• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Demerol + MDMA ?

Changa707

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if it would be safe to mix Demerol and MDMA...since the metabolite of Demerol, norpethidine, is known to have serotonergic effects?

That is, would there be a great risk of serotonin syndrome with this combo? And, could it be safe as long as the doses were reasonable...ie. (100 mg MDMA, 150 mg Demerol (PO)?

Also, on that note...would Demerol be more effective than traditional opioids/opiates at alleviating the negative after-effects of MDMA use?

Absolutely not safe! Demerol can cause serotonin syndrome when mixed with serotonic drugs plus along with lowering the seizure threshold it can also cause cardiotoxicity. So Demerol as well as Tramadol are 2 opioid's to avoid like the plague on MDMA. As for alleviating the negative effects of MDMA why would you think Demerol would be any better then say Morphine? If anything Demerol's toxic properties would make the negative symptoms worse. I have used both Morphine and Dilaudid coming down off MDMA or a MDMA/MDA roll and they helped but didn't alleviate all the symptoms by any means. Opioids won't reverse that low feeling you get after coming down off E

It's very easy to od when coming down after using any stimulants. It's happened to me twice after using mdma. Don't do it! Be safe!

It's very easy to od when coming down after using any stimulants. It's happened to me twice after using mdma. Don't do it! Be safe!

Well that would be the least of your worries with Demerol as Meperidine aka Pethidine is known for causing bad reactions such as seizures and serotonin syndrome even at therapeutic doses when mixed with other meds that affect serotonin or lower the seizure threshold.

I should have added that i have a high tolerance to opiates and benzos and that i usually take a lower dose when coming down off stimulants because it does hit you harder. I would say that if the OP needs something to come down with a benzo like Temazepam, Valium or whatever he can get his hands on would be better and safer then a opioid

Hate to revive this old, dead ass thread...

But does anybody have experience drinking booze several hours after Demerol, or mixing it in such combinations with thing like Ativan, Ritalin, etc...

Basically I've run out of gold and i'm resorting to rusty pot-iron(Demerol) to relieve my pain and withdrawal, until the 19th when I might can score something more typical.

The Norpethidine stuff really puts me off to taking more than I have to, but I only have about a dozen 50mg tablets anyways, so I figure that's like 3 days dose max, right?
I've never had a seizure on tramadol, or anything else for that matter, but at least with tramadol I know it's not toxic enough to blow out my sphincter or anything, and I know I can drink with tramadol just fine.

What i'm wondering, at daily doses of about 300-350mg for like, 3 days (not counting the 100mg from yesterday) #1 is this safe to use for 3 days, if my liver has been metabolizing APAP for the past 3 weeks straight(doses 1gram/am, 2.5gram/pm) without seriously fucking up my liver? I need it for a while longer yet!
and #2 would it be completely disasterous to mix lower doses of Demerol (say 125mg 2X/day) with low doses of Ritalin (5mg 3X/day) and maybe .5-1mg of Ativan?

Anybody who has experience using Demerol to stave of withdrawals, or to taper, if you could share any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Took my last dose of Demerol 125mg about 4 hours ago, and i'm already starting to develop mild withdrawal symptoms yawns chills etc....even codeine could keep me longer than that it seems like.
These damn doctors and their damn voodoo medicine...give me some damn Tylenol 4s for fuck sake, hell Tylenol 3s, fucking tramadol LOL , ANYTHING BUT DEMEROL!
UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
jus makes me so damn mad I could piss....
I may just try to tough out the withdrawal with Booze, Benzos, and Ritalin, and of course dank herb, I've decided..just a bad time of year for rhinitis and the like, which my opiates always cure..but I can tough it out, I have plenty of times, and if it gets too bad, i'll have a few Demerol.
Damnit micheal Jackson, you're taste in Drugs was about as good as you're taste in music...pretty new-fangled and dangerous, and toxic to white people ha!

P.S. I find it interesting, I found an article, too lazy to source, that said John F. Kennedy took not only Demerol, but Ritalin as well! (as well as methadone, codeine, and a crapload of other non-narcotic stuff for his health), how his heart kept rythym with that methadone, I don't know!
The absence of evidence, isn't the evidence of absence, however, especially when it comes to drug interactions.
Afterall, JFK didn't really need his body for long...maybe I won't, but i'd like to be sure I don't before I fuck it up!
If anything, it makes me feel better to know that my current stash was nearly fit for a president...sure wish I had some codeine though...I bet they gave him good codeine too...not like T4's, probably like pure codeine tablets....ahhhhh that'd be nice...DAMNIT!!

What would Jack Bauer do??
He'd pick up that bottle of Demerol, choke the shit out of it, interrogate it, research it, and finally, upon discovering how potentially dangerous it was, he would eat the whole bottle of pills, just so nobody else ever could...."Demerol...you son OF A BITCH...If you wanna kill another American president you'll have to survive my GUT! DAMNIT, (at this point the Demerol tablets start burning a hole in Jack Bauers stomach, and he feels his body cavity fill with Stomach acid, and Demerol. He lets out one last DAMNIT!!, as he reaches for his emergency bottle of CIA-grade heroin "Demerol you son OF A BITCH, say hello to sister Morphine for me, will ya?"
He then reaches inside the gaping hole that is now his stomach grabs the Demerol pills, and swallows them down AGAIN, determined to eradicate this vile poision from the streets of the USA, in favor of safer, more traditional opioids.

Jack Bauer died there, that cold day in august...in California where everybody wears jackets year round. He never receieved a proper burial, because the neighbors cat got in thru the window and ate his face...and that's why the only thing more un-American than Demerol...is cats.
I'm in such a state, if a cat approached me right now I would beat it with the maniacal rage that is, typically, only found among Bernie Sanders supporters, who probably all love Demerol, lol.

Boy.........am I gonna get flamed for this, or what...?