Admin Attention delete account

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not about the technical ability of the staff. its that we do this on a voluntary basis with a remit to look after specific sub forums.

there are quite a few of us on staff who make good living computing, but that is not what we are engaged to do on BL. if we started doing this sort of work then we'd swiftly get bogged down with every user and his dog wanting something done so no longer have time to do the actual roles we've been appointed to. there are people doing technical work to support the forum, just not deleting users accounts.

at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. BL users pay nothing.

You don't pay anything either and enjoy perks that are known about, some not known about and have access to much more of bl than noobs would be aware of. Staff voluntarily stepped up knowing bl can be time consuming. Only the staff and in particular admin have any decision making abilities, are mostly above the rules, can interpret guidelines as see fit, are not required to show publically what happens to blrs when they are banned or otherwise shuffled away.

Most are and have been very very good and hardly ever took advantage of their status. Some ...not so much.

Technical issues are annoying yet theress gotta be tech support for this xenowhatever, its up to bl to self fund, the perk name changes could have helped free up time spent on harm reduction or assisting blrs instead. I mean, it's a donation, why not just pay for it,?

Whatever technical tasks tasks you knew you were going to have to do, you signed up for it. You're part of a community who will sometimes have problems and come to you and take up your time, that's how it works.

If you want ppl to feel a part of here and want to invest in it, would you expect them to if they're just taking up your time? That's what you're here for or at least attempt to, n that's where you and the others can probably get blrs more invested in its future, possibly donate and maybe bl mods should consider paying the 25 for a perk that is just costing itself with loss of recognisable names as well as money.

Blrs don't have to donate either, we just make another account and keep going with that for free. in the event of stalking as its easy to figure out who ppl were with a name change anyway.

Bl can delete accounts completely, Ali did that to several accounts at least, post counts can be changed, I'm pretty sure there's time bit by bit to help people remove posts of they need help.

Xolorth is doing a beaut job, really he is, so is mal, white Rose too, Helping ppl sometimes is on thee mods, if you don't want to lose someone and they're having a rough time, that time you take with them is worthwhile, sad it see it seen as being bogged down by everyone and their dog, hopefully people who are more inclined to remember their roots and are available since you don't have time for this.

Besides, using her pic as sn avatar could have been just the doichrbags avstar removed, we could humiliate him and troll him off the board, or whatever, no. Need for someone to be harassed by sn ex without us overpowering him, or something like that, hope blueberry is OK, stay single men suck.

Last edited:
Helping ppl sometimes is on thee mods, if you don't want to lose someone and they're having a rough time, that time you take with them is worthwhile, sad it see it seen as being bogged down by everyone and their dog, hopefully people who are more inclined to remember their roots and are available since you don't have time for this.
if you took a brief look through my posts before making this statement you would see that i spend the vast, vast majority of my time on BL trying to help people.

i could spend that time doing basic database admin to meet requests like account deletion because i have that skill, but it would be to the detriment of the people in need of advice in H&R. we don't have infinite time, that was my entire point.

Status
Not open for further replies.