• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

"Depot" Meth-Injections?

acklac7

Ex-Bluelighter
Does Meth have the potential to be "Depot" (time-release) injected? You know how you can get once-a-month time-release shots for certain medications (Risperdal), would it be possible to do the same thing with Meth?

(My bad if this isn't the right forum)

Eek, you don't really want a 24/7 supply of a psychostimulant, this'd be an easy ticket into the padded room / stim psychosis from not sleeping.. with a steady release of meth you wouldn't be able to sleep for too long.. but it's a good question, I thought similar about whether one could put e.g. isopropylphenidate into a slow released for a la lisdexamphetamine / vyvanse (which isn't exactly an extended/slow release, they just made sure no one gets a rush from it, but it seems to last slightly longer than plain amphetamine). Realize I don't even know how they make the time release with depot injections, guess some polymerization or whatever high tech magic.

Just know that some poor people die off depot injections releasing too much too fast, this isn't seen often but this risk exists.

I'd like a methoxetamine low-dose time release injection. Besides that I hate needles that is.

Eek, you don't really want a 24/7 supply of a psychostimulant, this'd be an easy ticket into the padded room / stim psychosis from not sleeping.. with a steady release of meth you wouldn't be able to sleep for too long.. but it's a good question, I thought similar about whether one could put e.g. isopropylphenidate into a slow released for a la lisdexamphetamine / vyvanse (which isn't exactly an extended/slow release, they just made sure no one gets a rush from it, but it seems to last slightly longer than plain amphetamine). Realize I don't even know how they make the time release with depot injections, guess some polymerization or whatever high tech magic.

Just know that some poor people die off depot injections releasing too much too fast, this isn't seen often but this risk exists.

I'd like a methoxetamine low-dose time release injection. Besides that I hate needles that is.
Yeah, forgot about the steady-release part. I guess you would need some sort of pump installed to dose it once in the morning? Right? Anybody know how Depot-Injections work? I'm just sort of curious...

It would be great if something like that were to become available for Meth such that you could eliminate the potential for misuse/abuse/psychosis. It's a great Medication when taken in appropriate doses (for me at least), but the urge to overdo it is so prevalent it's damn-near impossible to therapeutically manage on a day-by-day basis.

Yeah, meth can be nice but for me its legs are too long (have to admit I combined with deschloroketamine which too impairs sleep), firstly it was wonderfully euphoric and crisp clear, slightly warm but relatively quick became pretty numb and addicted in the sense of rebound depression. Had a 36/12h wake/sleep schedule which wasn't so bad but doesn't conform with society of course.

Imho there's better stuff than meth, like pemoline/aminorex derivates maybe but they might have a cardiovascular risk.. some are on the market but I can't import them, fuck that. Would have to travel to the US to get em.
Alpha-pvp was nice too, but had a narrow dosage window. All these stims somehow have their ups and downs.. but maybe for everybody there'd be his/her best stim in a liberal world where we could choose between many chems..

Depot injections. Somehow I think they're pretty unreliable and just used to shut people down.
Drug release from injectable depots: two different in vitro mechanisms - PubMed (nih.gov)

Having seen the potential of a "depot" injection of Abilify in a woman with otherwise untamable personality disorder I do agree with you guys that more substances should be tested in this time-release manner. She would be perfectly normal when she got the Abilify, with just the occasional benzo required. Off it, the heavy mess of pills required to knock her out would make her drool and wet the bed in her sleep. This might have had something to do with her doctor heavily leaning towards antipsychotics instead of benzos - though her days of drug abuse were long behind, so I don't know why exactly this route was taken.

I sadly see that most current medications available in this form is just done for convenience, crap like risperidone and invega... I'm no doctor, but I'll happily go thru benzo withdrawal again rather than suffer to the ordeals I see in the Invega thread.

Last edited:
Afaik Abilify is one of the only antipsychotics which isn't available as depot, maybe difficulties forming a stable derivate or whatever.. besides that it's a partial agonist instead of antagonist, this was the reason I chose aripiprazole when the need was there. Didn't work like all the others but had a reason to avoid injections.

But what's the reason you want a depot? I speculated about low-dose methoxetamine as retard formulae to treat traumatic stuff but meth, then better snort a line every morning and enjoy the rush..

Yeah, forgot about the steady-release part. I guess you would need some sort of pump installed to dose it once in the morning? Right? Anybody know how Depot-Injections work? I'm just sort of curious...

It would be great if something like that were to become available for Meth such that you could eliminate the potential for misuse/abuse/psychosis. It's a great Medication when taken in appropriate doses (for me at least), but the urge to overdo it is so prevalent it's damn-near impossible to therapeutically manage on a day-by-day basis.
I agree that meth when used correctly can be a life saver. The only issue is the lack of quality control as I can never tell when too many puffs puts me over the line. I have, however, been able to use the street form of the drug and it has helped me overcome an alcohol addiction, opiate addiction; I take AP for Bipolar I, and have recently stopped the monthly injection of Invega Sustenna, as I was experiencing ED and that my main reason for stoppage. Note: I was taking Risperdal for 4 plus years, and did not have a all the bad side effects as noted when on Invega. Since the beginning of the month of September, I switched and ask my prescriber to give me Abilify (10 mg). So the jury is still out whether the new drug, new to me, Abilify, will control my Bipolar I mania. I have to admit, that limiting my consumption of methamphetamine, would improve my life, but I find the in the limited amounts, makes my ED seem less debilitating. So trade off is worth it to me. And the meth does control my alcohol consumption, and I no longer am a slave to master Alcohol, which was slowly killing me.

To the reader: I consider myself a poly-Substance User and most importantly, not a substance abuser. I hope persons can find the correct dosage and will work with their presciber/Doctor so as to find peace in one's life! As with most of us, that peace was found through trial and error until we found the correct dose of drug and/or "no Dose."

Solution:
AA and prayer & Meditation