• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dextrostat IR has lost its magic.

Hutch1

Greenlighter
Hey all,

So I am posting because my dextrostat (prescribed 60x10mg tablets, mallencrockdt brand is usually obtained) has sort of lost its punch. It used to make me extremely euphoric with little or no comedown off 20mg. Now if I take 20mg I hardly feel anything except very unhappy, I will not laugh, and I have no desire to do ANYTHING productive or fun. Is this from permanent tolerance? I have taken up to 2 weeks off dextro with no results. I am currently 21 and have been taking amphetamines since I was 18. Started on adderall 20 IR, moved to vyvanse 60, then to dextrostat 10 ir 2x/day (I never take as prescribed. only for when I need a boost/high). I can get about 30-60 minutes of positive effects (euphoria) with about SIX HOURS OF COMEDOWN!!! I always eat and drink water while on them!

I take magnesium at night. HOW can I get the magic back?? Do I just have to increase the dose?

A robotic, rigid and impatiently focused state is common with tolerance to a regular amphetamine dose. It sounds like you are getting all of the normal effects without the euphoria to tie it all together. This is the reason that amphetamine is prescribed long term for attention issues. It retains the mechanism that causes the ability to focus, while the euphoria is a (short-lived) side effect. Yes, you can raise the dose to achieve the positive/euphoric feeling again for a short time. You will most likely only get fleeting sensations reminiscent of the "magic."

I am 21 also and take dexedrine. The trick is you may want to try mixing vyvanse with dexedrine to break through tolerance. I cant really say ive had the same experience though as its been euphoric up until now as ive smoked marijuana daily.

I take generic 10mg dextroamphetamine.
Besides taking cal/mag/zinc pills, I occasionally have my doctor cycle my medication with dextroamphetamine extended release, Vyvanse or Adderall.

This helps quite a bit.

Speed King makes a good point about cycling. In my experience, Ritalin has almost no cross-tolerance with Adderall, and it could be a promising drug for your doctor to cycle with amp in 1 or 2 week intrevals.

I agree that Methylphenidate and Adderall are not very cross-tolerant. I have been prescribed both and even after tripling the Methylphenidate dose, 20 mg Adderall was about the same in effects as taking the same dose with no Methylphenidate tolerance.

However, I think the two drugs have moderately different effects and you are unlikely to get any of the "magic" back by mixing the two or switching between them. Moreover, I doubt you will ever get the same feeling back and that is the nature of tolerance. If you wait a very long period of time you may get a day or 2 of feeling euphoric but it will go back to the effects you describe now very quickly.

As DementiaSavantPlus mentioned, the tolerance you've developed is exactly why Amphetamine sees use as a medication.

When I suggested cycling your meds, I was referring to taking for example, Dexedrine IR then switching to Adderall for a month or so, then back to Dexedrine extended release, Vyvanse for a bit and back to Dexedrine IR. That is an example of what I would do.

By doing that, I am keeping the basic amphetamine in my system, but giving certain areas of my brain a break due to each amphetamine formula being different.

Even just rotating Dexedrine IR with adderall! or Vyvanse, works wonders. It is mainly a psychological break.

I learned that cycling doesn't mess with my tolerance. It actually helps it.

I wouldn't mind taking methylphenidate for a month, due to its very different effects.

I just know that due to the potency and duration difference, that may be hard to do. I would need a high dose to come close to Dexedrine.

Extra, off topic comment. My doctor did a cheek swab on me and sent to a lab. It showed that the medication I was taking was in fact the correct meds for my body.!

If you have coverage, I recommend a cheek swab. It will show you what will work best with your system.

Hey all,

So I am posting because my dextrostat (prescribed 60x10mg tablets, mallencrockdt brand is usually obtained) has sort of lost its punch. It used to make me extremely euphoric with little or no comedown off 20mg. Now if I take 20mg I hardly feel anything except very unhappy, I will not laugh, and I have no desire to do ANYTHING productive or fun. Is this from permanent tolerance? I have taken up to 2 weeks off dextro with no results. I am currently 21 and have been taking amphetamines since I was 18. Started on adderall 20 IR, moved to vyvanse 60, then to dextrostat 10 ir 2x/day (I never take as prescribed. only for when I need a boost/high). I can get about 30-60 minutes of positive effects (euphoria) with about SIX HOURS OF COMEDOWN!!! I always eat and drink water while on them!

I take magnesium at night. HOW can I get the magic back?? Do I just have to increase the dose?

Dose all you want, tolerance is tolerance, and what is the ultimate cure for tolerance? ...abstinence.
That is not even a consideration so what do we do? We buy more, I've consumed 4 grams of Meht-Cathinone and 2 grams of Crystal yesterday morning I i still yawned after the last line last night. It is not the quality that dropped, our tolerance just went way way up.

I am actually sleepy after 6 grams and stimulants enough for 17 slave labour children to put together 11,000 pairs of Nike's before dying on the spot a exhaustion. Meh, I prefer Puma's actually so Indonesian children will die rather if there is dying to be done.