• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

dexamphetamine vs ecstasy

^
You talking about dex as in DXM or dex as in dex-amphetmine because if its the former then I see but if its the latter that seems really strange.

Nah dexamphetamine on 10mg. I find speed/base pretty boring but ive never had anything remotely similar.

10mg? thats a pretty small dose. Were you taking any other medication at the time?

Nup, well its was at school so i probably had bud in my system. It just sorta highlighted for my just how varied a reaction to a drug can be.

^
Very true. Thats one of the most important lessons of drugs. How every brain is different and same drug may have drastically different effects on someone even though it effects you a certain way.

But still... 10mg d-amphetamine (orally? I'm assuming) and having it the scariest 6 hours ever does seem strange. I'd stay away from stimulants if I were you.

Yeah, It is certainly very strange that someone would get such adverse reactions form such a low dose. Not impossible, but uncommon. Some drugs just don't agree with some poeple's mind or bodies.

Amphetamines are probably the best drug to give examples of paradoxical effects in drugs.

Person A takes some amphets, gets hypo, jaw clenching to the max, overly-stimulated, motor-mouth (talking too much), often paranoid out of nowhere or anxious. They can still be having a good time, not denying that. Huge amount of energy, usually followed by a crash. Often jumping back and forth between activities etc etc... the usual speed reaction. Their mind is racing.

Person B takes some amphets (same dose/tolerance), calms them down, their thoughts become clear and calculated, (alot of anxiety sufferers will tell you amps actually slow their thoughts compared the the rushing, craziness of their sober minds). They feel relaxed and calm while still having alot of energy, but it is controlled energy, they can sit down and just talk for hours or whatever. Their thoughts are not racing, infact they feel somewhat normal.

Well first of all its probably helpful to understand that Dexamphetmaine and Ecstacy (assuming ur lucky manage to find an MDMA pill) target different neurotransmitters, hence the different effect between the two.
Dexies - main effect is on dopamine - these are your "reward" neurotransmitters, its easier to concentrate on mundane tasks (like studying) when u've had a couple of dex because your brain is full of dopamine, it feels rewarded for doing stuff it normally wouldnt like.

Ecstacy - releases serotonin, this is your loved up, feel good neurotranmitter. It is responsible for happiness, well being etc. Lack of serotonin is thought to be a cause of depression.

Both drugs release the neurotransmitters into the synapse, so therefore there is bound to be some recovery time required for the reserves of either dopamine or serotonin to be replenished

Just a bit of background so you know whats going on.

On to your questions

1. Are dexies detrimental to your health

Technically yes, but if your doses are relatively low and you are not taking them very regularly then the damage to your physical health is going to be almost minuscule. You might want to watch out for psychological dependence. If you begin to use them more and more to do assignments/exams, you might come to think you cant do the work without them and will end up wasting more and more time sourcing the drugs and could potneitally lead to harder drugs eg. METH. Take them for long enough and your dopamine system downregulates in your frontal cortex, you could potentially give yourself ADD like behavoiour issues.

I am prescribed 60mgs of dex a day so if thats okay to be prescribed then i assume its not going to kill me. I do take regular breaks tho, because it does place your body under constant stress and this will show up in things like bad skin, coarse hair. etc.

2. Dexies and alcohol
Depends, dexies are metabolised in your liver, so is alcohol. Both at the same time will put your liver under more stress = bigger hang over. But its not going to kill you. You will find that drinking with dexies, you wont feel as drunk, so you need to drink even more to get pissed. I very rarely drink anyway so i cant really help much on subjective experiences.

3. How often

Dexies are nowhere near as harsh on your body as X. As long as your not downing stupid amounts of Dex, you could just swallow em and forget about it. With X you have to be careful, much more chance of overheating, potential neurotoxicity etc. Ecstacy you need time to recover from. I wouldnt recommend doing X more than once every two weeks and even then i would advocate a longer break in there. Ecstacy was never really my DoC so im just going on what my mates would do. Ecstacy definitely more harsh on your body, plus Dexies are phamaceutical quality so you know what you're getting.

Ha. Reading over this sounds like im sales rep for Sigma Phamaceuticals try to get everybody on the D-train. Wasnt sposed to come out that way, but really, you need to take A LOT of 5mg pills to do yourself some serious harm

It'd been a while since i've wanted to applaud a post, but that gives accurate, unbiased and spot on information to the user.

Well done mate. We need people like you on the mod team.

Amphetamines are probably the best drug to give examples of paradoxical effects in drugs.

Person A takes some amphets, gets hypo, jaw clenching to the max, overly-stimulated, motor-mouth (talking too much), often paranoid out of nowhere or anxious. They can still be having a good time, not denying that. Huge amount of energy, usually followed by a crash. Often jumping back and forth between activities etc etc... the usual speed reaction. Their mind is racing.

Person B takes some amphets (same dose/tolerance), calms them down, their thoughts become clear and calculated, (alot of anxiety sufferers will tell you amps actually slow their thoughts compared the the rushing, craziness of their sober minds). They feel relaxed and calm while still having alot of energy, but it is controlled energy, they can sit down and just talk for hours or whatever. Their thoughts are not racing, infact they feel somewhat normal.

Also very true... I take dexamphetamine when i need to install a car stereo or something in a car ive never done before and don't want to feel that as soon as i look at the wiring, "jeez, i cant be fucked with this".. instead im all into it and on the ball, focused and wanna get the job done, and im actually enjoying myself.

I RARELY take any kind of amphetamine, except in those kinds of circumstances - and i wouldn't be the type of person to be labeled as ADD or anything like that - but i am an extremely anxious person. Amphetamines also stop me from chewing my fingernails, which i do with much ferocity.

^ Funny I chew my fingernails to all fuck and oftentimes when on amphetamines I will do it even worse. It depends if I am not doing much and get fidgety or if I am up doing something, as long as I am focused I wont but otherwise I chew them to pieces. Alcohol also makes me chew my fingernails more a lot of the time which is unrelated thos this thread but I have always thought that was strange.

Yeah, amphets make me chew mine to the absolute shithouse

especially on the comedown...
never had that on grog though

Hello fake nails, you are my friend! Funnily enough even just having fake nails makes me less anxious on stims... ODD

This is so very true and has always amazed me.

The best explanation I have heard for this is the "hand-brake" effect amphetamines have on the brain of people like Person B.

Amphetamine's effect on the brain is more highly concentrated in the prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain responsible for organising and sorting out all the complex array of thoughts that bubble up every second of every day.

PET scans show that some people with ADD/ADHD, impulse control disorders, certain forms of anxiety, have a naturally under-functioning prefrontal cortex.
Therfore there is nothing to organise or put the "hand-brake" on all the thoughts and impulses etc that are running through that persons head. It's like having to listen to 3 or 4 different radio stations all playing at once. People say ADHD kids do things without thinking, its not true, they did think about it, the thought just got lost within a whole bunch of other thoughts.

When a person like this i.e. Person B takes amphetamine (in smallish doses) the activity in thier prefrontal cortex becomes that of a normal person, it can now orgainise their thoughts. It is like somebody turned on the lights and shut off the sound. A feeling of organisation, and cold, crisp clarity is the best way i can describe it.

It is this concentration of amphetamine's effect in the prefrontal cortex relative to the rest of the brain that explains why other drugs that increase dopamine e.g. Sinemet or nicotine are relatively ineffective in controlling these disorders.

Of course, this is just one theory. I believe it because it makes scientific sense to me but then again there are people eminently more qualified than me out there advocating that ADHD does not even exist. Each to their own.

^ Funny I chew my fingernails to all fuck and oftentimes when on amphetamines I will do it even worse. It depends if I am not doing much and get fidgety or if I am up doing something, as long as I am focused I wont but otherwise I chew them to pieces. Alcohol also makes me chew my fingernails more a lot of the time which is unrelated thos this thread but I have always thought that was strange.

Holy crap, I thought I was the only one!

I also do a few other thing's while I'm on amphetamines, such as:
Cracking my fingers, chewing fingernails, wriggling/clenching toes (especially when asleep), repetitive ocd thoughts (have them mildly while sober but its managable, on amphetamines it distracts me a lot on the comedown)

I'm really not much of an amphetamine user because of the above...MDMA is perfect though :)

I have repetitive stupid thoughts, does that count? lol

the toe thing is pretty insane though I have to say

Even days after the fact I find myself doing it 8o

I have repetitive stupid thoughts, does that count? lol

the toe thing is pretty insane though I have to say

Even days after the fact I find myself doing it 8o

Yeah, its pretty nasty lol. I don't do it when I'm sober but on meth/amp I do it to the point of having blisters on my toes. And of course I walk/run rediculous amounts and end up tired the next day lol

I have a question, is it safe to mix dex with ecstasy? I haven't experimented with dex but am a frequent pill user, anyone know what it's like and the side effects? Thanks in advance.

If this is a good combo I plan on crushing both and putting into a capsule, is this an ideal way to take them both? Once again no experience with dex :)

Vaej it is quite dangerous to combine dex with E, for one you are never 100% sure what it is you are combining your dex with. Even if it is clean, unadulterated MDMA the combination will cause an elevated heart rate which could be dangerous. Also combining an amphetamine with MDMA increases neurotoxicity quite considerably, I believe by causing oxidation of dopamine.