• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazepam 5mg vs Lorazepam 2mg

Panic247

Greenlighter
I am going in for a medical procedure in a few days, and the doc prescribed me 5mg Diazepam to calm me down during the visit. I take 1-2 mg of Lorazepam a couple times per week, what can I expect when I take the diazepam? Will it be stronger than the Lorazepam?

Thanks!

Lorazepam is an order of magnitude stronger than diazepam, meaning 1 mg of lorazepam = 10 mg of diazepam

...or, conversely, 5 mg of diazepam = 0.5 mg of lorazepam.

Lorazepam is an order of magnitude stronger than diazepam, meaning 1 mg of lorazepam = 10 mg of diazepam

...or, conversely, 5 mg of diazepam = 0.5 mg of lorazepam.

I believe the conversion to be closer to 1 mg ativan = 6 mg valium.

1mg Lorazepam = 10mg Diazepam, so the Diazepam will obviously feel a lot weaker to you. It does last longer, though.

I currently have zero tolerance. 5mg diazepam would have me feeling calm and give me a general sense of well being. 2mg lorazepam would knock me on my ass.
I'm also very small, so they have an additionally stronger effect on me, but I'm just giving you an example how the difference in strength between the two.

I like Diazepam because the duration of action.Ativan is strong but very short acting.Gabapentin is a great benzo potentator if you have any.