• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Detox HELP. Trying to quit heroin need help

Jh8254

Greenlighter
Well this weekend is it. I'm taking off work Friday and starting my detox Thursday when I get off. I'm addicted to heroin. I got suboxone to help but am scared shitless. I've been down this road before but this it I've made promises and I can't go on like this. It seems like as soon as I take the suboxone 30 minutes later I go into terrible withdrawals. Last time I tried I took 1 1/2 subs and when it started I took another one. I was throwing up violently and diarrhea came right after and it was a horrible pain. I only lasted a day and half before giving up. Does anybody know a better less painful way? I don't smoke weed but I was thinking about getting real high to help with the pain. Any thoughts or suggestions from somebody that's been through this would be very much appreciated. I'm willing to try anything. I got Thursday night till Monday to get straight cause I'm out of vacation time.

Welcome to BL jh8254.
I suggest you seek for medical support/advice, specially if you are quitting heroin and have not been informed about how to use suboxone accordingly.
You should wait 24 hours or more before taking Suboxone. The idea of doing this treatment is to get you off street drugs.
Good luck
E.

Look up precipitated withdrawal. A big issue makind inducing bupe hard.

I've read up on precipitated withdrawals and was thinking that maybe taking to much suboxone isn't necessarily helping. But I've also read that Loperamide (Imodium) works similar to suboxone so I think I'm going to take one sub, a crap load of Imodium, and smoke a lot of weed and try to ride it out.

Wait at least 24 hours without ANYTHING before taking suboxone. That includes immodium, and tiny amounts from rinses etc. If you take immodium, any remotely serious habit and you're talking 30-100 of the 2mg pills before any relief.

Do not use lope. It can possibly cause precipitated withdrawal, but will damage your heart possibly fatally when used either too long or more likely in high doses.

Pretty much. My girlfriend is going to check in on me periodically but I don't want her to see me throwing up and all the other stuff that come with it.

I think I'm just going to stick with the suboxone. I've read that to much can give a negative effect like precipitated withdrawal. Last time I took 2 1/2 in a short period of time. Any suggestions on how much and how often I should take them?

Well you need her to be there every minute I've done it before. 4 bag a day for over a yr and went cold turkey. You'll go thur Hell for 36hrs to 72hrs and you need someone there to stop you from going to cop. All I had was 8 sleeping pills and be prepared to be soo weak you wont be able to get up and do nothing. Not even walking to the kitchen. You need someone there and just tough it out man

Do not use lope. It can possibly cause precipitated withdrawal, but will damage your heart possibly fatally when used either too long or more likely in high doses.

Fuck, I just wrote a big post and it got deleted. Anyway, how does loperamide cause precipitated withdrawal? Nor had I heard about it damaging your heart - most opiate WD threads I've read just say slam as much imodium syrup as you can afford and wait for the WD to settle... you.

so I'm just gonna paste what I just said to one of the other 50 threads about quitting heroin and hope it can apply to you

Did you make your own thread already? I didn't look but if you did I guess this post's redundant.
Anyway, sounds like you couldn't have done your subs better. Starting out at 1mg is the way to go because the amount of naloxone present in 1mg of subonxone isn't enough to put you into precipitated withdrawals even if you've just recently dosed on opiates.

Smiling does feel unfamiiliar after being junked out for a while.. the feeling of a true, honest, naturally-induced smiile (that's not from realizing your dealer finally got back to you) is a beautiful thing, a powerful thing, and sometimes it can hit you pretty hard when you've been junked out for so long that you forgot how to smile. my first smiles always bring tears to my eyes when I start detoxing.

if you started dosing at 1mg sub and feel fine, DON'T increase your dosage. that'd only lead to tolerance and more problems. if 1mg was strong enough to kill your WDs, stay at 1mg for four or five days and then taper down to 0.75 for a couple days, then 0.5, then 0.25, 0.125 or whevnever you feel comfortable jumping off. If 1mg doesn't do ya well, which it likely won't, titrate your doses up - 2mg, 3mg. you don't want to get blasted, you just want to feel normal. suboxone has a way of making you feel genuinely happy - it makes you feel like you did before you ever touched opiates, somehow - so in that sense you're not really high, just... happy. nostalgic, almost. subs are amazing. but, yeah, you don't want to develop a sub habit because they're a real bitch to quit.

You can always grab a small bag of kratom for when you do jump off, too - maybe just thirty grams to keep you through any residual withdrawals. Kratom's a godsend for withdrawals - if you don't know, it's a southeast Asian plant whose primary active alkaloid acts as an opioid and absolutely destroys dope sickness. it is addictive in itself which is why I'd suggest just getting a small bag, maybe an ounce.d

I will look although recently there was a post how improper lope use is leading to perfectly healthy people dieing with the only explination being high level lope. It is becoming a fed epidemic probably leading to no more OTC lope and only prescribed. Basically it has something to do with affecting heart rythem and qt prlongation. It is no joke people wake up gasping for air looking pale as a ghost serriously fearing they were just dead. Those dependent on lope should go to a hospital to cod turkey and regulate heart rythem if needed or else juat keep an eye on it. Just don't use lope.

As far as it causing PW I am not sure, but it does get through the BBB before being pumped back out so it does have a chance to challenge the lope for the receptor site. I am not sure though

edit : http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/767532-Loperamide-is-deadly?highlight=lope+warning I also bumped it too.