• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Detoxing as quickly as possible and Rapid Detox Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds pretty good except for "10. Kaopectate (bismuth subsalicylate)- For the diarrhoea but mostly for the nausea."

Is incorrect. Bismuth subsalicylate is Pepto Bismol, not Kaopectate. Kaopectate is a suspension of Kaolin Clay.

Also, if you can only get non prescription stuff, imodium (loperamide) is probably the most important thing to get. It is an opiod that does not cross into the brain, but it does calm down the opiod receptors in the GI tract, eliminating diaroea, cramps, pain and all other stomach/digestive related problems, and some people swear that if you take enough if it it eliminates all W/D symptoms.

Last edited:
Naltrexone is the main chemical used in UROD (Ultra-Rapid Opioid Detox). Narcan (Naloxone) is only used as a minor component in the beginning of an UROD under anaesthesia or sedation procedure. After being put under, most doctors who offer this treatment write that they first inject a small dose of Naloxone (Narcan) to gauge the patient response (i.e. to make sure you do not have an adverse reaction, allergic reaction, vomiting into your mask, etc). If everything goes according to plan, a second test dose of Narcan (Naloxone) is given, though higher in dose than the first injection: again, to test your reaction and make sure nothing adverse happens. After this the Naltrexone (Revia, Vivitrol) is introduced and given by infusion I believe.

As far as a 'home UROD', there are theoretically possible scenarios that don't involve anaesthesia. However, the amount of pain, discomfort, despair, and the huge risks of performing such a procedure alone at home are so high it probably has worse odds than Russian Roulette for making it out safe and alive.

There is a very good reason why UROD is done in an ICU at a hospital (Intensive Care Unit). Despite being in an ICU with several trained doctors, nurses and support staff on the scene, with advanced medical equipment and a full pharmacy, some patients still die during this procedure. So, no, homebake UROD is out of the question.

uld dosing is something that's only done in a lab.

do a search for naltrexone, i posted a thread about my experience with precipitated withdrawals.

URD has always seemed like some seriously dodgy shit to me. From everything I've read the stress on the body seems severe, and of course it likes to take some junkies hearts as prizes. Like they haven't been beaten up enough in their life. I've always had this mental image of some comparable system except for exercise that knocked you the fuck out and then electro shocked all your muslces to move constantly for 24 hours. Kind of like a heavy metal meets the matrix nightmare. Noooo thank you. Plus I've known two people that did it (at behest of family/loved ones) and both of them didn't waste much time at all delving back into full-time degeneracy. I have a theory about that that pain helps you remember why it's bad to be a fuck up. On one level, where is the reason not to backslide when you just blinked and woke up not being sick in the mornings? I know the money and the typical i.let.them.down but that shit isn't pumping at a primal level like fear of extended pain, ya know?

Anyway like most people I think I consider the physical part to be pretty minor as opposed to the mental part of staying clean day after day. Really I feel like WD's have become somewhat of a shit been there enough not to worry too much (doesn't save the actually period of but). Even the first time I kicked at various tiers (heavy hydro/smoking/and so on) I was never too worried. I've never been able to figure out people who let kicking a small habit bully them into a big one. Or hearing about somebody kicking low oxy and I'm like yeah, i get it, you gots the flu. Sorry if I'm offending anyone I'm not judging I'm just explaining. That said I've never done a real huge habit or many-year and I understand how that could be a blockade and Maybe I'd want to be rapid and under for something like that, I dunno.

Mental though I see that as the whole game though eh? For me at least.

I'm sure this gets a lot of people pointing and laughing, but Ibogaine sure seems interesting. I've read a lot about it, but it was all bull until a guy I know decided to - he was pretty much half lost by that point in everyones opinion. He did it at the place just over the border from SD. Everyone gave him shit about going from calling him an idiot to telling him his organs would be on the black market. He did the whole suite minus the NA but he says only the ibogaine really mattered. We're not that tight and it seemed very personal so I never got an extremely detailed account, but damned if he hasn't looked back for a second for nearly 4 years now. Married with a kid and a lawn mower. Anyway good for him he needed it.

Err, uhh, sorry OP this has nothing to do with your problem. But basically, what are you gonna do? You figure out 3 days before you need to be straight that you're going to kick? There is no magic wand that speeds up time right.

Oh, I guess I have one thing. Honestly I have no idea if this works for anyone else but I've used it a few times with good success. Basically if I need to be functional and not appearing totally dead for a few hours give or take as long as it's not the worst I'll add to the usual a couple dramamine, some ginger, zinc, a B12 shot (I really think this helps) and take some speed. Between all that it pretty much gives me enough energy to seem normal and enough color to not look like a zombie. No way that works all day though or magically makes you normal so you can study. But it's something.

morphene,

the magic wand that speeds up time is called Heroin.

UROD, and its many manifestations (anaesthesia, no anaesthesia, Midazolam, no Midazolam, any of them use Nalmefene or are they too cheap to use $50 of the fifteen grand they charge for a better antagonist?) deserves a lot more attention, funding, trials and interest. I would be interested to know if any tests have been done with dissociative anaesthetics at sub-anaesthetic doses for antagonist detox. Using general anaesthesia is really the only severe health risk of the entire procedure. Unless a patients constitution is so weak that withdrawal will kill them (in which case they would have been screened out), this procedure sans general anaesthetics would not have a way to be fatal.

Well, they release low levels of endorphins, nothing that can compare to H obviously. But I'm wondering if anyone else here who has been through WD finds that they get less pleasure out of eating?

I have been enjoying food for 40 years on marijuana and the last 6 on narcotics and weed. Food is 99% better on the drugs. Off drugs food is just to stay alive, enjoyment level is low.

Re: rapid detoxes
Rapid detoxes are pretty crappy imo. They're risky, and you'll still have a good tolerance when you wake up. And I highly doubt that you'll be up and running as soon as you wake up...
Not true. Just the opposite. With proper RD they put you in deep anesthesia while Naltrexalone and other goodies purge your receptors of opiates. If you were to dose two days later without any further administration of Naltrexalone you could OD with just a portion of your previous opie dose.

Here's a detox recipe that I edited to greater suite my needs. It's called the Thomas recipe for opiate detox. My recipe uses a few RX drugs that are relatively easy to get from your doc along with some OTC meds.
If you use this recipe right it will help you get though withdrawl comfortabley and even might make it painlessly.
With all due respect, I don't know who this Akomplice is. But the above statement is a tad bit ludicrous. When you come off a decent powerful opie run, you've got a big monkey or gorilla with you. And he's gonna be awfully pissed when you cut off his food supply. A bit of carnation ,ovaltine, heck even benzos and clonadine aint going to appease him. The recipe outlined here may help ease a bit, especially with minor opies not used too long. There is no free ticket here: you play, you pay. It is brutal and it sucks WAY more than anything on this earth should be allowed to suck. CT is the only way to go IMO, to get it over fast. Benzos are a must for sleeping through the first several days. That is unless you don't mind spending your night hours in the same hell as your daytime hours. Three days isn't close to reasonable. But if you are young, strong, haven't been using too long, and it's your first CT, it won't be as bad as if the opposite were true. "I love opies. Opies suck" You get it?

"11. Candy, Chocolate. - Sugar/Chocolate has shown to have some of the same properties of heroin. It releases endorphins that are natural opiates. The same can be said for exercising. If you can force yourself to exercise you will feel much better for a couple hours afterwards. More on this later.."
Lord, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but some of this bad info might lead someone to beleive they can jump on this opie merry-go-round and have a free ticket off. About the chocolate, when you've been saturating your mu receptors with massive doses of artificial endorphins(opiates), a bit of chocolate won't have a chance of stimulating enough endorphin production for a mouse to feel. How many here have been quaffing massive doses of OCs for a year or three, and then one day tried chewing on a couple of Norcos? Did you feel the hydro? Heck no. How much less would you feel minuscule endorphin release form some chocolate? It takes a while for you to re-establish natural endorphin production after detox.

morphene,

this procedure sans general anaesthetics would not have a way to be fatal.
Maybe not fatal, but you sure would wish you were dead during the two +- hours the Naltrexalone was shooting you to the center of the earth in WD hell. Sort of like amplifying four days of WD (the initial physical stages) into the space of three hours. That's the reason for the anesthetic. BTW I went through RDD last year. You can read about my experience on the PORG. My same handle there.

Great thread idea guys. I have a few related questions for the brains of bl.

First a few people keep saying endorphine this and endorphine that. I thought opies dealt with dopamine. Am I wrong, is it the same thing what's the deal.

Second, the idea is that you take something to force you into precipitated wd to speed up the process right. If one were to dose their opiate/opiod of choice and then while high hit themselves with a dose of suboxone do the same? I know it can cause precipitated wd first hand but I took a massive dose of oxy during it so I'm not sure what would happen if I didn't. Would the worst of the wd be over or would the bupe take over and put ya right back at square one. I've been curious about what happens after a suboxone induced precipitated wd if you didn't continue bupe use after.

Just curious as I'm not nor pretend to be a pharmacists or something but I assume the bupe would take over.

^the word endorphin is a portmanteau of 'endogenous' and 'morphine' and could otherwise be stated as morphine-like substances you produce naturally. If endorphins are the glucose you produce naturally, morphine is the sucrose you eat in foods (as one example).

Endorphins as well as exogenous opioids and opiates all work on opioid receptors primarily. These will also have an indirect effect on dopamine through the pleasure centers of the brain (VTA, NAcc, etc.) as anything pleasurable will (food, sex, video games, most drugs) but opioids do not work directly on dopamine via reuptake inhibition or by blocking dopamine transporters the way that cocaine and amphetamines do.

I am bumping this from pending deletion because I think rapid detox protocols as well as at-home detox methods are a good topic of discussion.

What are your thoughts, BLers?

Last edited:
In my experience (6 yrs running), there's no way to avoid the WD's. The most horrific part is the insomnia. If you can, get some xanax and try to sleep through as much as possible. this wont be possible after day 4 as your bowels will part like the Red Sea. The other meds listed in the thread will help to some degree, but trust me-the lack of sleep is by far the worst (physically, mentally and emotionally).

Good Luck.

Greetings all, just had to register and chime in here - I was very concerned by the mention on this thread to take a dose of 3 grams of Melatonin. Forgive me if I'm wrong but that is 1,000 times the recommended highest dose and seems quite excessive if not dangerous and I can only hope it was a typo and meant as 3mg. I've scoured the web to check the 3 grams mentioned in hopes of educating myself to some unknown therapeutic dosing, and nothing comes close. Please correct me if I'm wrong in my interpretation. I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Greetings all, just had to register and chime in here - I was very concerned by the mention on this thread to take a dose of 3 grams of Melatonin. Forgive me if I'm wrong but that is 1,000 times the recommended highest dose and seems quite excessive if not dangerous and I can only hope it was a typo and meant as 3mg. I've scoured the web to check the 3 grams mentioned in hopes of educating myself to some unknown therapeutic dosing, and nothing comes close. Please correct me if I'm wrong in my interpretation. I would greatly appreciate your feedback.
Yes, 3 grams of melatonin is an incredibly high dosage and no one should take that much. A normal dose is something between 0.5-3 milligram

I'll close this thread for now, as it's pretty old and we have enough active threads about this

Status
Not open for further replies.