• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

I'm a good seller.. just not really a fashionista. Lol. I guess that just makes me a good liar. ;)
this reminds me of how tom ford got started...

When interviewing for jobs after graduation, Ford said that he had attended The New School's Parsons division, but concealed that he graduated in architecture,[3] and that his work at Chloé was a low-level public relations position. Despite his lack of experience, Ford called American designer Cathy Hardwick every day for a month in hopes of securing a job at her mid-price sportswear company. Eventually, she agreed to see him. Hardwick later recalled the incident: "I had every intention of giving him no hope. I asked him who his favorite European designers were. He said, 'Armani and Chanel.' Months later I asked him why he said that, and he said, 'Because you were wearing something Armani'. Is it any wonder he got the job?" Ford worked as a design assistant for Hardwick for two years.

you'll be at the top of the fashion hierarchy soon enough :)

loving that twin shadow remix, going real well with this chill saturday afternoon.
14.gif

yo, congrats Pretty Diamonds!

to not be photoless ...

tumblr_nkjws4Defi1rkj6o9o1_1280.png

djenice duarte silva and ronald epps by urivaldo lopes for French Revue de Modes, 2015

tumblr_nt7or9YeeS1s1xd7so1_r1_400.gif
tumblr_nt7or9YeeS1s1xd7so2_r1_400.gif

kate moss interviewed by MTV, 1994

tumblr_nz2jowJJEf1u9yecko1_540.jpg

manish arora spring '15

Last edited:
90s mtv makes me so emotional

reminds me of this clip from house of style w/ john stewart bumpin into kate and linda backstage @ calvin klein... height is topic of conversation as well. LOL

being one for more minimal design, i still can appreciate that manish arora. reminds me of this perfume ( http://www.charentonmacerations.com/shop/asphalt-rainbow/ )

file under "softasfuck" ?

tumblr_nyeqpkh0aW1ucqqw0o1_500.jpg

dig this... http://thisispaper.com/sophie-gree-poppie-and-rossie/ "The project Poppy & Rosie is about two sisters she met while running out. Stroked by their unique and original sense of style, Sophie decided to photograph them."

must be living in the wrong city if i'm not meeting models while out for a run... :\

http://www.crfashionbook.com/book/popping-up/

favs...

tumblr_nyrrvuQarA1qmk8l2o10_500.jpg

tumblr_nyrrvuQarA1qmk8l2o5_500.jpg

hi. miss all y'all. <3

bae got me this for xmas. which i opened early because my other perfume died.

MIU_MIU_BTS_11.jpg

i remember when i was in italy and the woman in the miu miu store put some on my wrists and i said this is too young for me and she laughed so loudly at me. guess she was right. it starts off hella floral - lily of the valley, jasmine, rose, but within 30 minutes, it was much more sporty, athletic.

Once the lily of the valley was nailed down, in true Miu Miu fashion, it was time to twist it on its head. “Once you have something that is charming and appealing," says Andrier, "you can’t just stay that way. It needed to be, like, ‘She’s not only charming; she has allure. She’s not just pretty; she has something more interesting.’” She found these deeper qualities in something unusual: Akigalawood, an extract of patchouli. “It’s not ugly, but it’s rough. It has an unexpected strangeness to it that contrasts with the beautiful floralcy,” explains Andrier.
To obtain Akigalawood, they take patchouli and add enzymes to transform it into something else. The result is a spicy, peppery, vibrant scent rather than an earthy one, says Andrier.

yeah, basically. the bottle is also super impressive. it's like, huge. obtrusive, can't miss it. bae earned a kiss, coming into work with this crazy bottle while my arms were full of champagne.

tumblr_nzmvzfHU4h1tmel72o1_540.png

joe

^ omg i'm grinning from ear to ear right now. that pic is everything. THANK YOU for sharing it... seriously.

that campaign for the miu miu fragrance is so on point. the bottle is indeed lovely, has this cool, 60s mod style to it. i read about just recently @ https://www.facebook.com/Scent-and-Chemistry-263202847040070/photos/ it's a very "science-y/chemistry" type post not a typical fragrance review. they do speak highly of it "To us most probably the most innovative fragrance this year is Daniela Andrier's 'Miu Miu for women' (Miu Miu, 2015). We don't know if this will be trendsetting, but it does have the potential to do so." sounds very interesting, nice to see a mainstream brand try something unusual with "akigalawood" look forward to sampling it...

again, the music is super on point =)

miu miu usually has fun campaigns. that bottle design is indeed something.

i'm a huge fan of poppy ...

NSFW:
tumblr_nozzaig02V1sx8yl3o1_1280.jpg

by vicki king for Pylot Magazine. sorry about the size; away from photoshop and i'm not about to mess up such beautiful colors by resizing with a lesser program. and sorry about not knowing who she's wearing; google should exclude pinterest and tumblr from its search results.

fashion weeks as we know it is under attack: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rachela...eks-is-it-finally-time-to-embrace-and-change/

i don't think the article follows the news pyramid properly. pretty far down it mentions ...
The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) has accordingly hired the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) to conduct a study on whether or not New York Fashion Week at large should become a consumer-facing event presenting collections more closely aligned with retail drops. It will survey industry insiders early next year to try and figure out an ideal model.
the current schedule is pretty strange and easy to get lost in. i really, really hope they figure out a way to keep fashion week relevant. in a way that doesn't cut out printed editorials from the runway to store routine.

Last edited:
enjoyed reading that. can't blame the technology or fast fashion, just seems to be the culture of impatience/instant gratification (that will never change)

reminded of reading this "These well-known luxury brands have grown too fast in the recent years, eager to cash in on the rise of the Chinese new wealth, without a sufficient understanding of the market, which has now resulted in their exclusive image becoming somewhat tarnished in that market."

http://www.businessinsider.com/prada-and-the-luxury-goods-sector-sales-and-results-2015-3?r=UK&IR=T

then i see small, hand made artisanal brands raising prices ridiculously eager to cash in...

i dunno man, of course i'm not buyin the stuff, just like to follow the creative designers/photographers... that will always be there.

really tho i've been thinkin about, and feel ready to just starting wearing the same shit everyday... buy like a couple weeks worth of blacks shirts/pants and say fuck it, i'm rollin with this people lol

can switch up with some accessories and perfume and never worry about shopping =)
Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead.
-Rick Owens

i could see myself wearing this for the rest of my life and be content
tumblr_nxe2n82OVY1rgm9ywo1_1280.jpg

http://theofficegallery.tumblr.com/

the current schedule is pretty strange and easy to get lost in. i really, really hope they figure out a way to keep fashion week relevant. in a way that doesn't cut out printed editorials from the runway to store routine.

it's killing designers. i mean perhaps literally. there has got to be some way to not put designers through something as excruciating as 14 collections a year? i mean when you say it out loud it sounds fucking crazy.

vogue had something about the best male models this year and i don't care because adonis bosso wasn't on the list and that little draco malfoy looking motherfucker lucky blue smith was listed as the top male model of the year. i know shit about male models but i know who i'm down with and ones who look like limp wristed racists are good for fanfiction casting but not the kind of masculinity i want in my life, or i find attractive, or even beautiful.

rick owens said something about he casts women who are powerful, and strong, and aggressive for his shows, women who are most like him, and how he casts these little weaklings, slips of nothing for his male models. i don't like that. i mean, i don't know. i like draco malfoy as much as the next girl (or more) but isn't there some way to encourage sensitivity and other "feminine" qualities without taking away male salt?

NSFW:

tumblr_nzc5cbxHdJ1qayo3to2_540.jpg
tumblr_nzc5cbxHdJ1qayo3to3_540.jpg
tumblr_nzc5cbxHdJ1qayo3to4_540.jpg

adonis bosso in gucci for 032c magazine

i think i also favor him because he's got a bunch of really cute boards he rolls around brooklyn on

tumblr_nuu72dPp1y1uge6pro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbgjxczlWm1t11r9qo1_1280.png

i'm also a female so i've got other, more vulgar feelings too
NSFW:

tumblr_n7e646a3HZ1tsrv2xo1_500.gif

when are we fucking leaving this board? it's been years and now that we're all carrying on this fashion marriage off site, when do we abandon this and move on to something else? i want to get the fuck out of here so badly. we can just all be admins on a small, quiet tumblr and reblog things we wanna show each other and just live in our own private idaho away from GROSS ASS BLUELIGHT.

*exasperated face*

stills from in bloom - a film i haven't seen but i eagerly want to. i love films about girls & politics. this is supposed to be the best film from Georgia in many years, and is heavily influenced by post communist Romanian cinema. we'll see.

tumblr_o0gn67HqX81r0fzoyo1_1280.png

tumblr_o0gn67HqX81r0fzoyo2_1280.png

*exasperated face*
giphy.gif

been ready, i'll hit ya up and can get it crackin tomorrow...

stills from in bloom - a film i haven't seen but i eagerly want to. i love films about girls & politics. this is supposed to be the best film from Georgia in many years, and is heavily influenced by post communist Romanian cinema. we'll see.
right on. i've seen one romanian film and it was about girls setting up an illegal abortion in communist romania. horrifying and cold...

4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days (2007)
tumblr_mny2rsU9Lw1qbmgqfo1_1280.png

tyrone lebon has an editorial with damaris in the february Vogue UK ...

tumblr_o0nokrezQx1u9yecko1_540.jpg

wearing burberry prorsum x

though my favorite photo in the editorial is of frederikke sofie ...

tumblr_o0no1d4U6q1qhczg1o1_540.jpg

wearing céline x

reminds me of a harley weir photo i found on Kenickie's tumblr ...

tumblr_o0gfly7ovQ1qhczg1o1_540.jpg

rianne van rompaey wearing j.w. anderson for Document Journal x

Last edited:

You must remember that you’re never going to be sexy for everyone.
You are sexy for someone, and for someone else you are not. Being totally nude is not sexy.
The art of being sexy is to suggest. To let people have fantasy.
Jacqueline de Ribes.

The Anna Wintour Costume Institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Art is doing a retrospective, Jacqueline de Ribes: the Art of Style, running through February.

I just went today and there was a lot of amazing stuff. Apparently flash photography was allowed, although I didn't know this until I was already there with nothing but a shitty phone camera. I did get to take these though:
(*nsfw for size)

NSFW:

1.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

and there is a lot of cool stuff on their website.

In addition at the exhibition there is a lot of interesting text, quotes, newspaper clippings, video snippets, etc.

Last edited:
^ overlooked this post but nice shots, one of the dresses is reminiscent of the one that set off that "is this white or blue?" sensation -_-

a lot of this stuff is too esoteric for me but i do enjoy seeing the more down-to-earth styles at red carpet events, there are a few pics from TIFF here:

link

Bingbing is stunning 8o

Clothes are a big part of the reason fall is my favorite season, finally can bust out the leather jacket or mix and match layers to stay warm without needing to conceal it all behind a big winter coat