• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Desoxypipradrol/10 mgs) First experience: Which way is Poland?!

fastandbulbous

Bluelight Crew
I've decided to put a few of my initial impressions of this 'designer stimulant' into the written word form just in case (as I seriously expect) it becomes 'the next big thing' among stimulants, much like what happened with the appearance of MDPV.

My first encounter of this substance was that it looked pretty much like any other drug - a fluffy white powder with no real distinguishing smell.

Anyway, measured out 10mg as that seemed like a reasonmable dose going by the drug it's derived from, pipradrol (which has a clinocal dose of 2mg , but requires 5-10 mg to start being really enjoyable). Dissolved it in water and administered it rectally. I've taken to using this route for first times as if you suddenly thin, fuck I've taken too much, you can eject it from your body pretty quickly. Vomiting isn't alays that easy in a panicky state.

Anyway afte that I went into my home town to get the usual things we've run out of (milk & cat food, always bloody cat food!) and go to the Post Office to pay a bill. After standing in a huge que at the post office, I started heading to the other end of town to get the shopping, but as I'm walking doen the street I notice I seem to be walking faster than everybody else. 'Oh yes, the drug' I thought, but while all of the recognisanle mental effects were present, my body was giving absolutely no feedback signs indicating a stimulant. Walkied a few minutes more and I'm grinning to myself lika a village idiot as all I'm thinking about is a scene from Blackadder the first that relates to how I feel at the moment (the scene where Blacjadder is walking through the town, peasants come up doffing their cap with a' good morning lord Blackadder' with a reply, 'good morning peasant' followed by a slep to the side of the peasant''s head!). I'm really starting to enjoy this!

Went arond Tescos in a very good mood, simging songs to myself in a less than quiet voice. The checkout had a big que, but unlike when I've had speed and stand there muttering 'fuckin' HURRY UP', I'm happily just standing awaiting my turn. This was the first sign that it was something beyond your normal edgy stimulant. Walking back home, it was almost a state of enjoyable megalomania; I remember thinking,'this is the sort of state that makes you decide to invade Poland!' while striding past snails pace local folk. I put the rest of that dose to good use, collecting up clothers & stcking them in the washing machine, dong other household chores and all in very good spirits.

The second time was going to a friends birthday party. Had another 10mg via rectal route only this time in the company of friends I;m going into babble hyperdrive, a stream of bizzare observations streaming from me that seems to be entertaining the friends standing with me. At this point I did something that I should be given a good slap for doing with an experimental drug, I offered it around for people to try. (I'm normally much more reserved & cautious with relativcely unknown compounds). Everyone I asked just took one look at the grinning ,babbling hippie offering them some weird stuff and said,'hell yes'. Desoxypipradrol does nothing for me sexually other than skightly increasing my kibido at higher (eg 20mg) doses, nor did it do much for other male frinds. but female friends seem to have a certain recognizable stance & gleam in their eye (they later confirmed that most had some degree of libido stimulating effects).

Anyway, I'd done a bit of checking and could find no evidence of MAO inhibition even though I was pretty certain it just didn;t have the right structure to inhibit that particular enzyme - better safe than sorry though) so when the birthday boy starts dishing out 2C-B, it's party time. the 2C-B felt really nice on top of the desoxypipradrol (I don't normally rate 2C-B that much as I like psychedelics to really radically alter my point of perspective) so the night turned out to be one of the best in a long while. Much later when most people had either left or gone to sleep, the 6 other people I'd offered the desoxypipradrol to were all still wide awake and chatting in the kitchen. i asked if anybody wanted another dose (unanimous yes) then someone produced some 2C-D and suggested snorting some. I took my dose and went to the bathroom to administer rectally (I don't snort anything due to having very sensitive sinuses that get infected at the slightes excuse) When I re-entered the kitchen, people were already falling on the floor in fits of laughter and it wasn't long before I was chortling along with everuone else, the it happened... the woman standing next to me (Kat, who Ive known for a few years) started laughing so badly that she puked - yes laughed so much she puked. After a moment of shock we all fell about clutching our sides. it seems that desoxypipradrol mixes with psychedelics far better than any stimulant I've ever had, probably because of the total lack of physical signs of activity (the physical side of most stimulants don't mix well with psychedelics and leave me - and most people IME - feeling edgy). The whole night went better than could have ever been expected.

I've had differing doses via different routes of administration (the most extreme being 20mg via IM route - extremely intense, but still enjoyable) and desoxypipradrol is possibly one of the most physically benign stimulants I've ever had & in my time I've had a very wide variety of the weird and the wonderful!). My only complaint and that's too strong a word really, is it's duration; 10 mg can lead to 16 hours of stimulation, but as it has no physically fatiguing side, it's not that bothersome.

Anybody who uses stimulants for the mood lift and for getting work done etc will most probably love this drug as it gives a high degree of focus when required. Speedfreaks on the other hand, might not as the lack of physical signs of activity means that even the 20mg IM produced no decernable 'rush', just a rapid onset of clarity of thought followed by elavated mood and speedfreaks seem to be all about the rush from their favourite drug. Some people who've had 4-methylaminorex have given very good comparisons of the two.

So I'd say watch the skies (& screens) for the coming of this compound. It's not controlled (in the UK at least) or appear in any legislation so if it doesn't become a popular chemical in general or more specifically on the RC market.scene, I will be utterly gobsmacked with surprise

It is a stimulant that Shulgin said to watch for in the article/paper 'Future drugs of abuse'. Now I know why!

f&b

Additional note - desoxypipradrol seemed the logical name seeing it's the drug pipradrol minus an oxygen atom; much in the way methamphetamine used to be called desoxyephedrine. The chemical name is 2-(alpha,alpha-diphenylmethyl)piperidine hydrochloride

One last thing - a big thank you to the person that made all this possible - I can't say who (for obvious reasons) but you know who you are...

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_desoxypipradrol
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_experienced
explevel_retrospective
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think this could have a place in the world of pharmaceuticals, as an alternative for amphetamines maybe?

desoxypipradrol is possibly one of the most physically benign stimulants I've ever had

This statement makes me interested.

Speedfreaks on the other hand, might not as the lack of physical signs of activity means that even the 20mg IM produced no decernable 'rush', just a rapid onset of clarity of thought followed by elavated mood and speedfreaks seem to be all about the rush from their favourite drug. Some people who've had 4-methylaminorex have given very good comparisons of the two.

I thought 4-MAR was more like amphetamine ... dopamine release in addition to blocking reuptake. Isn't deoxypipradrol just a DA and NE reuptake inhibitor like MDPV and methylphenidate? I'm not a big fan of MDPV, but perhaps this will be different.

Here's an attached table from a 1979 paper on deoxypipradrol:

Last edited:
You went to the post office? and queued without getting the speed 'come ON!' feeling? wow, sounds too good to be true. For all the side-effects, I may as well stick it up my arse :) BTW have you tried mixing it with MDPV?

No physical effects noted by me or the missus , it's as very benign regards psychotic/sleep deprivation effects (much less dodgy tham MDPV/methamp etc)
Gives a mental stimulation that is very very clean no racing heart noted (BP/pulse not checked) starts off as a low level usage but tolerance builds heavily after 3 days (and nights) there can be some sexual component but not in the same league ~ as MDPV ~ PRO -AM might be an accurate analogy !!
Desoxy is really good I think, if used wisely, and pretty benign if abused.
Excellent pick me up and keep me up substance for people who need to get by on less rest than they'd like !
I like it a lot ~ in some ways better than MDPV (a drug the one ought to make time for ! )
this can be incorporated into ones schedule with a little forethought ~ Oh take it early it isn't a short acting substance!
Some histamine release at around 20 mgs (suspected as anti histamine cured three of us out of three of scatchy/itchy syndrome ) "PHEW" a good and useful addition to anyones stock I would say !
Would I use it again ~ in short definitely!

Last edited:
BTW have you tried mixing it with MDPV?

Yes I have ! Whatcha want to know then ? ~ well it felt like a mixture of the two simply enough !

Gives a mental stimulation that is very very clean no racing heart noted (BP/pulse not checked)

And there was me thinking that I'd convinced you to be scientific in these things!

Today I've confirmed that desoxypipradrol would be utterly useless as an appetite supressant. 20mg (with some tolerance, so not as big a dose as that looks) had no effect on my enjoyment of the filled crepes my other half had made for afternoon meal today. In fact, feeling stimulated while eating plesant food was, in addition to being quite strange, more enjoyable than usual

Last edited:
Survival0200 said:
Do you think this could have a place in the world of pharmaceuticals, as an alternative for amphetamines maybe?

Whatever pipradrol ws used for in the past, this is the souped-up, nitrous injection version (pipradrol was actually used in early stage senile dementure, post viral fatigue and given to people on opiate maintainance to give them additional motivation)

zophen said:
Yes I have ! Whatcha want to know then ? ~ well it felt like a mixture of the two simply enough !

OK, OK just wanted to know it was safe (your the Guinea Pig!).

Not really i'm sure it'd been sampled by at least one other in combo previous to me trying it!

Anyone any rough idea of the time it takes to lose all tolerance to it ~ because tolerance really ramps up with desoxy also MDPV , both causing IME histamine release if you keep pushing it!

A bit too long lasting, it seems. I smoked 10mg of MDPV about 2.5 hours ago, woke me up but didn't make me 'happy'. Hit me all at once within 20 seconds but somehow I wanted more. Like cigarettes. I mean, all smoking one does is stop a craving, nothing good.
Then 2 hours ago I smoked 10mg of desoxy, and man, it's as good, if not better than 4MAR (that's high praise coming from me, I assure you). Very little body load, but mentally, very happy. Again, hit inside 30 seconds, accelerated for a few more minutes and I've been peaking (well, I hope this is the peak) for 2 hours. So tempted to take more desoxy, not much of an ego booster, but sure feel happier. Won't invade Poland... until later, when I've had some more food!
Proper report tomorrow!

Just smoked a further 10mg & gave two friends 15mg each. Not as euphoric as, say, MDMA, but it's just so benign on the body. BP up 10, HR up 10, that's al + expanded pupils. No histamine releasel. F&B, wait for me, I'm coming with you, I'll do the Czeck Republic!

F&B it sounds from your report that it's not a "normal" stimulant like coke or amphetamine in the sense that it's more on the serotonergic side?
No twitchiness or paranoia, mixes well with psychedelics..

This sounds good :)

A motivation-lifting stim. without anorexia? Sounds close to perfect...

Did you notice any sort of crash, btw?

Thanks for the report my friend, made me laugh (in a good way) as most your reports do :)

Not really i'm sure it'd been sampled by at least one other in combo previous to me trying it!

Are you implying I'm some sort of drug pig? I'll have you know that pigs can be very cute and lovable creature =D

Could be an ADHD winner?

By a country mile! Only drawback for that is it's potential for abuse (not good in the eyes of pharmaceutical companies)

Did you notice any sort of crash, btw?

Only from lack of sleep, no 'speed comedown bad temper' which was great.

Off to bed now g'd'night all

Last edited: