• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Dexamfetamine to stop Methamphetamine Cravings

That is interesting information to know, thanks for the insight. Do you have the DOI for the study by chance?
No I can't remember where I seen it exactly.maybe I have a copy on a usb some where but I'm not 100%. If I find it I'll send you a link.one area I'm quite interested in is treatment like methadone programs for other drugs like amphetamine coke and pot.im sure America could use one for coke/crack addicts.it would be a win/win for society and the users but the government is just denying the social benefits/physical and mental health benefits/legal benefits and medical advice that this is a good idea just so they don't have to admit that there approach over the last 50yrs was wrong.

Last edited:
No I can't remember where I seen it exactly.maybe I have a copy on a usb some where but I'm not 100%. If I find it I'll send you a link.one area I'm quite interested in is treatment like methadone programs for other drugs like amphetamine coke and pot.im sure America could use one for coke/crack addicts.it would be a win/win for society and the users but the government is just denying the social benefits/physical and mental health benefits/legal benefits and medical advice that this is a good idea just so they don't have to admit that there approach over the last 50yrs was wrong.
I couldnt find your numbers but I did find a study. It describes a variety of treatments for methamphetamine dependence and most aren't working too well from the looks of it... However, D-amp is showing promise. Here's the link and the quote.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2883750/

Dextroamphetamine (d-amphetamine)
Dextroamphetamine promotes release of dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin. Despite the fact that this compound has a high potential for abuse, maintenance programs using d-amphetamine have reported positive outcomes, such as decrease in amphetamine use and injecting [68]. A double-blind, controlled clinical trial indicated that d-amphetamine may be effective for the treatment of cocaine dependence [69] and a small pilot open trial suggested that d-amphetamine may increase treatment engagement in patients with methamphetamine dependence [70]. Preliminary results of an Australian double-blind placebo-controlled trial with sustained release (SR) d-amphetamine (from 20 to 110 mg day−1) demonstrated increased retention and a lower level of dependence in the SR d-amphetamine group. This study provides preliminary evidence that SR d-amphetamine may be an efficacious treatment option for methamphetamine dependence [71].

I couldnt find your numbers but I did find a study. It describes a variety of treatments for methamphetamine dependence and most aren't working too well from the looks of it... However, D-amp is showing promise. Here's the link and the quote.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2883750/

Dextroamphetamine (d-amphetamine)
Dextroamphetamine promotes release of dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin. Despite the fact that this compound has a high potential for abuse, maintenance programs using d-amphetamine have reported positive outcomes, such as decrease in amphetamine use and injecting [68]. A double-blind, controlled clinical trial indicated that d-amphetamine may be effective for the treatment of cocaine dependence [69] and a small pilot open trial suggested that d-amphetamine may increase treatment engagement in patients with methamphetamine dependence [70]. Preliminary results of an Australian double-blind placebo-controlled trial with sustained release (SR) d-amphetamine (from 20 to 110 mg day−1) demonstrated increased retention and a lower level of dependence in the SR d-amphetamine group. This study provides preliminary evidence that SR d-amphetamine may be an efficacious treatment option for methamphetamine dependence [71].
I remember it was conducted in Sydney.ill have a look and see if I can get it

Well I finished my last 2 points of meth this morning (which I barely felt) and have a solid supply of dexies to attempt to manage the transition from fucked up to focussed. I’m going to go cold turkey for a couple of days with benzos and anti-psychotics and then start on 80 mg d-amp daily and attempt to gradually bring it down to my prescribed dose of 30 mg over 3 months.

Wish me luck!

Cok
Not to be a debbie downer, but IME, deleting contacts never stopped a determined addict on a mission lol.
And this is just personally speaking, but alcohol is number one on my rather modest list of people, places and things which induce severe cravings. For whatever reason it causes the worst cravings for other substances.
Every relapse I've ever had, happened after drinking.

Good luck Sir.
I can relate bc a ride to Boozeville will often cause me to head on over to Drugtown!!! I think it’s fairly common. These cities are only a short distance from each other!!!!

Well I finished my last 2 points of meth this morning (which I barely felt) and have a solid supply of dexies to attempt to manage the transition from fucked up to focussed. I’m going to go cold turkey for a couple of days with benzos and anti-psychotics and then start on 80 mg d-amp daily and attempt to gradually bring it down to my prescribed dose of 30 mg over 3 months.

Wish me luck!
U definitely need a break.