• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Depersonalization

not at all, you can learn about what it is to be the custodian of a human body and mind many ways, but this tears off the wraps quickly, and it is not simple to rewrap the package so easily once you have let it out.
do you really need to go back to what you were exactly?
I absolutely do not want to go back. I think you misunderstood the OP, but I admit it was poorly written by me, so my bad.

What I was getting at is that you can only tear the wrap off so many times before you damage what's inside. If that makes sense.

Not only for sure, drugs are nothing but tools which flip some switches in the brain but they make nice shortcuts in a not-so-ideal world and society :) unfortunately the same society struggles with their use and the same heavy preconception stuff which makes their use (at least psychedelics) necessary. I'm too young to compare but besides todays tech, the direction of where the world was going during the time when psychs were legal is more appealing to me for sure than what came afterwards.
I agree that the world would be a much better place if people were less scared of drugs. I just think we also have to be mindful of what these drugs can do negatively too. I know it's a common sentiment to place the blame of a bad trip on the user. "Why didn't they have a better set and setting? Why did they do so much? etc etc" But with other drugs we don't act like the user should just "be better bro" and get over it. When someone comes to this forum with issues with benzos for example the harm reduction community is very welcoming and supportive. Not placing the blame on the person. But when someone comes with issues with psychedelics it's often a knee jerk reaction to defend the drugs that we have placed upon a pedestal.

Please note that I am generalizing VERY much here. My intent is not to insult people so I am sorry if this comes across that way. I am aware that this is probably gonna get a lot of shit thrown my way but just know I still love you all 😘

with other drugs we don't act like the user should just "be better bro" and get over it. When someone comes to this forum with issues with benzos for example the harm reduction community is very welcoming and supportive. Not placing the blame on the person. But when someone comes with issues with psychedelics it's often a knee jerk reaction to defend the drugs that we have placed upon a pedestal.
You made a good point here! It wasn't my intent to blame the OP for a bad trip, we don't even know the circumstances - I blame the weed, because it's pretty notorious for that, I get the same reactions and it's why I stay away from it. Unfortunately as it's the easiest drug to get hold of, by far.

Think one thing is that dealing with a taper is just more easy to do given that you know about the matter, which might be why people will give advice for that more readily. In drug scene circles you'll find many people saying you need to "just get over" a cold turkey, or to be "a man" etc. and I don't like such behavior at all.

But I see the tendency of some users to put psychedelics on a pedestal. I need to watch out not to do the same with dissociatives, they too can and do have great benefits for some otherwise treatment-resistant conditions but also the potential for severe adverse effects. Psychs are different but have a similar profile. I don't like the generalization of that "some" people will just "get stuck" on e.g. LSD, specially when it comes from the same folks, as some tend to abandon these who experience psychosis. I understand the why, acute psychosis is one of the most heavy conditions to deal with and even trained professionals fail at it far more often than they should. My first (and last, so far) 1cP-LSD trip felt like it might indeed be true that you could kinda 'reverse' psychosis with a second trip in a good set and under the guidance of the right person but it needs the will and insight into it. Thanks god I never lost contact to reality but I experienced symptoms of psychosis like hearing voices from repeated heavy sleep deprivation on dissos.

I tripped with two individuals, the girl I knew a from chatting & phoning but the guy was mostly new to me. They had both good intents but I disliked the energy of the guy, he took over everything, wanted to teach me what the only right way seems to be not only for him but for all because he went through struggle too but you can't compare one fate to the other... It's sad because I had good contact with the girl and she changed much since they are together, more quiet and distant even when she seems to be happy and in love.. it's strange.

I get why psychedelics can lead to these changes, when you experience that you're one with the universe and how bad shit society does, temptation is there to believe that you know better. I too forgot at some points of the trip that we all are still different individual personalities but this doesn't oppose that we are ... I tend to say, different parts of the same big picture because this leaves more space for individualism. Dissociatives are in some ways really complement to psychedelics because I made some of the same experiences on deschloroketamine (maybe the most psychedelic of them) but they don't touch your ego so the knowledge of individualism remains.

You made a good point here! It wasn't my intent to blame the OP for a bad trip, we don't even know the circumstances - I blame the weed, because it's pretty notorious for that, I get the same reactions and it's why I stay away from it. Unfortunately as it's the easiest drug to get hold of, by far.

Think one thing is that dealing with a taper is just more easy to do given that you know about the matter, which might be why people will give advice for that more readily. In drug scene circles you'll find many people saying you need to "just get over" a cold turkey, or to be "a man" etc. and I don't like such behavior at all.

But I see the tendency of some users to put psychedelics on a pedestal. I need to watch out not to do the same with dissociatives, they too can and do have great benefits for some otherwise treatment-resistant conditions but also the potential for severe adverse effects. Psychs are different but have a similar profile. I don't like the generalization of that "some" people will just "get stuck" on e.g. LSD, specially when it comes from the same folks, as some tend to abandon these who experience psychosis. I understand the why, acute psychosis is one of the most heavy conditions to deal with and even trained professionals fail at it far more often than they should. My first (and last, so far) 1cP-LSD trip felt like it might indeed be true that you could kinda 'reverse' psychosis with a second trip in a good set and under the guidance of the right person but it needs the will and insight into it. Thanks god I never lost contact to reality but I experienced symptoms of psychosis like hearing voices from repeated heavy sleep deprivation on dissos.

I tripped with two individuals, the girl I knew a from chatting & phoning but the guy was mostly new to me. They had both good intents but I disliked the energy of the guy, he took over everything, wanted to teach me what the only right way seems to be not only for him but for all because he went through struggle too but you can't compare one fate to the other... It's sad because I had good contact with the girl and she changed much since they are together, more quiet and distant even when she seems to be happy and in love.. it's strange.

I get why psychedelics can lead to these changes, when you experience that you're one with the universe and how bad shit society does, temptation is there to believe that you know better. I too forgot at some points of the trip that we all are still different individual personalities but this doesn't oppose that we are ... I tend to say, different parts of the same big picture because this leaves more space for individualism. Dissociatives are in some ways really complement to psychedelics because I made some of the same experiences on deschloroketamine (maybe the most psychedelic of them) but they don't touch your ego so the knowledge of individualism remains.
Yeah I realize now I quoted your post but I didn’t mean to direct all that right at you haha.

and yes I 100% blame the weed too it’s very psychotic for me

Yeah that’s why I love empathogens so much is that the self remains and in fact one is able to integrate the self into this comic energy rather than fighting it down. I haven’t done enough dissos to really know much about them but I am looking to explore them more when I have the chance

i have also seen mates that went for a Ayahuasca retreat and come back new people with a different mindset and outlook towards life so i can see some potential there. Reason i booked myself a retreat as well but will have to wait for things to die down and for the place to be open again.

I'm planning on an Ayahuasca retreat soon myself. Unfortunately it wont be here:

Rythmia