• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dear myself, I'd like to send a message back :)

sonicnature

Bluelighter
Let's say, by some weird accident, you got to meet your younger self for lunch. What would you say to them, and would you annoy yourself? Would you be pissed off at how silly you were at that age, and would your younger self be shocked at just what a whingy old bastard you've become?

I would probably ask what they thought of the changes that had occured throughout the years.. I'd probably enjoy my silliness back then, but that sort of thing amuses me ;)

I'd kick me in the nuts and still my lunch money.

Also I'd tell me not to go out and trust that stoooopid bitch for 2 years.

Younger self, don't take up smoking.

"You are not special. Your are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else."

how much ould i fuck myself up if i heard that when i was 5 from my future self?

the things i could say to a younger me...

maybe take up drugs earlier, you missed out on a lot of fun boyo!!!

also.. um... not to stop playing guitar... and to keep on going with that band you were in...

FARKEN

You will eventually find a man you want to marry, so have fun screwing around and don't agonize over non-returned phone calls and dismal partnering choices.

I have thought of this before.

Myself 5 years ago would probably deserve a bit of a punch in the head.

But then I got thinking...

Who is to say that right after I punch 17 year old me in the noggin, that I wont turn around to cop it sweet from 27 year old me?

He in turn would be wandering down the street and then get a black eye from 32 year old me...

And so it would go on.

That is no way to live. Always living in fear of being punched.

I suppose as I got older I would come to really look forward to these punches from my older self - after all, it guarantees I will be alive for another five years...

Then when no one comes to sock me in the jaw. I know... in less than five years I will be dead.

Nice thread dude!!

This too shall pass.

You will smile again, you will live again, you will love again.

Nothing lasts forever.

Dear self,

I would like to tell you that you were beautiful, you are beautiful, no matter what your fuckwit stepdad and jealous friends say.

I would like to impart on you the knowlege I now have, at 30, that the size of your butt should not determine your self-worth. That you had (have) the most gorgeous face and that puppy fat was nothing... nothing...

DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM. Don't listen your stepdad he says you're stupid, or greedy, or worthless. He's a fucking insecure pig. And if he slaps your face when you're chewing wrongly, or that you took too many potatoes... get up from the table, knock his plate off into his lap and punch him square in his smug, self-righteous face.

Even a beating would be better than the demeaning shit you are enduring.

Also, sweetheart, DON'T fall in love with anyone who shows you the slightest bit of attention. There are so many guys you're allowing to take advantage of you who don't deserve to lick your shoes. Wait.... wait honey, for someone who's your equal. Not just someone who throws a compliment your way.

And above all, keep that lovely idealistic view of life you have, despite everything. It will serve you well. You'll go through a lot but because you're strong you'll handle it.

I love you little Carla. Be good to yourself.

SLM.

KemicalBurn said:
"You are not special. Your are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything eles
Fight club !:D

Ill'd have to think about what illd say i'll post later !

I wouldn't tell myself to stay away from drugs, because my younger self was a lot more responsible than the current version.

But having been through uni and knowing that i probably didn't make the right choice, i'd tell my younger self to take a different path....yes that bubble *did* burst, and it did so in a big way!

I should have done actuarial studies from day one, because my friends that i was on par with are now earning over six figures, and i was that close to doing the same as them.

I would simply tell myself: "Honey, you underestimate yourself.". :)

I would tell myself at this meetup looking cranky, when i wasn't registered and just being a gatecrasher, i would one day be making my 2000th post on the site....

Yay for me :p

"i know this pointless cause your stubborn, though this is how you are, but for all its worth waiting is worth it and most importantly never give up til your death then you understand, and yer some dreams can come true but i guess you already knew that was coming"