• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Dependence question

menaces

Bluelighter
Here's the deal. I absolutely detest benzos of all kinds, and I mean that, for me atleast, I'm sure it works wonders for other people but I don't have anxiety and even as a druggy I find no recreatonal value. Now to my prediciment. My dr who usually writes my pills is in china for a pain mngmt forum or whatever and the drs there didn't believe the high dose I was on and cut it by 1/4. So I don't nearly have enough to last me. but 90 .5 mg klonopins dropped in my lap from a friend recently, and I've been taking doses ranging .5 to 1.5 maybe twice a day for 1 week now. Another reason I stay away from benzos is the withdrawal. Now on to my question even though I'm taking them consistently after 1 to 1/2 weeks will I be depenent? I doubt it because all the research I've done indicates after a month of low dose usuage only a 3rd of patients became dependent. But I wanted to ask the real masters.

Btw I'm using the klonopin for sleep from insomnia from the wds and so ican go as long as possible without redosing which they do seem to help a lot.

And I know this is kind of a bdd question but I trust the mods and seniors of od and would rather get your opinions if that's okay.

Thanks.

Less than 2 weeks of daily use isn't too bad but you don't want to do it much longer.

Sorry I haven't been able to get to this earlier, life is full of surprises sometimes. But still, please don't bump your own post, thank you.

At worst, you may want to taper down by 0.5mg per night or 0.25mg per night until getting to a low dose until you jump off - but I think if you get more pain management in the future that will help eliminate the lack of clonazepam to some degree.

just quit now. wean off. it isn't worth it. I've gotten myself into quite the mess by starting off just like you are right now.

yeah just quit now. benzo addiction is the worst of all addictions by far. WDs are the worst. and in high doses i hear that death can occur during WD.