• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dextroamphetamine need help with sustained release

Kinggaiseric

Greenlighter
Dear users,

Someone I met used to take dextroamphetamine instant release for studying which worked great for him. His mother asked for a prescription for sustained release which works terribly.
The sustained release does not work with beads, the apothecary designed it itself by using a hydrophobic matrix. When he takes this he does not get the desired effect and only feels like hes on a come up all day and has less adverse effects but barely any desired effects.

Now he asked me if its possible to extract the dextroamphetamine from the hydrophobic matrix to get the regular dose again.
He tried crushing the pill but this does not help that much.

Is there a simple process he can use at home to destroy the hydrophobic polymers without damaging the amphetamines?
Thanks in advance

" only feels like hes on a come up all day and has less adverse effects but barely any desired effects. "

Dont f*ck up a good thing dude. Your mom is taking you so i assume its free. So your getting free, medical grade amphetamine, prob everyday, with no law worries.

I find it hard myself often to put things into perspective that my experience is significantly superior than alot of other people but im too focused on getting even higher on that hedonic treadmil.

You can always get more euphoric, more happy, more focused, more awake, ect but its not sustainable.

What percentage of the population " feels like they are on a come up all day" everyday? Prob very very little.

Imo if you break those beads youll be less satisfied with the pills quickly unsatisfied with it as instant release and eventually your mom will prob find powder residue and maybe put you in rehab or atleast you loose the drug entirely

" only feels like hes on a come up all day and has less adverse effects but barely any desired effects. "

Dont f*ck up a good thing dude. Your mom is taking you so i assume its free. So your getting free, medical grade amphetamine, prob everyday, with no law worries.

I find it hard myself often to put things into perspective that my experience is significantly superior than alot of other people but im too focused on getting even higher on that hedonic treadmil.

You can always get more euphoric, more happy, more focused, more awake, ect but its not sustainable.

What percentage of the population " feels like they are on a come up all day" everyday? Prob very very little.

Imo if you break those beads youll be less satisfied with the pills quickly unsatisfied with it as instant release and eventually your mom will prob find powder residue and maybe put you in rehab or atleast you loose the drug entirely

To nuance. My friend is 24 years old and studies in college. His mother tricked him into going in his place because he is working on his thesis and has no time to go. She worries because of depressive symptoms which she (partially correctly) attributes to amphetamine use/habituation since this year was very busy. He is a reasonable adult and has almost finished his studies and does not feel like changing a habit when a deadline draws near. He realizes the dangers of chasing a high and is not interested in upping his dose, only feeling like he is used to feeling. What he means by come up is the drowsy/slightly nauseous feeling that precedes the productive, motivated energy that dex normally gives him. I thank you for your worries but they are misplaced due to lack of context.

Haha sorry dude i totally thought you where like 16. I was thinking he writes pretty darn well for a high schooler.

I am in my twenties so i have sympathy for you.

Unfortunately i have beads. I thought all adderall xr is beads.

Can you change brands?
Have an opponent without your mom?
Is it soluble in something like ethanol?

I really think you should have more privacy its your body and your an adult. Thats just crazy. Anyway i hope someone has better ideas then me.

Haha sorry dude i totally thought you where like 16. I was thinking he writes pretty darn well for a high schooler.

I am in my twenties so i have sympathy for you.

Unfortunately i have beads. I thought all adderall xr is beads.

Can you change brands?
Have an opponent without your mom?
Is it soluble in something like ethanol?

I really think you should have more privacy its your body and your an adult. Thats just crazy. Anyway i hope someone has better ideas then me.

Normally I always go myself but right now it would be difficult to get a new prescription (pretty expensive to go and pay + time it would take). And yes I agree that it is completely crazy and a line she really crossed for me. I'm not sure if ethanol would work but I'm afraid I would affect the quality of the dex by doing so. And yes normally it should be beads but this apothecary got really creative because we are in Europe and dex is made in the apothecary here instead of bigger pharmaceutical companies (I assume the process of creating beads is difficult without doing it on industrial scale.)
Hopefully someone knows more.