• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dexmethylphenidate and pain above hip?

BuzzAldrin

Greenlighter
I apologize in advance if I incorrectly post, but I've dug through the archives and could not find information on this particular Focalin related question. It seems that a few amphetamine-based threads on side effects exist, but I'm vaguely familiar with the similarities and differences between amphetamines and NDRI stimulants.

I'm a 23 year old male, weighing roughly 145 pounds (approximately 66 kg) I've been prescribed Dexmethylphenidate (specifically brand name Focalin, 20mg XR capsules 4 times a day) for a few months now, and I usually take them upon waking at 6:30 am for work. In addition, a couple times a week my wife and I will crush and insufflate it. I'm fairly healthy; physically and physiologically. I'm 2 years into an opiate-free life and im the happiest I've been since I was a child.

I'm a Roofer by trade, and my body takes a metaphorical ass-whooping so to speak... heavy lifting, bending, climbing, pitch-tar asphalt burns, carcinogenic solvents/adhesives/particles/fumes/ and plenty of opportunities for hyperthermia dehydration. Combined with the dexmethylphenidate, my daily grind constantly damages my body.

That being said, it's difficult to determine if this pain above my right hip is being caused by the nonstop strain of work, or a side effect of dexmethylphenidate.

If anyone could shed some light on this, I would be very grateful. I'd rather slow/stop a potential internal problem instead of playing the classic "I'm a man, I don't need any help" game and wind up in the hospital with a tube up my pee hole.

Many thanks.

Always,

TT

If anything, methylphenidate should act as a mild painkiller (via norepinephrine reuptake inhibition).

I'd blame the work. Roofing can be very unforgiving.

Thank you for your replies...its virtually nonexistent this morning. Took my d-mph per usual, nothing to complain about. I must've strained a muscle or something...still better to be safe than sorry.

If it returns I will speak with my doctor about it. For now, I've got some roof leaks to track down.
Thanks again for taking the time to help me out!

Always,

TT

When I was framing I would always get a similar pain when working on a steep pitch and I was always doing everything to the right of my body too. But whatever

It could be cramps from the heat or overexertion - stay hydrated and fed properly :)

Just stopping by to update, the pain hasn't returned. I'm convinced it was just a physical issue pertaining to the manual labor. My back is in terrible shape and I guess I'd attribute the pain to the muscle spasming throughout...I still always make sure to remain hydrated and eat even if it's lightly. Thanks again for the input, very much appreciated!

Always,

TT