• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Dealing with heroin withdrawl without drugs

tell yourself that a bird will fall frozen dead from a tree without ever having felt sorry for itself

you have to go through hell to get through heaven, keep going

ive withdrawed off every opiate, oxy, methadone heroin

note- withdrawl is the most effective form of torture !

tell yourself that a bird will fall frozen dead from a tree without ever having felt sorry for itself

you have to go through hell to get through heaven, keep going

ive withdrawed off every opiate, oxy, methadone heroin

note- withdrawl is the most effective form of torture !

Yeah I've always thought opiate withdrawal could be used as a form of torture. I remember a few years ago when this junkie girl ripped me off, me and a few of my buddies were strongly considering force feeding her suboxone right after she did some heroin...like tying her up and forcing it in her...never happened though.

someone i met in therapy said he masturbated like crazy to expel the built up energy created during withdrawal. seems like a good idea. he also said a quote which i'm fond of: "Pull a tazmanian devil; just go nuts."

i met a dope addict who said the same thing, 3x a day for WEEKS! he also said it slowed the aging process and i believe it!

this guy, addict of 10 yrs+, was a 30 y/o who looked like he was seventeen. I FUCKING KID YOU NOT.

I take a shitload of very HOT baths, not showers, baths.

With baths you can lay down and relax and sweat your balls off until you can't take it anymore.

only time my friend....., in my experience... i know it seems like an eternity now you will feel better.... and trust me i feel your pain ;)

- long hot showers/baths
- sport
- masturbation/sex

also alcohol and ganja may help you sleep at night and
calm you a bit down. as jc already said, try to get some
sleeping medication like benzos or otc meds
(use the search engine)

i know it helps take your mind off of ANYTHING, but i never seem that interested when im in withdrawal mode. i just lock myself up somewhere for a few days and wait it out. shit i find reading to help pass a lot of time. get the ICP book "behind the paint" by violent j that shit will make you laugh so hard you forget about the shitty w/d's.

as said before, immodium AD seems to be the only thing that works for me for the shits too, not pepto not anything but immodium.

thats really about all i can suggest without use of drugs. if you can get a benzo god it helps (i just recently went through some bad ones so im still scarred) i took some tramadols one time and although i didnt feel anything i figured it was helpin with w/d's, come to find out a few days later all they did was postpone the horrors hah.

hope that helps a bit

I'm not going to add much because most of the good advice has been said and said again. There is just one thing I want to stresssssss. DON'T take benadryl or any related antihistamine. You will severely regret it. The RLS that is created is unbearable, you won't sleep a wink at all, I'll guarantee it. It will drive you insane literally tossing and turning every 2 seconds. Do not take diphenhydramine.

other things that might make RLS worse in w/d are seroquel, trazadone and to a much lesser extent clonidine. Clonidine in effective doses doesn't give me RLS, but it does give it to people I know.

I'd say if you haven't taken it before and are not sure if it will give you RLS, don't take it in w/d. Something like benadryl making your RLS 10x worse can send you right back to opiates faster than anything else.

You will need to find something of interest.. someone I know with a 160 mg a day OC habit got into meditation alot.. He spent about 8 hours a day in a sauna for a week, meditating and listening to nature music tapes on repeat..
Afterwards, he told me he had insane willpower through it, and he had to get "enlightened" beforehand.. Also said the W/d was EASY : ?..
Then again, that's him though, obviously everyone has different experiences, I don't have much to share on the subject.. I've only been through really minor opioid w/d.

It all depends on how much you did and for how long.

Ive quit 5 times over the past year for at least a couple months each (1-2), and I damn near had the king of all W/Ds this past time (summer months... 3 full months) I was getting blown off H and chronic...

Im on day 10 now of not doing H.. had a bump in the road with a bottle of codeine syrup and 7 tramadols and 2 suboxone.. but IMO suboxone sucks and doesnt do shit (unless your looking for a tease)

but like i said Im on day ten of no dope, and the major withdrawl symptoms have faded, and its purely mental at this point... just not being able to get it down at school has my ass planted.

after you quit dope for like 4 days and your nose quits running, eyes stop watering, you can feel the addiction "slipping" and subconsciously even realize that your body was indeed dependent on a substance... this is what keeps me sane.

the fact that my own body can realize what hell i put it through that the thought of doing heroin will almost get you too high.

Once you get off, you can enjoy the simpler things in life, such as hydros, small mg percs, on a semi-regular basis as opposed to getting as blown as possible of H every single day, multiple times a day.

I see a lot of people suggesting Immodium to help with more than just the runs but how much do you need to take to help take the edge off the rest of the withdrawls?

Im just trying to figure out how much Immodium to go buy.

Thanks in advance.