• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Degenerative disc, DRs, and opinions

Snake Eyes....Does the Kratom help you? I think Maeng Da has potential to ease just a little of my pain and definitely help the depression that accompanies chronic pain. It constipates me much like the opiates. Do you experience this? If so, how do you remedy?

TIA :)

Yeah it works pretty good, probably on the same lines of codeine. My favorite work combo was taking tramadol and kratom throughout the day. Yeah the constipation is pretty bad I drink a half gallon to a gallon or water a day and take 250mg stool softener the morning and another 250mg at night with the occasional Epsom salt in the evening, doing this will keep me somewhat regular.

I have a spinal hemangioma, several herniated discs, spinal stenosis, degenerated discs, 3 major vehicle accidents, scoliosis......and that's the tip of the iceberg. I am the most laied back happy go lucky person ever grew up a stoner with my dad. Most doctors are scared to prescribe opiates for good reason, any paitent indiscretions, selling meds, overdoses and a hundred other scenarios would result in a loss of the ability to practice medicine making themselves, big pharma, and the good ol' USA lose out on a bunch of money from buying concentrated poppy straw cheap from third world countries and chemically engineering it into "pain medication". At first all the would give me is anti depressants that helped pain, like 6 different ones......then finally hydrocodone 10/325 3 x a day which I had to pretend was enough and ask every year or so for an addition pill per day Til I eventually got oxycodone 15s 4 x a day with norcos and finally the 30mg oxy ir's after years of playing by the rules.........I actually just got dropped by my general practitioner after my grandpa died And my family saw me pop a few extra and nodding off so the flushed my shit I agreed to check into mental health. I was restabilized on my normal meds and prescribed a 5 day supply upon leaving to tie me over. Supposably I broke a contract I never signed that I wouldn't get pain meds from anybody else. I tried to call them over and over to tell them what happened they never hit me back then the hospital called bam dropped like that.....didn't even ask me what happened. Moral of the story is don't forget your a paying customer, a lot of doctors actually need to be cut off and interrupted over and over for you to even have a chance to fully explain yourself. And you at first have to go along with whatever they say.....even if you know it won't work or isn't strong enough. Especially the antidepressants because a lot take a loading phase of a week or even months to kick in. A paitent that's truely in distress would call back in a week and complain the symptoms are worse and you need to come back in. By doing this you build a rapport with the doctor and you have to learn to subcontiously play stupid and act like you don't know a lot about pain pills etc. anyone on opiates is an addict and will therefore be succepetable to drug seeking behavior, you have to learn to tune it out. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Thanks, Snake Eyes...My fluid intake is spot on, even though my gut doesn't allow large quantities. I have water in my hand all day, sipping. My daily intake is a gallon over the course of the day.

I can't even tolerate the colon prep for scopes without projectile vomit. Years ago, while hospitalized, a dear nurse took pity on me and offered me a simpler alternative. She brought me multiple Dulcolax (orange) and a small cup of MC on ice. TMI, but I was passing grey brain matter by the time of the scans! :X

I sometimes resort to that emergency method, as well as hospital grade enemas, though a last resort. Wow, 250 mgx2 day...I guess I should "up" my dosage. I'm on the Miralax protocol twice daily, but no results. I've had 2 extensive surgeries just to repair hemorrhoids already...

MY GI doctor just tells me to "keep the bowels moving" and taunts the wonders of new OIC meds...Yea, right. Who can pay $250+ per month to drop the occasional deuce?

I REALLY want to try Kratom again, but I've got to figure this bowel thing out first. I want to LOSE this terrorist PM doctor and high costs/GI damage of meds. They've done more harm than good.

Kratom has been a god send to me. I order in bulk. Prefer Bali or a mix of Bali and maeng Da. Never been constipated from using it. But the pain relief is short lived. For me 7-8 grams is good for about 2-3 hours at best.

I have DDD, Herniated disc,and a ruptured disc and a narrowing of the spinal canal and I've had 7 different doctors read my MRI seven different ways. It's not a black and white test it's very subjective(the MRI or at lest the way the doctors read it). I had a surgeon tell me that my L4-L5 disc is gone and he is willing to do a spinal fusion (bullshit,scared to death of that) but in the same breath was like I don't see where your pain is coming from. I'm like fucking really,so you'll do an unnecessary very invasive surgery for it's placebo affect! Mind you I wasn't even trying to get script I already have one I went for my primary's piece of mind. But the stretches do help and so does pt(if you can't afford it I guess not) but about every 8-9 months I have a horrible flare up and I'm in top level pain(9-10) for 4-6 weeks and sitting ,laying,standing all hurt horribly!
Get second opinion!

I have a herniation at the L5S1 level. had a discectomy and rhizotomy a month ago. don't really feel much better, but not worse. what i can tell you is that post surgery its easier to get the strong shit. which i desperately needed and was on the verge of suicide and drinking a fifth even at a time to numb to pain as well as spending thousands on street meds. Its like nobody will believe your pain is bad (even with a bad mri), until you go under the knife. thats what I saw anyways....you still have to suck the dumb ass pharmacists dick though, god these are some bitter people with issues about not getting to be Drs.

you have to get to a Anethesiologist PM dr.....and a surgeon possibly, if your MRI is clean you should really consider physical therapy because it does help as long as you aren't aggravating the injury. do not bother with a pain mgmnt dr that is not an anethesiologist, they will give you nothing but dirty looks and do all kinds of useless injections on you and deny you any controlled drugs to ease your suffering while making thousands off you.

I have a spinal hemangioma, several herniated discs, spinal stenosis, degenerated discs, 3 major vehicle accidents, scoliosis......and that's the tip of the iceberg. I am the most laied back happy go lucky person ever grew up a stoner with my dad. Most doctors are scared to prescribe opiates for good reason, any paitent indiscretions, selling meds, overdoses and a hundred other scenarios would result in a loss of the ability to practice medicine making themselves, big pharma, and the good ol' USA lose out on a bunch of money from buying concentrated poppy straw cheap from third world countries and chemically engineering it into "pain medication". At first all the would give me is anti depressants that helped pain, like 6 different ones......then finally hydrocodone 10/325 3 x a day which I had to pretend was enough and ask every year or so for an addition pill per day Til I eventually got oxycodone 15s 4 x a day with norcos and finally the 30mg oxy ir's after years of playing by the rules.........I actually just got dropped by my general practitioner after my grandpa died And my family saw me pop a few extra and nodding off so the flushed my shit I agreed to check into mental health. I was restabilized on my normal meds and prescribed a 5 day supply upon leaving to tie me over. Supposably I broke a contract I never signed that I wouldn't get pain meds from anybody else. I tried to call them over and over to tell them what happened they never hit me back then the hospital called bam dropped like that.....didn't even ask me what happened. Moral of the story is don't forget your a paying customer, a lot of doctors actually need to be cut off and interrupted over and over for you to even have a chance to fully explain yourself. And you at first have to go along with whatever they say.....even if you know it won't work or isn't strong enough. Especially the antidepressants because a lot take a loading phase of a week or even months to kick in. A paitent that's truely in distress would call back in a week and complain the symptoms are worse and you need to come back in. By doing this you build a rapport with the doctor and you have to learn to subcontiously play stupid and act like you don't know a lot about pain pills etc. anyone on opiates is an addict and will therefore be succepetable to drug seeking behavior, you have to learn to tune it out. Best of luck to you.

your family flushed your shit? damn i had a friend do that once to me. they don't realize how badly they are fucking you, they don't realize you are in pain and will get really sick without it. people are just stupid in this issue.

its very hard to be someone with chronic pain in this world. guess where that leads us all. heroin. if people aren't going to be compassionate enough to help us...well we just gonna have to help ourselves. heroin isn't a matter of fun for many people, its a matter of not killing themselves from chronic pain.

Spine Dr said I have a perfect back. Pressed on my SI joint and that's where a lot of the pain comes from he thinks its inflamed wants to do shots. Shots I can't afford so I guess I live in pain.

I have damaged disks in a couple of areas in my back. A local GP who had a problem with alcohol got clean, (heard it though a friend it wasn't public knowledge as such) then started pulling people off their pain meds without any consultation. I ended up on a Friday going from Tramadol 3oomg and Co-codamol 30/500 x 6 a day to nothing! I was fucking livid and would have slapped the bollix had I the opportunity. I went to my own GP who said you understand what he's going through saying but not saying about the addiction

Back pain causes muscle wastage which causes more pain and it is of benefit to get exercises. A physio referral would definitely benefit if you could at all swing it. Also you need the pain meds, I was off all meds for a few months and it had a disastrous impact on my health and well being.

Have you had any addiction problems in the past? The Dr might be reluctant to keep prescribing if that is the case. IF she is adamant you should not be having that pain then tell her she needs to have you referred for further investigations to discover what is causing the pain. Maybe too take a look at you posture, that has been adding to my problems and is something you can work on.

Cannabis is great if you can get it, if I had a good supply I would use it and skip the opioids all together. Kratom I found good too, although somewhat unpalatable. I blame the bastard Misuse of Drug Act - its well known that due to that shite that opioids are grossly under utilised.

Good luck man hope you get sorted.