• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Detoxing off opiates with another drug

Opieguy12

Greenlighter
Swim has been using opiates on and off for about 12 years nd always maintained somewhat control if needed to stop was always able to do it(usually with suboxone)..now swim has been using everyday for 2 years straight( never used as much and never used everyday during past 12 years) ..now swim for the first time does not know how to get off or even just reduce dosage to half of current dosage would make swim happy(small victories as swims sees it )..now Swim has been doing a ton of research but can't quite find an answer or any opinions to a question..which is will cocaine help swim ease withdrawals? Btw swim has done cocaine for 12 years on and off usually partying nd never felt addicted to it..any opinions ? Also swim cannot get prescribed suboxone anymore bc currently is on benzos for panic attacks nd anxiety nd no doctor will prescribe subs while on benzos( swim has horrible panic attacks and cant be off benzos at this time) any opinions will be greatly appreciated..thankyou( swim has used this site for years but this is swims first post hope everything is correct)

You've made that difficult to read. You may get more answers if you remove swim and replace it with me/I etc.. ;)

From what knowledge I have, Cocaine will do anything but dampen withdrawal symptoms. I would always guess that a sedative would ease Opiate withdrawals rather than stimulants.. But I may be wrong?

I would certainly not choose cocaine whatsoever.

For me the most effective drugs for detoxing from opiates have been.

Lofexidine
Pregabalin
A benzo of some sort, preferably a hypnotic one.
Cannabis

Dunno if you can get lofexidine in the us? Most people dont know about here either but it helps a lot?

How much have you been using? I personally have had success with Kratom and various herbs (chamomile,lemon balm,kava, turmeric,cayenne).Cannabis and CBD are useful at certain times as well.

Thankyou all for your feedback.. wish was able to use benzos to get off iv heard thats what most people have success with but tolerance for benzos is alrdy high due to taking benzos for the past 10 years for severe anxiety and panic attacks(they are prescribed by doctor) ..nd current dosage is about 1 bun a day of dope and ingestion is intranasal (10 glassine envelopes).does kratom really work? Or does it onli work if someone was on low dose opiods such as percocet,oxy etc. Thanks again

I have seen people stop using heroin with crack and methamphetamine. They just kept on smoking heavily for nearly a week but I never tried it and I really can't imagine being on crack while withdrawling but they said that they barely felt the sickness.
A friend of mine went through withdrawal pretty comfortably on IV Lorezapam and Clonidine. Some people say that Ketamine works very well.
I think that a cocktail of comforting medications (Pregabalin, Gabapentin, Ondansetron, Loperamide, Clonidine, Lorezapam, Ropinirole and some Indica strain weed if you are one of those that cannabis works well during withdrawal) is one of the best routes to take.

Thanks for the advice..nd a similar experience happend to swim a few years ago getting off suboxone..swim went on a 4 day binger of crack nd after the 4th day didn't even notice he forgot to take the suboxones...dunno if the same aplies to dope but the hugeee thing about the crack is it has to be good stuff the nice mellow kind to work i believe bc if it's all cut up it will have you speedy nd jumping off the walls therefore worsening the withdrawals..ketamine I believe wud be great if it was available but around here its not..but swim will be researching the other things yu mentioned and see if they are available..thankyu again..if anyone else has any cocktails they think might help or has been in the same situation as swim please post your opinion( o and btw swim has been on benzos for 10 years now to treat anxiety nd panic attacks so tolerance may be too high for any benzos to actually do the job

I went from 60-120 mg, sometimes more, IV morphine daily to subs then to Kratom, I wish I woulda skipped the sub step altogether or in not altogether just a small taper of a month. I just let the allure of stockpiling them overcome my logic. I get great effects/relief/use from Kratom and other herb combos. Dosages vary so do something experimenting but I can say that it works wonderfully beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Gabapentiods are also of value in your situation as well as other common uppers and downers, I wouldn’t recommend binging on either but reasonable doses of stims can help, just consider the rebound effects or how the muscle tension will wreck you and leave you on pain, needing more of the opiates you’re trying to be rid of. I can’t stress enough the importance of healthy eating during the taper/wd. Protein, healthy fats, fruits and veggies, staying hydrated ect...

Last edited:
Gabapentiods are also of value in your situation as well as other common uppers and downers, I wouldn’t recommend binging on either but reasonable doses of stims can help, just consider the rebound effects or how the muscle tension will wreck you and leave you on pain, needing more of the opiates you’re trying to be rid of. I can’t stress enough the importance of healthy eating during the taper/wd. Protein, healthy fats, fruits and veggies, staying hydrated ect...
I can confirm, while I don't reccomend you to use cocaine, i've successfully used cocaine to negate the withdrawal symptoms of opiates as a very heavy user. aswell the combo of pregabalin (a gabapentinoid) + amphetamine (or methamphetamine) has also worked, but for myself, the longest i've gone without a dose of opiates is 36 hours in the last 5 years.

Weed, benzos, weak opiates if you have any? I'm trying myself at the moment.

Thnx for all the advice..i see some have had sucess adding kratom...any other opinions on it? Also does anyone else have a hard time sleeping a good night's sleep after doing H..swim feels like he hasn't had a good night sleep in years..constantly waking up every hour..i believe it's bc morphine keeps the user wired...swim has seen and talked to many friends who say they sleep like baby's nd no1 else seems to have this problem..and every hour swim wakes up he must take a tiny piece of xanax to go back to sleep (very tiny)but truly feels the body is never in REM sleep. Thanks again!

Thnx for all the advice..i see some have had sucess adding kratom...any other opinions on it? Also does anyone else have a hard time sleeping a good night's sleep after doing H..swim feels like he hasn't had a good night sleep in years..constantly waking up every hour..i believe it's bc morphine keeps the user wired...swim has seen and talked to many friends who say they sleep like baby's nd no1 else seems to have this problem..and every hour swim wakes up he must take a tiny piece of xanax to go back to sleep (very tiny)but truly feels the body is never in REM sleep. Thanks again!

Kratom has been helping me.
I have had to cut down to a lower dosage of MS Contin for a few more days and Kratom is covering 30 mg MS Contin without issue.
I am pretty impressed.

I would be having this sleep issue without it right now.

Wow that sounds great im glad to hear its helping you! If yu dunt mind me asking is your dosage just 1 30mg contin a day? Or did ya work down from a higher dose?

My dosage is 2-3 30 mg MS Contin a day.
I had to take the 3 a day a lot at the beginning of my prescription this month as I had The Flu and I was having MAJOR side effects from getting 40 Botox injections all over my face, head, and neck for severe migraine headaches.
on top of my normal chronic pain.
I was freaking out!!

So I took 90 mg MS Contin for two full weeks!

Now I have had to drop down to 60mg a day.
I usually take 75 mg a day and do not stray from there!

The Kratom in just a small amount (like 2 1/2 grams) is keeping away the withdrawal I would feel from that kind of drop.
It also is covering the increased pain I am still having.
So, I can use Kratom occasionally for flare up’s instead of using more MS Contin.

Kratom has a lot of stimulant action I have noticed.
You do not want to take too much of it or it makes you dizzy and nauseated.

I underestimated the strength of it!

Just be careful as I have heard Kratom packs it’s own withdrawal but is over in 3 days.
I am just going to use it very sparingly after I get my prescription refilled and get back on track.
I do not want to get a dependency for Kratom.
I want it to work well for emergencies!

I think it would ease your discomfort though and you could just taper it down.

It is a WAY better option than Lope.

O wow yes iv seemed to underestimate it too..i figured since it was legal it couldn't possibly be that strong...wud yu be able to compare kratom to like a 5mg dose of Vicodin or codeine? I didn't think so but since on the subject misewell ask lol

O wow yes iv seemed to underestimate it too..i figured since it was legal it couldn't possibly be that strong...wud yu be able to compare kratom to like a 5mg dose of Vicodin or codeine? I didn't think so but since on the subject misewell ask lol

It feels different. Not really a comparable feeling.
It lacks something.
clear and clean euphoria.
But it is good for withdrawal and has a stimulant action.
it makes me horny. Lol! ☺😝
It is a nice buzz. Has some pain killing properties to it.

But it is holding off mild morphine withdrawal and that is pretty potent!

Yup clean bc the soda pulls out all the nasty cuts they use these days on powder..smh :/...nd omg I thought I was the onli one it put in the mood hahaha everyone I brought that up too said uhhh nope lol