• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dexedrine or Focalin

Not really, at therapeutic doses the levo isomers made amphetamines feel terrible side effects wise and were pointless for me, dextroamphetamine still had too many side effects for me so I use dextromethamphetamine.

Im only going to be taking 5mg/day most likely,so you think that will give me terrible side effects? What are these "side effects"?
Never taken an amphetamine in my life so im nervous and just want some advice, Not looking to get high, just to be able to function like a normal human being.

Last edited:
Im only going to be taking 5mg/day most likely,so you think that will give me terrible side effects? What are these "side effects"?
Never taken an amphetamine in my life so im nervous and just want some advice, Not looking to get high, just to be able to function like a normal human being.

5 mg a day is a very low dosage and you should have minimal side effects. I really wouldn't worry about it, insomnia is really the only side effect to watch out for. Oh and take it after you eat for obvious reasons.

5 mg a day is a very low dosage and you should have minimal side effects. I really wouldn't worry about it, insomnia is really the only side effect to watch out for. Oh and take it after you eat for obvious reasons.

I got ya thanks

UPDATE! Guess my doc wants to see if Adderall works for me before resorting to straight DEX. Isnt Adderall more addictive than DEX? Am I trippin or is my Doc A Quack???

Hard to say. There very similar, the only difference is dexadrine doesn't have l-amp. I would say dexadrine is more addictive only because adderall takes a huge toll on my body. I usally don't like to take it 2 days in a row.

Lol your trippin dont worry 'bout it. dexedrine is stronger than adderall so hes just doing his job.

focalin has some nasty PNS effects.

i haven't had any dexedrine but i've had d-amp and i can honestly say i prefer amp for recreation and probably MPH for trying to control add symptoms but i have no plans on ever touching d-MPH(focalin) again...

I'm PRETTY sure d-amp IS dexadrine.

Doesn't D-amp stand for "dextro-amphetamine"??

Anyways, I like Dex a lot but have never tried Adderall or Focalin.

I never liked Ritalin much though.

Update. My doc decided on adderall 10mg once a day, I took 2.5 at first then an hour later another 2.5 (5mg total) around 8:30pm. At first I felt like being alone, like I was about to have a panic attack, but after two hours my anxiety was completely gone, very slight euphoria, and I just felt like myself normal, happy, watched a movie.Its been six hours now since first dose and I dont feel any comedown effects.Took 1mg xanax to help me sleep and I figure tommorrow I will take 5mg morning, and 5mg afternoonish.

I need to try and figure out steady times to dose because im rx'd (Prilosec 20mg(AM)Adderall10mg(AM)Xanax 2mg(2x daily)zolpidem10mg(bedtime)carafate(Bedtime) Should I take xanax before and after adderall? I dont take the 2mg at once usually its 1mg 4x day, but I mostly only take 2-3mg xanax per day.

Is it nornal to feel a comedown off just 10 mg adderall.I take it half in the morning half afternoon but around 5pm I start to feel anxiety and irritable?

I'm PRETTY sure d-amp IS dexadrine.

Doesn't D-amp stand for "dextro-amphetamine"??

yes. but I was just saying I've had it in different forms mixed. I haven't had dexedrine itself. I heard that's straight d-amp

yes. but I was just saying I've had it in different forms mixed. I haven't had dexedrine itself. I heard that's straight d-amp

Right, so dexedrine is straight D-amp.

It's good stuff.

I'm on it right now.

Never tried Adderall before but from what most people on here are saying Dexedrine feels better and is less dangerous.

Does anyone know why Adderall seems to be so much more commonly prescribed than Dex these days??

I really want to get a prescription for Dex and figure there's no point in trying to get one for Adderall instead since I know I like Dex.

Adderall is more commonly persribed because stright d-amp is Seen to have more abuse potential. But if your already persribed adderall witch is usally persribed before dex, it is pretty easy to get

Adderall is more commonly persribed because stright d-amp is Seen to have more abuse potential. But if your already persribed adderall witch is usally persribed before dex, it is pretty easy to get

Isnt adderall 75% pure dextro? Doesnt seem like it would have a much greater abuse potential. What is the difference between dextroamp and straight amp?Do they act or do differently?

I would go with Focalin without a doubt. There is evidence that Dexedrine is neurotoxic even at therapeutic doses and increases the risk of developing Parkinsons disease. Dexedrine will give you more euphoria the first few times you take it but after that you will quickly build a tolerance which in many cases is irreversible (due to the destruction of dopamine nerve endings). I was in an identical situation to yourself (choosing between dexedrine and focalin). I chose Dexedrine and I regret it. It changed my personality and I now get less joy out of things I used to enjoy massively (listening to music, sport etc.). Focalin will give you great concentration, motivation and maybe even euphoria and the effect will be pretty much the same every time you take it.

Hear zombie like feelings from alot of focalin users, cloudy mind head gonna explode, also heard Focalin feels just like cocaine snorted.I am very good at not abusing any medication except xanax,ambien(not sure if its considered abuse rx'd 4mg/day once in a while ill take 6mg/day)(ambien rx'd 10mg/night, rarely somenights I take 20mg) Not extreme abuse right??

I think if Focalin was like cocaine I would go through a months supply in a week or less (idk why but if I Get Coke (very rarely) I finish it in an hour) Not an addict Only time I do cocaine someone else buys it and its like 1-2x per year maybe if not at all. Only done it like 5 times, and im 25

Adderall is acceptable for long term treatment right? So if you take it everyday maybe you wouldnt lose the joy? I know where your coming from I was a severe alcoholic to the extreme(no beer, I needed Vodka the second I woke up till I passed out) (I DONT DRINK ANYTHING ANYMORE EVER) I did relapse once it started with one 12oz, and in not time I didnt want a damn beer or a few shots, I needed a gallon of vodka or id just be pissed.Glad im done with that now, No alcohol whatsoever for this guy.

I also apparently have ADD. I have taken Ritalin, Dexedrine, and Adderall for it in low doses, and at seperate times. I found that Ritalin worked very well for years but then it stopped working for me. So I switched to Adderall and then later Dexedrine and both of those were the same for me.

Now I do not take anything and have not in over a decade. I've never taken Focalin, Strattera, or Vyvanse.

MAKING THESWITCH

From DEXEDRINE to FOCALIN

What are your experiences Disliked or Approved with either medication? Preferability of, Costs, Availabilities, Dosing, Forms:*Generics *Brands *Manufacturer *Extended-release *Instant-release *Pro-drug How do they compare in effects negative & positive?
Effects if any, upon Individual:
*Physicality*Mentality*Personablity(Interpersonal/self)*Emotionality*Sociability(Intrapersonal/others)
Differences/Similarities between the two?
What have you felt are the most:
*Pros *Cons *Benefits *Uses *Disadvantages *Advantages *Side effects...