• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Delayed Xanax withdrawl?

Akistrodon

Greenlighter
I was taking somewhere between 0.125 and 0.25mg of Xanax every three or so days for about 8 months.

Before completely quitting I was taking about .125 twice a week.

It has now been 8 days since I have taken any Xanax and I have felt absolutely ZERO withdrawals, which is honestly concerning me.

I do understand that I was on a low and infrequent dosage although I still expected to feel some level of discomfort.

It should also be noted that I am a very anxious individual as it is so I may just be overanalyzing.

Does anyone have experience quitting a low dose of Xanax? If you did experience withdrawals, when did they occur and for how long?

I have read horror stories (I know, reading those stories doesn't help my anxiety) about people experiencing withdrawals like a month after the last dose.

I have tried looking online but it seems like most posts are talking about people taking very high doses.

Am I just being my normal anxious self or would it be possible to have delayed withdrawals occurring a month after the last dose?

you are on an EXTREMELY low dosage, so im not surprised you havent noticed much. But you also mentioned that youre naturally an anxious person, so if youre still experiencing anxiety, thats all that your "withdrawal" would consist of at these dosages and frequencies. This is how xanax was intended to be taken, but almost no one uses it correctly. So, dont worry about withdrawals, just be thankful you dont have any

You should be fine as you only used a small amount and didn't take it every day. Just relax and be happy that you didn't experience withdrawal

Yeah. Seriously. What they all said.
I was doing 10mg a day for 4 or 5 months and cold turkey almost killed me. Withdrawal hit me on day 3 with a grand mal seizure. And onward for the Next three weeks.
Everyone always says how benzo wd is worse the opiate wd and being a long time user I thought nothing was worse than that until i met my fate in feb.

OP, I too don't get Xanax cravings or WDs. I take anywhere between .25 (1/4) to .5 (1/2) mg when I usually do NEED them. Need being the keyword there. People like myself who have anxiety/ptsd and use them as they need to (as they were intended, for a fast acting/short half-life drug), don't usually get WDs. You only notice them when you need them for whatever reason. Myself, likes or rather, prefers to take them at night, as they really help me with my insomnia. And that little amount, is usually all it takes. I am prescribed x2 1mg a day, and hardly take 1/2 every two-three days. I like to save them up, and have them for when I really need them. My doctor has even agreed with this, but naturally has to prescribe them like they were being taken on a consistent basis. She knows the BS bureaucracy involved with prescribing them, so actually LOVES to hear that I only take them when I need to, and saves them up. GL

you're just over thinking it, you were on a small dose and weren't even using every day
congrats on not getting hooked, its so easily done