing I've tried helps, I tried about 15+ antidepressants and other meds too for anxiety, depression, sleep and I've tried Propranolol, Busperone and Pregabalin, Tramadol, I've tried herbal stuff like Valerian, and other herbal sleep aids and lavender pillow spray

I've tried OTC antihistamines like Diphenhydrinamine and Promethazine, been prescribed Hydroxazine, and Doxylamine (I think)

Mirtazapine does help really good for few months, but I keep needing to go up a dose, started on 7.5mg now on 30mg anything above that is to much for me and is stimulating like I've mentioned on Bluelight before

So yeah back to vallies, which I've been addicted too before, but I'd rather quit them again, than not sleep, you'd think meds that act on the histamine receptors like Mirtazapine are easy to stop, they're not, not at all!
Sorry if you've said this somewhere else before, but have you tracked down the reason you can't sleep? For me, I get bodily tired but my brain won't shut up/switch into standby