Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dexamphetamine acetone wash?

fuzzysun

Bluelighter
Just had a bit of a brainwave, wondering if someone here can let me know if I'm sadly misguided or not.

Regarding the 5mg Sigma dexamphetamine tablets, is it possible to crush em up and do an acetone wash on these? Maybe someone has tried it, successfully or otherwise?

I know next to nothing about chemistry. The consumer info guide for the D5s says the following about the contents of the pill:

sigma pharmaceuticals said:
Each DEXAMPHETAMINE tablet contains 5mg of the active ingredient, dexamphetamine (present as dexamphetamine sulfate).

The excipients or other non-active ingredients are povidone, lactose, starchwheat, and magnesium stearate.

I am guessing the amount of "starchwheat" does not constitute a large proportion of each tab given that later on in the MSDS it says "very low levels of gluten are present".

I did have a bit of a look for the solubility of the non-actives but with my lack of chem smarts found it all a bit confusing ("solubility inversely related to amount of solvent" etc :S). Basically I don't want to try it and waste pills when i fuck it up.

Why would you need to do an acetone wash? none of those fillers are particularly harmful unless you're planning on IVing it, and even then I would suggest you don't.

Povidone is highly water soluble, but only slightly soluble in acetone.
Lactose is highly water soluble, but virtually insoluble in acetone. It is highly soluble in ethanol, however.
Starchwheat has varying solubility as it is not a single chemical. Certain components will dissolve more easily than others.
Magnesium stearate is INSOLUBLE in water, but soluble in acetone.
Amphetamines are soluble in water and acetone.

Your acetone solution would contain d-amphetamine sulphate, some povidone, some extracts of starchwheat, and magnesium stearate.
Your remaining solids would be the rest of the starchwheat, most of your povidone, and most of your lactose.

In otherwords, a royal mess.

Don't do it.

I've heard of people doing an extraction fairly successfully in other threads on here. There's a good reason to extract it - try snorting lots of pills with binder and you'll understand.

This thread might help.

Last edited:
I've heard of the tablets being mixed with warm (sterile ie boiled) water then run through a micropore filter (ie pill filter). But the unwanted filler molecules need to be large enough for the filter to filter them out -- which i doubt is the case

Since dexamphetamine is the only ingredient that is soluble in both water and acetone, shouldn't you be able to dissolve in acetone, filter, dry, then dissolve in water, filter and dry again? The resulting liquid should be dexamphetamine with none of the other ingredient (except the starch wheat, which should be only a very small amount of the solution).

You would need a filter that filters quite small particles I assume, but it should leave you, when completely dry, with a product that is almost entirely dexamphetamine.

I don't know what complications the starch wheat would have when IVed but I would assume it would be great for snorting.

Someone with better chem knowledge should really verify this.

Amphetamine sulphate is only slightly soluble in acetone. The best method would be to do an A/B on the sulphate i.e. form the freebase, wash with water, recrystallise with dilute sulphuric acid. A search should uncover older threads that address this matter. Also realise that, in the eyes of the law, such an operation could be seen as manufacturing.

on a related topic, on passing oxycontin/water through a micron filter, would the water soluble binders/fillers cause reason for concern for IV admin?

Yeah I guess what I was wondering was if dex is the only major ingredient that is acetone soluble. Seems not to quite be the case as far as I can tell from the replies? I'm guessinh the Magnesium Stearate forms the majority of the pill?

And yes the reason I ask is for snorting purposes%) I can rail maybe 3 max in a session before my nose gets fucked and the shit clogs my entire nostril. Its very hard to do any significant amount at all if your nose is even just partly blocked. Another benefit would be that, for me anyway, the drip would be tolerable. It doesnt seem that bad at first, the drip from railin D's is awful after having done a lot of them. And obviously it'd make it easier to do bigger doses at a time and it would hit harder.