• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Dexamfetamine to stop Methamphetamine Cravings

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Anyone had any success with this strategy I know they just cancelled a trial hospital program in Australia because it was found not to be effective.

Any ideas on dosages? Would it have to be near equivalent to previous meth intake? I was taking about a gram IV a week of quality meth (usually in 48 hour period) and got intense cravings 2-3 days later thus repeating the cycle.

I have endless supply of dex but even 100 mg does not seem to cut into meth cravings. Also I don’t really feel any stimulant effect from it - except maybe my meth comedown is a bit less soul destroying. Maybe my craving is actually for the rush more than the high.

I don’t really want to be abusing dex for no purpose if it doesn’t help. However, i really need to quit meth for any number of reasons.

I no longer crave meth now that I'm on d-amp (vyvanse). I don't even desire to vape drugs either, which used to be an equally strong part of the craving. It took maybe 4-5 months though before the desire/feeling totally passed. I had to intentionally avoid until then.

I had to intentionally avoid until then.
Thanks. That’s a good point. I have a huge number of triggers - including BL! I might have to go to ground for a while until the dex really takes effect. It’s worked for me before (for cocaine cravings) but only in conjunction with an antipsychotic which I don’t want to take now.

Reactions: CFC
I dabbled in methamphetamine years ago - usually just a toke or two as the pipe was being passed around. A few dexamphetamine tablets was an effective substitute for that kind of use (certainly better than the MSM cut gear).

If you're accustomed to high doses of IV meth, 5mg dexies probably won't ring the same bell though. Kind of like a crack smoker switching to coca tea.

Maybe after an extended tolerance break, dexamphetamine will work more efficiently for you again.

I dabbled in methamphetamine years ago - usually just a toke or two as the pipe was being passed around. A few dexamphetamine tablets was an effective substitute for that kind of use (certainly better than the MSM cut gear).

If you're accustomed to high doses of IV meth, 5mg dexies probably won't ring the same bell though. Kind of like a crack smoker switching to coca tea.

Maybe after an extended tolerance break, dexamphetamine will work more efficiently for you again.

Thanks. You are right. The only problem is I have to stop the meth long enough for a tolerance break. I was hoping a decent sized dose of dexies would help with that - but so far not really. I took 100 mg of dexies today and still ended up wilting and having a shot of meth around midnight.

Thanks. You are right. The only problem is I have to stop the meth long enough for a tolerance break. I was hoping a decent sized dose of dexies would help with that - but so far not really. I took 100 mg of dexies today and still ended up wilting and having a shot of meth around midnight.

Honestly, I would also struggle to stop taking meth if I had any around. I think most people would tbh. That includes losing your sources. You can't wilt if you don't have any around and no easy access to more.

Honestly, I would also struggle to stop taking meth if I had any around. I think most people would tbh. That includes losing your sources. You can't wilt if you don't have any around and no easy access to more.
Yep. I’ve deleted every contact I know and blocked all their numbers on my phone. Fortunately I live far away from them all so little chance of bumping into them at the pub or wherever.

It’s amazing how triggering it is to receive a message from a contact saying “fresh food available if you’re hungry mate”!!

Reactions: CFC
Yep. I’ve deleted every contact I know and blocked all their numbers on my phone. Fortunately I live far away from them all so little chance of bumping into them at the pub or wherever.

Not to be a debbie downer, but IME, deleting contacts never stopped a determined addict on a mission lol.
And this is just personally speaking, but alcohol is number one on my rather modest list of people, places and things which induce severe cravings. For whatever reason it causes the worst cravings for other substances.
Every relapse I've ever had, happened after drinking.

Good luck Sir.

Last edited:
Not to be a debbie downer, but IME, deleting contacts never stopped a determined addict on a mission lol.
And this is just personally speaking, but alcohol is number one on my rather modest list of people, places and things which induce severe cavings. Booze for whatever reason causes the worst cravings for other substances.
Every relapse I've ever had, was because of alcohol.

Good luck Sir.
Thanks. Fortunately I don’t drink anymore (and fortunately have no cravings for booze) - but in the past I have busted on other drugs because they seemed like a good idea after a few drinks.

It’s amazing how triggering it is to receive a message from a contact saying “fresh food available if you’re hungry mate”!!

For real. I also used to go through my old phone call record to find numbers I'd deleted when a craving became insane. So bear in mind that blocking numbers may not be enough to completely cut off a former source...

And this is just personally speaking, but alcohol is number one on my rather modest list of people, places and things which induce severe cavings. Booze for whatever reason causes the worst cravings for other substances.
Every relapse I've ever had, was because of alcohol.

Good luck Sir.

Alcohol is the #1 cause of relapse, and so many addicts (determined to recover or not) REFUSE to believe that!

Alcohol is the #1 cause of relapse, and so many addicts (determined to recover or not) REFUSE to believe that!
Even to quit smoking I had to quit drinking. It's like one sip and all resolutions and commitments are forgotten. Thankfully, I basically quit drinking permanenetly and have had a lot less drama in my life since.

Drinking puts you into fuck it mode I think, I had a couple beers a week ago and it’s like it raised my anxiety and made me wanna use way more then normal

Yeah. Lots of people here also recommend drinking for stim comedowns but I reckon that is just a recipe for intensified anxiety and shitty sleep.

for myself 5-meo dmt freed me of cravings and addiction to stimulants. Doing more stimulants kind of just increased my cravings since it wouldn't be satisfying enough.

When I'm not on meth- abusing the hell out of it I do have a vyvanse script which I take reasonably well. It's a good replacer, its great for some focus and energy issues I have (many symptoms of ADD).

I do honestly have a bit of a hard time taking my recommended dose some days though. I take 60mg a day but sometimes I'll take more and then I have to stop for a few days to complete the month or I run out early. It helps, but be careful. It can easily lead to more meth too... vyvnase is just like it at higher dose, maybe even better because its pharmaceutical grade clean, and when its gone meth can be a very real option that runs through the mind. I used meth the first time when I was 15, used it again at 19, then 20, once or twice each. Had a minor habit at 24-25 and then from 26-29 I've been struggling bad with it. The vyvnase is a lifesaver but its also possibly leading to some of my downfalls. Just force yourself to take your meds at the regular dose, and be careful. Pretend its like methadone or something, whatever works.

Your playing with fire, it could be a cool flame to keep you from going out of control or it could start the forest burning again. Its hard to see the trees let alone the forest when it's all burning down. Just be careful, please.

I read a study they did where they gave meth/cocaine users 70-110mg doses dexamphetamine sulfate daily and apparently they had a 70% success rate at eliminating or reducing illicit meth use over a 3 month period.

What do they prescribe yvanese for?

I read a study they did where they gave meth/cocaine users 70-110mg doses dexamphetamine sulfate daily and apparently they had a 70% success rate at eliminating or reducing illicit meth use over a 3 month period.

That is interesting information to know, thanks for the insight. Do you have the DOI for the study by chance?

That’s exactly the info I was after. I probably have a large enough stockpile of dex to dose that level for a couple of months.