• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dexedrine Spansules - are they all delayed-release??? Can they be made IR?

InfectedWithDrugs

Bluelighter
I asked my doctor for generic Dexedrine because Adderall was giving me headache and Vyvanse was working for too long, preventing me from sleeping. I did not ask for extended release or anything like that, just generic Dexedrine. I wanted something that works FAST. However, I got a prescription for Dexedrine Spansules (Barr) - a capsule with tiny beads in it. It does not say "Extended Release" anywhere on it, but from my research, it appears that all Spansules are for extended release. Am I right about that or not?

If I crush these Spansules into powder and eat them - will it be the same as taking Dexedrine IR pill? Will snorting crushed Spansule beads be as effective as crushing and snorting IR pill?

I know that snorting pills is a bad idea and prolonged usage of pills like that can result in talc building up in your lungs. Only pure chemicals can be snorted, not pills that have binders and other crap. What about Dexedrine Spansules? If you compare total size of beads in 10mg Spansule to total size of 10mg pill, then you notice that total size of Spansules is smaller. Does that mean they are purer?

The capsules are all ER. The beads are 50/50 IR and ER release and crushing them theoretically should defeat the ER mechanism but you will probably miss a small amount. The amount of powder is less than a crushed tablet but I would have to check the inactives to see if there is any issues with them. I personally never had one though.

Crushing them into a fine powder thoroughly should render them mostly IR.