• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Deciding to go on a methadone program! Am i crazy to consider this

methadone has it's pros and cons, at last you're not harming urself anymore. But at what COST? you have to go to the clinic everymorning, everyday, you're still addicted to the junk. Srsly in my case, im addicted to morphine and when i decide to quit, i won't go on methadone, i'd rather reduce my dose and then quit with comfort meds. Methadone's not worth it imho.

Methadones not the best option for everybody, I don't think anyone would argue that. People are different, and different people have different habits and different psychologies. And yes it definitely has its downsides. But for some people, probably including myself, its the only option.

My tolerance was too high for bupe, and call it severe addiction, call it weakness, call it whatever you want, but I have no doubt that I was not gonna get off heroin without methadone. At the very least if I were to have ever gotten off it, it would likely have been years and piles more self destruction down the track.

Yes methadone does restrict your life, that's a fair criticism. But it's not too bad. I get 4 takeaways a week so don't have to go in too often.

It's not for everyone, it does have its negatives, and it may well not be the right choice for you. But I'm pretty confident it was the only choice for me at the time. The only choice aside from continuing my self destructive lifestyle.

Sure I may have gotten off heroin without methadone eventually, but would I have stayed off it for 2 years? Would I be in jail or dead by then? I dunno. But I don't regret not finding out.

Where did you get this information bro? I've never ever heard/read that before. What's your source of information on this?

It's nonsense, many people have been on methadone for decades. It has its side effects to be sure, but not this.

Where did you get this information bro? I've never ever heard/read that before. What's your source of information on this?

Its not true, I was on methadone for over 20 years, so according to this my kidneys should be the same as 1000 year old person? Yet they are fine.

In my experience they don't even bother to require blood tests for methadone. And they order those for medications that have even a very small risk of kidney damage.

Also, methadone and bupe are chemically very different, and what, by chance they both have the exact horrible side effect?

And by what mechanism of action? Pharmacologically they're mostly just opioid agonists, a type of substance with an enormous amount of history and testing behind it.

No, this is bs propaganda. It's not true.

At least the people who claim methadone "gets into your bones" and similar such nonsense are misinterpreting a legitimate side effect. Namely that methadone can cause dry mouth which in turn can cause tooth decay. Teeth aren't bones and it's still bullshit, but at least there some minor truth behind it all rather that this nonsense.

I've got to be honest.it sounds like you're not really an addict.i mean you said something about taking H orally.if your not addicted you really shouldn't do this.having a buzz everyday isn't worth the downside of being strongly addicted to methadone.if your not already addicted it's a stupid idea.

Methadones not the best option for everybody, I don't think anyone would argue that. People are different, and different people have different habits and different psychologies. And yes it definitely has its downsides. But for some people, probably including myself, its the only option.

My tolerance was too high for bupe, and call it severe addiction, call it weakness, call it whatever you want, but I have no doubt that I was not gonna get off heroin without methadone. At the very least if I were to have ever gotten off it, it would likely have been years and piles more self destruction down the track.

Yes methadone does restrict your life, that's a fair criticism. But it's not too bad. I get 4 takeaways a week so don't have to go in too often.

It's not for everyone, it does have its negatives, and it may well not be the right choice for you. But I'm pretty confident it was the only choice for me at the time. The only choice aside from continuing my self destructive lifestyle.

Sure I may have gotten off heroin without methadone eventually, but would I have stayed off it for 2 years? Would I be in jail or dead by then? I dunno. But I don't regret not finding out.

It's nonsense, many people have been on methadone for decades. It has its side effects to be sure, but not this.
Dude wth are you saying ur tolerance is too high for bupe.Have u even tried it? perhaps u did the induction wrong and didnt wait enough time, therefore u suffered from precipitated wds and thought it wasnt working.Trust me Bupe is SUPER strong, most ppl with moderate habits just need 8mg a day. Even tho their doctors prescribe them 12-16mg or. even the max ceiling dose which is 32mg. Im no expert on this matter but from what I've read and seen Bupe can keep wds at bay even at mounstrous habits. Or maybe you had some bad reaction to the subutex, idk could u explain more on that part Please?. im pretty sure bupe should be able to stabilize you. NZN

I've got to be honest.it sounds like you're not really an addict.i mean you said something about taking H orally.if your not addicted you really shouldn't do this.having a buzz everyday isn't worth the downside of being strongly addicted to methadone.if your not already addicted it's a stupid idea.
agree, methadone is an even bigger and uglier monster than heroin itself...

Dude wth are you saying ur tolerance is too high for bupe.Have u even tried it? perhaps u did the induction wrong and didnt wait enough time, therefore u suffered from precipitated wds and thought it wasnt working.Trust me Bupe is SUPER strong, most ppl with moderate habits just need 8mg a day. Even tho their doctors prescribe them 12-16mg or. even the max ceiling dose which is 32mg. Im no expert on this matter but from what I've read and seen Bupe can keep wds at bay even at mounstrous habits. Or maybe you had some bad reaction to the subutex, idk could u explain more on that part Please?. im pretty sure bupe should be able to stabilize you. NZN

In truth I haven't tried bupe. So you're right, I don't have first hand experience here. It was my determination at the time that I felt methadone was a better choice, and the choice has long since been made.

Im no expert on bupe either, it's just been my observation that people with larger habits have tended to do better on methadone. But that's just an observation, I could be wrong and you might be right. But what's done is done.

agree, methadone is an even bigger and uglier monster than heroin itself...

I generally wouldn't agree with that. I mean this is highly subjective, and I would agree that methadone is likely harder to get off cold turkey than heroin. As we all know it's withdrawal lasts substantially longer.

But I'd say it'd take more than that to beat heroin. To me what makes heroin a monster is how it conditions you to feel this compelling need to always have more of it. And a lot of that comes from its fast, euphoric high (if you IV anyway), which methadone generally doesn't have.

And ive never heard of people doing the kinda shit to score methadone as people do to score heroin. But yeah, it's very subjective. YMMV

My doctor in rehab. She is a certified phd in San Diego California who specializes in addiction and general practice.

I've know many people who have a high tolerance to H and bupe did NOTHING for their cravings. Bupe killed their withdrawal symptoms but they craved heroin daily. They ended up switching to methadone and their withdrawal and cravings were taken care of by methadone. Ask ladyhlove... She'll tell ya... She's one of the people that craved H badly while on bupe. Now she's on methadone and doing great.

Last edited:
I've know many people who have a high tolerance to H and bupe did NOTHING for their cravings. They switched to methadone and had no cravings since.

Bupe is kind of the opposite of H.and if your tolerance is too high bupe probably won't do much.also could have been bcoz they started on bupe at a low dose like 4mg rather than 16 or 32 and I found it takes a few days to adjust to the bupe and get used to it while the other opiates clear out of your system like it needs to build up in your body.