• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dexamphetamine overkill?

Discord1984

Greenlighter
I've been taking 50mg per day of dex for a few weeks and also pseudoephedrine cold tablets to top up. I woke up this morning and felt really weak and shaky. I can't stand up without feeling faint. I have cold sweats. Have I been overdoing it or is this a bug? Is this withdrawal (i haven't had any meds today)? Not sure if i should have some to get rid of the symptoms or lay off it and rest.

Sounds like you may need to begin managing your diet differently. Have you been eating as much as before you began using? Amphetamines reduce cravings for food, said Captain obvious, but less obviously to some of us (me) while using amphetamines is that we need to be eating more regardless to what our body tells us, and proper hydration is a must.

Last edited:
get some food and water in your stomach man, get your blood sugar levels up! And why are you taking the pseudoephedrine on top of the 50mg Dex if I may ask? That sounds like it would cause some very unpleasant PNS stimulation.

Honestly, the things people do..I think you should let your doctor treat you. The buzz disappears, and as dose increases, regardless of tolerance and effects on mood, so do the incidence of negative side effects increase. A good 15% of people that become psychotic under the influence of stimulants do not entirely return without residual effects. This is how people get forced onto antipyschotics. I realize you're not at that point right now, given that you're telling the truth, but this is what lies in the non-too-distant future if you keep trying to cop a buzz off of medication. Stimulants in particular are known, if continuously abused, to send one down to the dregs of society particularly fast. Faster than you think possible...

But, heck, caffeine up until ~300-500 mg for the tolerant is generally safe. Why not have a few cups? That's if the last 90 years of use mean anything.

But yeah it sounds like you need some nutritious food and a good rest. If you're depressed or anxious or whatever, let your doctor know so that they can prescribe a more advanced medication that can actually trick your brain into acting as prescribed without having to keep on raising the dose forever.