• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Detecting fake xanax bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapidbadger

Greenlighter
I just got some 2mg xanax bars that look like this:
Xanax_Xanax_XR_Bars_Pills_2014112053437326_s.jpg
I chewed one up to test it out and make sure its not a dud (I've had bad experiences with these bars that say XANAX on them) and NO TASTE at all, its like chewing a bit of chalk. In my experience when there's no taste, ttheres no alprazolam in them (no effects at least). Are there exceptions to this? Is it possible to come across legit xanax bars which have no taste (only a chalky taste) to them? I don't care if they're fakes as long as they actually have alprazolam in them, its getting these duds that drives me insane, evil bastards that manufacture xanax bars with no xanax in them.

This will get shut down but they don’t manufacture those bars anymore bruh. They’re most likely pressies

The bitter taste of xanax comes from the alprazolam itself, as far as I know.

There are pressed bars made using actual alprazolam, and those are indeed going to be bitter.
However, there are also various grey-market RC benzos (clonazolam, flubromazolam, diclazepam...) being used for such presses, meaning that neither does a bitter taste imply the presence of actual alprazolam, nor do tasteless bars necessarily have to be inactive. Etizolam, for example, is reported to be near-tasteless, yet produce very similar effects to alprazolam.

I got some fake green ones yesterday. Alprazolam is not water soluble so all you have to do is drop it in some water. If it breaks up and falls apart it's fake. If they stay intact they are legit

If it breaks up and falls apart it's fake. If they stay intact they are legit

This isn't accurate. Real alprazolam tabs will break up in water due to the excipients' water absorption. The alprazolam won't be dissolved in the water but the tablet will disintegrate.

Unless it was in a blister pack I would consider it fake and even in a pack I would be a bit wary, xanax is probably one of the most copied and fake drugs on the market.

All solid advice above but alas we don't do pill ID. Going off taste alone is particularly problematic seeing as there's so little Alprazolam in even a 2mg bar. Flubro/ Clonazolam fakes are no joke either.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.