• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Serious Diagnosed with Cancer

I’d make a lot of amends and I’d also tell certain people to flat out go fuck themselves with a cactus and laugh in their faces don’t give a shit if I take a punch. Barely do anyway lol.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm a med student, and you didn't share what type of cancer you've been diagnosed with here. I'm telling this because cancer is not considered a death sentence nowadays, but it is considered a chronic disease like arterial hypertension or diabetes. Medicine is evolving sharply, and new therapies have become available. For instance, recently, I read an article about the mc38 tumor model. It's a cell model developed in mice that allows for studying and developing new immunotherapies and biological drugs targeting high precision tumor cells, maintaining healthy tissues intact. You must trust the doctors and look at your burden as chronic morbidity.

Last edited:
Thread is over a year old, and while more common cancers mortality rates are decreasing due to improvements in detection and screening. Plenty of cancers are still a death sentence. Hope OP is okay though, bowel cancers are a rough ride.